Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Couple of hiccups...

JerryD

Default Couple of hiccups...

Hi Kevin -

Occasionally I'm getting this error along the top...
    Code:
    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: sub_expirations in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984
    I've seen it a few times, and it's not repetitive, but I haven't explored it to see if it's easily reproducible. Just an FYI on that.

The other thing is that when I tried accessing successive pages in this thread, I get a 403 error:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

BTW, I like the new format and look forward to the evolution.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been poking around for a couple of days and have found some links missing, but figured those would be populated in due time. I have not experienced the fetch_template thingy, but I get the same error message in the Ham thread in Jerry's post.

I would like to voice my disapproval at the disappearance of the "Forum TOC" - just as I figured out what "TOC" meant, you made it go away!

Actually, I like the new layout and the new feel, just going to take some getting used to.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Hi Kevin -

Occasionally I'm getting this error along the top...
    Code:
    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: sub_expirations in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984
    I've seen it a few times, and it's not repetitive, but I haven't explored it to see if it's easily reproducible. Just an FYI on that.
    This was caused by a plugin that I hadn't disabled. It probably doesn't work with this new version. I have disabled it so you shouldn't see it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    The other thing is that when I tried accessing successive pages in this thread, I get a 403 error:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    This was actually caused by the thread title. When you go to another page, it is displayed as "MMMMM-HAM..../page2". In the computer world, "../" means one directory up, so the link ends up not being found. I've edited the title to remove the periods and it seems to work now.

Thanks for helping debug!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as we're helpin out, I noticed that you might want to take a look at the new Blog page too.
    Looks like it's being filled with spam.

Also (Not really a debugging thing) the old format had a button in a drop-down menu of the search function that allowed a user to list the topics that had been updated over the last day. Any chance of bringing that one back? I found it very useful when I'd stopped in for a second and see posts to reply to without having time right then. I could come back later and still separate out those threads using that button because they were no longer "new" threads or posts, but had been updated in the last 24 hours.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Fanatic View Post
    As long as we're helpin out, I noticed that you might want to take a look at the new Blog page too.
    Thanks, cleaned it up this morning.

Also (Not really a debugging thing) the old format had a button in a drop-down menu of the search function that allowed a user to list the topics that had been updated over the last day. Any chance of bringing that one back? I found it very useful when I'd stopped in for a second and see posts to reply to without having time right then. I could come back later and still separate out those threads using that button because they were no longer "new" threads or posts, but had been updated in the last 24 hours.
    Left Side, Right Under the Home Button on my page has "New Posts" that will get you to where you want to go or are you talking about the Forum TOC (Table of Contents) page?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

I'll take a look at that, but as far as I can tell you need to register to create an entry.

I've added this under "Forum Actions". You can select this from the forum main page (where the different forums are displayed).

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks again Kevin for getting all of the upgrades completed and ironing out all of the bugs - we appreciate your time and efforts!
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Left Side, Right Under the Home Button on my page has "New Posts" that will get you to where you want to go or are you talking about the Forum TOC (Table of Contents) page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperz-Creeperz View Post
    I've added this under "Forum Actions". You can select this from the forum main page (where the different forums are displayed).
    Thanks Kevin!
    That's the one.

Bob, take a look under "Forum Actions" and you'll see a new "Today's Posts" button. That's the one I was looking for. It will go back 24 hours instead of just since your last log in.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Thanks Kevin!
    Unfortunately for the rest of you, I am finally back.
    Now which of you Admin's want to own up to blocking my IP address??
    HA!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Blog Entries

If I only knew how!

Pat Brower