PDA

View Full Version : Winter Project Started...

MuddyPaws
January 10th, 2006, 02:00 AM
With the West Branch ride over, I pulled it in the shop and we started chopping...getting ready for Silver Lake!

Not much to see yet, but I am going to post up a good write-up on everything we do.

Plans include replacing the rear bench with a single bucket that matches the front seats. It'll give the kids a safer place to sit, and give us more storage room in the Jeep.

Finish the roll cage...basicly add a rear part to protect the back seat person and weld together the front bolt-in stuff.

Front tube fenders...sorta like poison spider but really didn't like their design totally so we are combining a few different designs along with adding our own flavor. Good write-up for this will follow some time this winter as we get it going. Gonna start the fender cutting tomarrow. Prolly do something in the rear too. I have to get rid of those crappy Bushwacker Flares. Worst product I have ever owned...enough of that.

We are going to re-do the suspension but we don't know what to do yet. The students really want to convert to coilovers but I just don't have the cash for that and there is very little in the "Jeep budget" from car washes and stuff. We are starting a powder coating business for small parts and that will help with the funds, but prolly not enough for something like the Black Diamond kit.

Yea yea, I know, build it....I don't know that I know enough about that stuff to build a suspension that would be safe on the road and off. Students drive this thing...at events, in parades, etc.

A few other mods we will add to this...more pics will be posted, I know this doesn't show much but they ripped everything off the jeep this morning.

http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/great-lakes/tech/winter-05-06/1.jpg

http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/great-lakes/tech/winter-05-06/2.jpg

Brian
January 10th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a good plan Keep us posted. Makes me want to go back to school :D

MuddyPaws
January 10th, 2006, 09:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian &#064; Jan 10 2006, 06&#58;17 AM) 7831</div>

Sounds like a good plan Keep us posted. Makes me want to go back to school :D
[/b]

Naw, the girls don&#39;t like old dudes.... :P

Creative Fab
January 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Man I need a bunch of little worker bee&#39;s in my shop, Tim you suck :bigemo_harabe_net-119:

All of the sudden I have 2 Jeeps a couple of bumpers and someones quad in my shop and my junk is sitting outside full of crap from this past weekend. Having to buy groceries blows&#33;

lgottler
January 10th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Great minds think alike&#33;&#33; :D

I&#39;m planning also to put a bucket in the back to add one passenger and still keep room for the tools...

Keep taking pics along the way and keep postin progress&#33;

Lucas

Roadhouse
January 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 10 2006, 01&#58;26 PM) 7859</div>

Man I need a bunch of little worker bee&#39;s in my shop
[/b]

Want me to drop my kids off at your house for a day :P

Creative Fab
January 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM
NO

I dont trust your kids, they seem to be multiplying :bigemo_harabe_net-172:

Roadhouse
January 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 10 2006, 03&#58;14 PM) 7870</div>

NO

I dont trust your kids, they seem to be multiplying :bigemo_harabe_net-172:
[/b]

Maybe it was something the doctor told me......what was it........don&#39;t get them wet, and dont feed them after midnight....

DICE
January 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Tim look&#39;s like you have alot of work going on I have to say the same thing about the bushwacker&#39;s and Pat I would tell Mike no to. Kids are so little you can lose one and Mike would leave one with you

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

B) BOBBY

MuddyPaws
January 11th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, forgot....gonna convert to rear disk brakes too...I&#39;m sick of buying rear brakes once, maybe twice a year because of mud. Yea, I know, clean em out..too much work. :P

Roadhouse
January 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Jan 10 2006, 11&#58;08 PM) 7893</div>

Oh, forgot....gonna convert to rear disk brakes too...I&#39;m sick of buying rear brakes once, maybe twice a year because of mud. Yea, I know, clean em out..too much work. :P
[/b]

After I post this go ahead and let the jokes fly.......................... :rolleyes: ....but
When I first started wheelin my Jeep we went about every other weekend, and it was mostly mud. I went through two sets of rear brakes and a set of fronts each year. If I had to change the pads, I had to change rotors also. It didn&#39;t cost much, but was a pain as the Jeep was my wifes DD and I had to get it done on a Sunday after wheelin all day Sat so she had a ride to work.