Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Migration 2010

Default Migration 2010

Ok, I'm looking for ideas for next years Migration. What sort of places do people recommend. I am even considering taking a group out of state.

Doug, I read in the Boondocker about some place in Ohio. Would it be worth while to take a group there, and then to a place like the Badlands?

If anybody has any ideas of fun wheeling locations, or even interesting sights we can plan during travel days please let me know.

Also, now that we have this year out of the way and know what to expect, I want to advertise more and have a bigger group for next year. However, this also means I'm going to need some help. Tim Tull and I worked our butts off, with some help from Pat Brower, but we will likely need some help from others. If you are interested in going on a couple day trip to multiple locations and meeting some great people who become extended family, then please contact me to help out.

Thanks a bunch!

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The location in Ohio would provide a nice side trip if you were on your way to Penn's Cave in route to Rausch Creek. Otherwise, the location in Ohio would do little to provide entertainment for more than a day (at present). The location is still being improved over time.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Penns cave? Rausch creek?
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
    Penns cave? Rausch creek?
    Penn’s Cave: http://www.pennscave.com/

Rausch Creek: http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

The location in Ohio: http://www.jeepskool.com/
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

NPORA is doing a little thing in michigan next summer to, kinda similar to the migration....But ours is more a circuit, starting @ mounds and circling all the parks and such. ie mounds, silverlake, twisted trails, beaver island (?), drummond island, rocks and valleys.

Since the nissan crowd is kinda small, and especially just in the midwest, we may just join in with the migration to make things easier, and get a bigger group

Quote Originally Posted by OldSlowReliable View Post
    NPORA is doing a little thing in michigan next summer to, kinda similar to the migration....But ours is more a circuit, starting @ mounds and circling all the parks and such. ie mounds, silverlake, twisted trails, beaver island (?), drummond island, rocks and valleys.

Since the nissan crowd is kinda small, and especially just in the midwest, we may just join in with the migration to make things easier, and get a bigger group
    That's not a problem at all. The Migration we just had consisted of Silver Lake, Twisted Trails, then Drummond Island, so it is exactly what you guys want to do. For next year, I'm just trying to find other locations, so we don't hit the same places every year.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

mounds, rocks and valleys, turtle ridge. 3 you didnt hit this year. also look into the badlands, rausch creek, two out state places.

We were going to hit Turtle Ridge, but the group decided to hit state trails instead.

Rocks and Valleys is on the list. Mounds was discussed for this year, but it's the Mounds. lol

I'm looking into Badlands and Rausch Creek though.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Something to consider is that the mounds should have the next phase of rocks in by next year. I realize that I didn't participate this year but I kinda like the idea of covering the in-state stuff first. However, argueing with myself, maybe one year in-state, then a year out of sate and back in-state. Altering may be nice......
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Something to consider is that the mounds should have the next phase of rocks in by next year. I realize that I didn't participate this year but I kinda like the idea of covering the in-state stuff first. However, argueing with myself, maybe one year in-state, then a year out of sate and back in-state. Altering may be nice......
    I just don't want it to get stale by going to the same places
    Oz
    KD8NFX