Below are some general rules which should be followed in order to use our forum. If these rules are not followed, you may get banned from the forum, as access to GLFWDA forums is a privilege and not a right (banned users attempting to sign up again will get their account deleted). Most of the following rules are a mixture of common sense and courtesy and should not be that hard to follow even without reading them.
- Please make your posts meaningful. Do not post just for the sake of posting. Do not post to bump a topic from 3 weeks ago unless there is relevant new information.
- Please do not post SPAM or posts unrelated to the topic. Do not post SPAM or anything unrelated to this forum, including religious or political topics that are unrelated to the goals of the GLFWDA. Repeatedly posting promotional material or advertising (see below) will be considered SPAM as well. All spam/unrelated posts will be deleted. Continued posting of this material will result in a banned account.
- Please be polite when posting your messages (no flaming!). Please also note that there may be newbies here, so please be extra understanding and tolerant of them (we were all new once). It is also common courtesy to reply when your question has been answered to say whether it worked or not, or just to say thanks.
- Please do not post porn or links to porn. This is considered spam - see rule 2 above.
- Please do not post, attach, or link to any copyrighted material. Discussion of illegal activities and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- When attaching images to signatures, keep the width under 468 and the height under 80. Please do not use any offending images.
- When typing your messages, please do not type in all capital letters. READING POSTS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IS ANNOYING, and seems to mean you are shouting!
- Please try to post messages in the right forum - posting in the wrong forum will mean your posts will get deleted/ignored, unless an admin/mod finds your post and moves it to the right forum.
- Do not post the same message in multiple forums - otherwise known as cross-posting. If you are unsure about which forum your post belongs in, just post it in one forum that you think matches the topic the best - if it is wrong, it will be moved to the right forum by a moderator (see rule above).
- Please do not post promotional materials, such as posts advertising your product or website, without first seeking permission from the site administrator. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members. Explicit advertising and
soliciting in signatures of non-supporting business members is also prohibited. Associate Members should use the "Vendors" forum for posts of a commercial nature.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- Do not bump posts (that is, posting pointless replies to posts to keep it at the top of the forum index) unless you are posting relevant new information (see rule #1).
- The board administrators/moderators reserve the right to edit or even delete your posts. Opinions will not be edited/deleted, only things which breaks the rules listed on this page.
- Banned users trying to sign up again will get their account deleted. Each member is allowed one (1) login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- If you find a post that is against the forum rules listed on this page, you should use the "report a post" feature to notify the forum's moderator and/or the forum admin, as opposed to posting something about it yourself.
- Please try to keep your posts on topic. In other words, make sure new posts are posted in the right forum, and replies are about the same topic as the main topic of the thread. Please don't post just to increase your post count, as a high post count doesn't always relate to expertise. This rule is mainly in place to prevent people coming in to an existing thread and taking it off in another direction (by asking a totally new question or hijacking the thread for their own purpose).
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- This is an English-speaking forum, please make your posts in English.
Although the administrators and moderators of GLFWDA will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of
GLFWDA nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise
violate any laws.
The owners/operators of GLFWDA reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Warning. Your postings on this public forum will become public. Your text will be available to anyone with an internet connection.