Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 17th Annual 'Danimal Daze' Dune Run.

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

Talking 17th Annual 'Danimal Daze' Dune Run.

17th Annual 'Danimal Daze' Dune Run.

Where: Silver Lake Sand Dunes
    When: July 11th-17th, 2009

For many years now there has been a pilgrimage of the Danimalites to Silver Lake Sand Dunes for an annual beating of the Jeeps and buggies.

This is a family oriented run and we usually have around 30 people come and go throughout the week. We'll be spread out over several campgrounds, so we meet on the dunes and play on and off all week. Everyone is welcome to come run the dunes with us or just stop by and say hi if you see us up there. If you are new to 4x4's or the dunes, mid week is a great time to learn & pick up pointers from us long time dune rats. We'll be on CB & FRS radios, usually channels 4 or 8.

Hope to see you there

Bummer.... Won't be able to meet up with you guys again this year because we will be at Silver Lake from July 23 till August 1st.

Sounds like fun. I will have to see if I can make it !! I havent been to the Dunes in along time, sence I used to ride dirt bikes, but we would always make time to 4 wheel with the trucks too. What a blast
    Living on the edge is dangerous , but at least your living !!

Quote Originally Posted by GL08JK View Post
    Bummer.... Won't be able to meet up with you guys again this year because we will be at Silver Lake from July 23 till August 1st.
    Have a good trip, maybe next time

Different dates this year Mike. We'll catch you another time. Stay out of the water. I'd hate to have somebody else have to pull you out again.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Different dates this year Mike. We'll catch you another time. Stay out of the water. I'd hate to have somebody else have to pull you out again.
    Different dates huh.......I know the real story....still afraid of the big bad V6 showing you up eh?

Pull me out???? We all know better, only a submarine runs better under water........

How early you guys gonna be up there this Sunday (11th)??

Might be up for a day trip!

edit: never mind... just looked at the map. I thought for some reason it was up by Traverse. There's a lot of NOTHING between me and there. Still might make my way up mid-week for an overnight, though.
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

'86 cj7

Quote Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post

edit: never mind... just looked at the map. I thought for some reason it was up by Traverse. There's a lot of NOTHING between me and there. Still might make my way up mid-week for an overnight, though.
    Hard to tell for sure how early Sunday we'll be there. Caravaning with the Danimal clan is an experience in and of itself Roadside vehicles have been purchased during trips if that gives a clue

For the most part the group will all be at Jellystone. I think we got the 6 front corner spots by the store / registration building again. If not, we're pretty easy to find Mid week is a good time to get up there, it's when we get out and play the most. After 25+ years of going there, the thrill of the weekend crowd has worn off

Quote Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post

It would be great if you guys can make mid week if you want to pitch a tent for a night you can stay as a guest on one of our camp sites

[QUOTE=Renegade II;59632]Hard to tell for sure how early Sunday we'll be there. Caravaning with the Danimal clan is an experience in and of itself Roadside vehicles have been purchased during trips if that gives a clue

'63 CJ5 with a half cab; cute as a button, we couldn't just let any 'ol shlub buy that