Thread: ORV Board Meeting has been Moved to a new location

Hi Guys Moosecop just stopped by at atvoffroad to tell everyone that the ORV board meeting had moved to its new home at the Holiday inn WEST here is the link for the map
    http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/For...RV-SCHEDULE.pdf

For you folks that attended meetings before the Holiday Inn South this is the prior location.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

blacksheep

Definitely no excuse for me now that the meetings are at the holiday inn west. The west location is less than a mile from my house, not that south Lansing was that far of a trip. I?ll plan on attending again, but the last meeting I attended consisted of what I thought was the ORV advisory board president chasing his tail in circles, i.e. delaying anything of importance or relevance to the next meeting. On a positive note the professor from Michigan State that spoke about consistency or rather inconsistency in the DNR/county law enforcement was really interesting and quite disturbing. Also the man who gave a presentation about the ATV trail system in Montana made some really valid points about the economic impact that ORV/OHV dollars can bring to an area.
    One thing I noticed was the organization and number of members that the atvoffroad.net club had at the meeting. Would it be positive for great lakes to have a bigger audience at the meeting or does it matter? Granted I only attended one meeting but the board seems like a very monolithic body who gave little attention or concern to issues presented by citizens in attendance. The last meeting I attended was in February, but I remember driving home in disbelief at how little interaction there is between those who are active in ORV recreation and those who regulate it. I?m fairly young (23), but I do recognize that in general there seems to be far more people actively expressing opposition to ORV use than there are who support it. In closing I probably shouldn?t rant about things I myself have done very little to actively involve myself in. so with that said I will see whoever at the next ORV advisory board meeting. Sorry for the rant and for hijacking the post. :bigemo_harabe_net-60:

-Corey

Muddy you should talk to Glen Moll(VC of the board) about riding shotgun to come down to each one, he has to drive from Newberry each trip so its not like its out of his way.

secondly Blacksheep your right why aren't more people involved? I think it comes down to hours in a day. if everyone had the 6-7 hours for ones days meeting then they could be invloved and the board could see who wants the trails. the reality is that people don't want to give up the time to be get involved. I figure the guys with the least invested have the most to gain, that might be why you have so many quad guys at the meetings.

would it be easyer if we all represented one user group? ...I doubt it

About 2 1/2 or 3 years ago we filled the room with 20 + fullsize folks, the Face Full of Mud club(GL members at the time) came along with several MJ'rs.
    Ryan Reynolds had T-shirts made up that said "Fullsize Are ORV's too" it might have made a difference for that meeting but we should have kept it up. Although a lot of things at these meetings fall on deaf ears. :BangHead:

How did we get this many at the meeting? We posted on every message board and stressed how important it was to show up and support our cause. If you ask, somtimes they show!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!