Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which locker opinions please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shakr

OK I'm ready to put a lunch box locker as you all say on my jeep. I'm liking the price of the aussie locker or the Detroit ez locker . Some may say I'm a cheap skate but I say I'm thrifty.

Subject Jeep : 1995 yj 2.5L 5spd. dana 35 w/ 4.10 gears

I can get a aussie locker for about 229.99 + 20 bucks shipped (offroadlockers.com)

Or

a ez locker for about 233.28 + shipping if any (DTS)

Please keep in mind if any GL members can meet or beat this price I would really rather keep the money in the "family" . Please PM me if there are any takers on this , I do not want to cause any anomosity amongst the members.

Aussie, Detroit EZ, Lock Rite and Quick Lock are all the same thing basically. Cant go wrong with any of them for your application.

You can get a detroit ez for $239 shipped at www.completeoffroad.com

Just Empty Every Pocket Zookeeper's Avatar

The only experience I have is with the Aussie but I have been very pleased with its performance on and off road. I locked the front end on my '03 TJ. In icy conditions you can have a situation where the front end wants to go straight instead of turning, but letting off the throttle and slowing down a little takes care of that problem.

The biggest thing I like about having the locker is I can take obstacles a lot slower than I used to because the pulling power helps me get over stuff that I needed to use more momentum for before.
    Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

2003 lift-challenged TJ that's locked and loaded

YO over here

I can get you a price to you know, I will get back with you tommorrow with it!

Pat
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Ken.........I forget Pat deals in lockers........I always just think ring & pinions with him.

we need the little smiley where the one guy, slaps the other guy

I run an aussie in the front of my YJ (Dana 30), I love the thing. Great on and off road, easy install :bigemo_harabe_net-64:

ganz

88 YJ Vortec 4.3, dana 30 and 35, 4.10 gears. 4l60E trans
    I am running True Tracs front and rear and they work great for me. I drive mine every day during the winter.
    Ganz......

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

i got a 97 tj 4.0l 5 spd 4in sup 2in body. i run a surep 35 kit in the rear witha detroit and a detroit ez locker in front with 4.56 gears. i like the ezlocker, works great in all conditions except ice, and no locker in the front is any good on ice. got about 30,000 to 35,000 miles on mine no problems yet running 35 in mtr's or 35 in tsl's. dont even know its there when in 2 wheel drive, except for slight clicking noise when tight turning on pavement. im told that is common to all lunch box lockers. been on all the d.o.a.'s except one, hasent broke yet. only ever been stuck once,but i was at the mounds in mud over the headlights and sitting on the framerails, all 4 in the air. im sure any lunch box locker will work similarly well, but i trust the detroit name so i went that way. good luck, u wont regret it

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yo Pat,

What do you know about putting a locker in the front of my H2? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Feb 1 2006, 12&#58;52 PM) [snapback]9433[/snapback]</div>
    Yo Pat,

What do you know about putting a locker in the front of my H2? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:
    [/b]
    Eaton e-locker if its availible for you&#39;re application. I know there is no lockers availible for the IFS in 1/2tons, S-series, and Colorado/Canyons.........but there have been options for the 3/4ton. I&#39;m just not sure about the newer ones, I thought Chevy has switched from the Corparate axle to AAM.