Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: St. Helen Trails

  1. #11

    Default

    I'm in too! That storm that came through last Friday made a lot of areas north of West Branch interesting. Wheeled more last weekend than i have in a LONG time.

    And JR, I don't make fun of your jeep, just you! I like the JK. My CJ is too tall for some of those off camber tree-lined trails but it is a riot nonetheles. I'm in!
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

    '86 cj7

  2. #12

    Default

    Thanks for all the input. In the process of putting new head/valve gaskets and a new exhaust on now. Heading up weekend of the 26th if everything goes well.

  3. #13

    Default

    My front axle is not exactly in a position to wheel right now so when it's fixed we'll go play. Hopefully, it'll be put back together in a couple weeks. I need to save the money.

    It's nothing big. The pinion bearing is sloppy and was causing a vibration with the driveshaft. The driveshaft is currently removed and I'm driving it. I figure seeing as the whole front axle needs to come apart anyway, it's a great time to regear. Which turns a bad $15 part that would be a $175 repair, into a $650 repair. I'm can't explain this jeep math, but it makes sense in my head.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

  4. #14
    GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    J - just
    E - empty
    E - every
    P - pocket

    You know how the math works!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

    2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDS4X4 View Post
    J - just
    E - empty
    E - every
    P - pocket

    You know how the math works!
    Funny thing is, I even have my better half understanding it!
    Oz
    KD8NFX

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
    My front axle is not exactly in a position to wheel right now so when it's fixed we'll go play. Hopefully, it'll be put back together in a couple weeks. I need to save the money.

    It's nothing big. The pinion bearing is sloppy and was causing a vibration with the driveshaft. The driveshaft is currently removed and I'm driving it. I figure seeing as the whole front axle needs to come apart anyway, it's a great time to regear. Which turns a bad $15 part that would be a $175 repair, into a $650 repair. I'm can't explain this jeep math, but it makes sense in my head.
    Are you only regearing the front?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Are you only regearing the front?
    Yes, that way the front will be going faster and stay out of my way...











    I will be doing both, hence the $650 price. That's dropping off the bare axles at the installer though.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
    The pinion bearing is sloppy and was causing a vibration with the driveshaft.
    You need a bunch of '80's era lights mounted like on my old cj. You see they are less for illumination and more for counterbalancing those driveline vibrations. Of course the strategically placed hockey pucks help, too

    Let me know when you're up and running and we'll hit those St. Helen trails again.
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

    '86 cj7

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post
    You need a bunch of '80's era lights mounted like on my old cj. You see they are less for illumination and more for counterbalancing those driveline vibrations. Of course the strategically placed hockey pucks help, too

    Let me know when you're up and running and we'll hit those St. Helen trails again.
    Ok, that made me laugh!


    I'll let you know. It'll be sometime after car show before I'm up there to play again.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Similar Threads

  1. St. Helen Gas Connector
    By Kixx007 in forum Trail Cleanup
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM
  2. St. Helen forest cleanup
    By brewmenn in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM
  3. St. Helen Motorsport Area
    By Rubiclone in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
  4. Cabin near St. Helen
    By kerryann in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle