PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting

ovr-ez
January 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone is going campout the weekend of the june guarterly or stay in the hotel? We are thinking about camping. I saw a campgroung down the road from the hotel but can't remember the name. Anyone know the name and or phone number for it?
Thanks

Roadhouse
January 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Joe, I'll check around for the name. I believe the one right there on Business Loop 75 is West Branch RV Campground. There is another newer one on Old 76 near Rau Rd. I don't know the name but I hear it is pretty nice. I'll search around for some name and phone numbers. I'm interested in camping also, weather is nice that time of year, and camping is cheaper than a motel.

kb8yxz
January 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM
If rustic is your style There are some great spots down on Dunham Lake Rd. It's little camping area right on Dunham Lake. About 10 miles from the motel. There are also some spots across the road that is much flatter and larger. Plenty of flat ground. Could fit many full size Motorhomes. Spot we used for many camp outs in the past including a winter campout.
No traffic noise what so ever!..... That's what I call camping.
jim - kb8ymf

Roadhouse
January 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Jim whats up with the new user name? Is that Kims call #

The Dunham Lake spot has recieved a lot of traffic in that last two years. You can pull in there some weekends and you will not find a spot at all. Plus the people keep trashing it when they leave. I know Pat and Kim did a cleanup there last summer, when they stayed there for maint.. I have some friend from the old Bay Area Club that try to camp there, if they do, they spend Sunday cleaning up after everyone else.

That spot we used for the winter campout gets a alot of traffic also, with horseback riders, and some weekends quads as the ORV trail goes through there. But it has more room, and is slightly less busy than the Dunham Lake spot.

Joe, I can't find either one of the two campgrounds I was thinking of in a search. I have a email into Marv Farley who lives in West Branch....I'm sure he can get me the name and numbers out of the phone book.

WhiteRhino
January 14th, 2006, 08:32 AM
We would be up for camping. I think there may be a private campground around St Helen.

DICE
January 14th, 2006, 08:46 AM
why is this in shop talk

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

ovr-ez
January 14th, 2006, 10:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DICE &#064; Jan 14 2006, 08&#58;46 AM) 8095</div>

why is this in shop talk

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:
[/b]
AHHHHHHHH, Good question Bobby. :huh:
Maybe Tim can move it when he gets some time.

GerkTJ
January 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I think the campground right up the road was called Westbranch RV park.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ovr&#045;ez &#064; Jan 13 2006, 07&#58;50 PM) 8058</div>

I was wondering if anyone is going campout the weekend of the june guarterly or stay in the hotel? We are thinking about camping. I saw a campgroung down the road from the hotel but can&#39;t remember the name. Anyone know the name and or phone number for it?
Thanks
[/b]
Silver Lake State Campground is just outside of "downtown" and Yogi Bear&#39;s Jellystone campground is about 1 block from the hotel (East of "downtown") Silver Lake Jellystone (http://www.silverlakejellystone.com) (it&#39;s the closest camping to the hotel).

Roadhouse
January 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Jan 14 2006, 02&#58;41 PM) 8112</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ovr&#045;ez &#064; Jan 13 2006, 07&#58;50 PM) 8058

I was wondering if anyone is going campout the weekend of the june guarterly or stay in the hotel? We are thinking about camping. I saw a campgroung down the road from the hotel but can&#39;t remember the name. Anyone know the name and or phone number for it?
Thanks
[/b]
Silver Lake State Campground is just outside of "downtown" and Yogi Bear&#39;s Jellystone campground is about 1 block from the hotel (East of "downtown") Silver Lake Jellystone (http://www.silverlakejellystone.com) (it&#39;s the closest camping to the hotel).
[/b][/quote]

Kevin, Joe is refering to the June qaurterly in West Branch.......sound like you are talking about the April one in Silver Lake. :P

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse66 &#064; Jan 14 2006, 02&#58;45 PM) 8113</div>
Kevin, Joe is refering to the June qaurterly in West Branch.......sound like you are talking about the April one in Silver Lake. :P
[/b]
DOH&#33; :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I keep getting those two confused&#33;

GerkTJ
January 14th, 2006, 07:05 PM
check out this place: Loranger Pines RV Park Looks like it is right of business loop. I found it on RVPARK.com

ovr-ez
January 14th, 2006, 07:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GerkTJ &#064; Jan 14 2006, 07&#58;05 PM) 8124</div>

check out this place: Loranger Pines RV Park Looks like it is right of business loop. I found it on RVPARK.com
[/b]
I sent them a email about rates. I was not able to find a number for Westbranch RV park yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Jan 14 2006, 02&#58;56 PM) 8115</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse66 &#064; Jan 14 2006, 02&#58;45 PM) 8113
[/b]
DOH&#33; :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I keep getting those two confused&#33;
[/b][/quote]
Sorry about that Kevin. We are not going to be able to go to the quarterly at Silver Lake. I am already looking at the June quarterly at West Branch.

kb8ymf
January 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse66 &#064; Jan 13 2006, 11&#58;19 PM) 8082</div>

Jim whats up with the new user name? Is that Kims call #

The Dunham Lake spot has recieved a lot of traffic in that last two years. You can pull in there some weekends and you will not find a spot at all. Plus the people keep trashing it when they leave. I know Pat and Kim did a cleanup there last summer, when they stayed there for maint.. I have some friend from the old Bay Area Club that try to camp there, if they do, they spend Sunday cleaning up after everyone else.

That spot we used for the winter campout gets a alot of traffic also, with horseback riders, and some weekends quads as the ORV trail goes through there. But it has more room, and is slightly less busy than the Dunham Lake spot.

Joe, I can&#39;t find either one of the two campgrounds I was thinking of in a search. I have a email into Marv Farley who lives in West Branch....I&#39;m sure he can get me the name and numbers out of the phone book.
[/b]

Yeah , Kim&#39;s call sign. I needed a plain, no frills member so I could check out the permissions for members, GL Members and other levels of permission.

On the campspot, Yeah I know it gets some heavy use but I was actually proposing the camping area across the street right ON Dunham Lake, Have you ever been there?
j=kb8ymf

Roadhouse
January 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
The one on Dunham lake is what I&#39;m talking about...thats the one Pat/Kim and old members of Bay Area 4x4 have cleaned up.....it gets trashed, and is almost full every weekend.

kb8ymf
January 14th, 2006, 09:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse66 &#064; Jan 14 2006, 09&#58;03 PM) 8131</div>

The one on Dunham lake is what I&#39;m talking about...thats the one Pat/Kim and old members of Bay Area 4x4 have cleaned up.....it gets trashed, and is almost full every weekend.
[/b]
That&#39;s amazing......no one even knew about that campground untill they logged the dam thing out and you could see the lake from the main road&#33; It&#39;s to bad.
I think the name of the campground up the road from the Motel is the West Branch RV Park

j-kb8ymf

Roadhouse
January 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I first started camping at that Dunham lake spot back in &#39;98, but it was only busy on Memorial, July 4th, Labor Day, and hunting season....not its constantly busy.

ovr-ez
January 14th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I recieved this back from the Loranger Pines RV Park & Campground. I asked for them to send a brochure and how many we would need to have the rate adjust, and to what.

Hello Joe,
Thankyou for your inquiry .......

The rate for 2006 will be &#036;23.00 a nite. That is for full hook-up including sewer at the site.
However, if you have a large group of campers I can adjust that rate.
Please let me know when and how many, and I will be glad to send you some more information. If you would like a brochure, please send me your address and I&#39;ll be happy to put one in the mail to you.

Loranger Pines RV Park Phone Number 989-343-0261 Map Of Area Updated 1/26/2005

Creative Fab
January 15th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I would stay at the campground Joe, as my rig only has an outside shower and Kim will want to use real facilities if they are available. No pooping in the woods if other sources are around :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Roadhouse
January 15th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Joe, count me in for the campground also. I have kids, so no rustic camping for me.

Zookeeper
January 15th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Put me down for a campsite, too. I don&#39;t need an RV hook-up, just bringing my tent or tent-trailer.

WhiteRhino
January 16th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Put us in for a camp site. Prefer a hookup since i need my coffee in the morning.

Creative Fab
January 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
In my best Cartman voice: Here at Great Lakes we like to think ahead, so you go to heck and you die :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Roadhouse
January 16th, 2006, 09:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 16 2006, 07&#58;58 PM) 8243</div>

In my best Cartman voice: Here at Great Lakes we like to think ahead, so you go to heck and you die :bigemo_harabe_net-163:
[/b]

Cartman voice....is that a joke aimed at me :P

Brian81CJ
January 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I&#39;m in&#33;&#33; :bigemo_harabe_net-64:

Creative Fab
January 17th, 2006, 05:26 PM
No it was for MP, he was questioning our planning for June already when he doesnt even know what he is having for lunch. :bigemo_harabe_net-163: