PDA

View Full Version : Canada Run in May

Timberwolf
January 8th, 2006, 09:21 PM
OK, Dice posted this under "Off-Topic/ Unsanctioned Events" and didn't get much responce.

I don't think you would see it if you were not signed in here.

Dice and I got to thinking that since The Spring Opener isn't going to happen this year, that with the help of some of our freinds, we could offer a little something else.

May 5th & 6th, come to Canada and wheel with us.
No frills, no awards, no prizes, no food, no bugs, and best of all NO FEE'S!!!
Just come up and run. We'll provide the "PROFESIONAL" trail leaders.
First weekend of May 2005 still had snow on the ground in shaded areas! 18" in some places.

Great Lakes membership not neccessary.

Minimum of 31" muds. 33" muds would be better. Lockers and winches recomended.

Location... BlueBerryHill campground/motel, 15 miles north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. on Hwy. 17.

WhiteRhino
January 9th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I am a maybe. Won't know for a while.

lgottler
January 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Jan 9 2006, 05&#58;58 AM) 7746</div>

I am a maybe. Won&#39;t know for a while.
[/b]

I&#39;m planning on it. Won&#39;t know if I&#39;ll try to open the trail we found last year or if I&#39;ll just have fun.

Lucas

DICE
January 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM
lucas just have fun

B) BOBBY

timbercruiser
January 9th, 2006, 08:31 PM
It&#39;s January 9th and I already have a schedule conflict in May :BangHead:

Too bad for the Follies, someone else will have to be Elvis&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m going wheelin&#39;

Jarhead
January 10th, 2006, 10:51 AM
After watching MuddyPaws Video I am adding this to my "To Do List". I can&#39;t May 5th or 6th, but this is definitely on my "To Do List". :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

Timberwolf
January 10th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Timbercruiser, you&#39;ve made the right decision&#33;

Everyone spread the word. Invite a friend&#33;

You do have friends don&#39;t you?

yogi
January 12th, 2006, 06:08 AM
putting it on the calander ill see if i can swing it

yogi

DICE
January 14th, 2006, 08:39 AM
It will be good to see you Yogi

joe_jeep
January 28th, 2006, 02:47 AM
that sounds great. i wanna try to go. what sthe trials like up there? mostly mud ? rock? sand? hills? any type od canadian orv type sticker needed? or trail permit?? have to tow the tj that far, hate driving 500 miles and wheelin all weekend and having to drive home, hoping i dont break it. sounds fun canada here we come

WhiteRhino
January 28th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Mostly rocks and mud. Some hills that will probably be slippery.
No sand.

There is no requirement in Canada for any type of ORV sticker.

Breaking is always a risk. Good plan looking for a trailer. :bigemo_harabe_net-64:

ganz
January 30th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I agree with Jarhead. After the video it looks fun.
What do you need to get in and out of the US of Canada? Passport , Birth cer. or what?

Thanks Ganz.........

WhiteRhino
January 30th, 2006, 09:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ganz &#064; Jan 30 2006, 07&#58;10 AM) 9226</div>

What do you need to get in and out of the US of Canada? Passport , Birth cer. or what?

Thanks Ganz.........
[/b]

You need a photo ID and proof of citizenship. A drivers license IS NOT PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP. I had a buddy get stopped for over an hour because he only had his drivers license.

Just bring a copy of your birth certificate along with drivers license. Usually they do not ask.

Or a passport will work also.

DICE
January 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Jan 30 2006, 03&#58;45 PM) 9277</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ganz &#064; Jan 30 2006, 07&#58;10 AM) 9226

Thanks Ganz.........
[/b]

You need to send &#036;500 (cash) to:

Safe Crossing
1311 Bingham Ave.
Sault Sainte Marie, mi

Then you&#39;ll be fine....

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Just kidding...well...not really...if you want to send the money you really can. :P
[/b][/quote]
:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

ganz
January 31st, 2006, 06:52 AM
Good one&#33; Ill put it in my trip fund&#33; NOT&#33;

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Ganz...

iv-guy
February 19th, 2006, 12:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DICE &#064; Jan 14 2006, 05&#58;39 AM) 8093</div>

It will be good to see you Yogi
[/b]
I might be in if I can get off work

DICE
February 19th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I V. that would be great to see you.

o k who else is coming . come on you can have some fun and meet new people
we will be going out on a few run&#39;s so cowboy up come with us

BOBBY :bigemo_harabe_net-167:

WhiteRhino
February 19th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I am up to 75%

DICE
February 19th, 2006, 08:18 PM
:thumb-up: ok Jim

Creative Fab
February 20th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I am still on the fence, I am saving money for our summer trip to TN. But if you guys would start ordering more parts from Ironman Offroad I could make more money and go wheeling to Canada in May&#33;

I take credit cards :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

gator
March 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
:hello: :hello: 90% me and the mrs.

Timberwolf
March 7th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Houston, we have a problem&#33;&#33;&#33;

Talked to the owner at Blueberry Hill Campground in Canada yesterday. She told me that there will be another 4x4 group at the camp ground the same weekend we plan to be there. Then I was forwarded a copy of the Swamp Stompers flyer, announcing their invitational event in Canada May5-7th. Their&#39;s is a paid event, appearently by invite only.

We (Bobby and I) can foresee, if they have a large group, and we have a large group, it will be a confusing cluster ----. As in keeping our people seperated enough to know who they are supposed to follow, or look to for direction. Also, they will be using some of the same trails that we do. Not to big of deal if we&#39;re all going the same way, but some trails are "in and out" style. With few places to pass, should we meet going opposite directions. We would imagine that they plan to use the same trials each day with different groups, just as we would.

How many of you already have reservations at Blueberry? They did tell me that there are only 3 rooms left in the Motel. Didn&#39;t think to ask about campsites.

With all the new developements on the calendar, such as the Bobcajon run, the United convention/ trail rides, and the quarterly at the dunes. How many of you were still planning to do this run? Not sure how many knowledgable trail leaders We can count on.

Understand, We&#39;re not worried about any confrontation, just mass confusion at camp, and traffic jams on the trails. I still consider many of the Swamp Stompers as freinds, and even if they were total strangers, We would want to give them the respect of not putting a damper on their new event. Nor would We want to give our guest a lousy Weekend of confusion and traffic jams. We wouldn&#39;t like it if they came with a large group and jammed up our weekend event in the fall.

So, We are asking for your opinions. Do we look for a new date, cancel our plans, or what? Keep a few things in mind. Many of our would be leaders already plan to attend some or all of the afore mentioned other runs. If we went with an earlier date, the snow will be that much deeper, even colder for those wishing to camp, and less time to prep. our rigs as well as our schedules. If we went with a later date, the black flies are horrendous&#33; right after this date for a solid month or more. Then the horse flies and deer flies start to come out. The next trip north on the schedule is Labor Day Weekend.

If anyone would be looking for something else to do on that weekend, The Cadilac Jeepers is holding their annual Jeep Blessing then. This is open to all makes of vehicles. This year the trail rides will be hosted by Sandy&#39;s, and there will be a 4x4 swap meet hosted by the RPM 4x4 club.

Looking forward to input,
Bobby & Vic

WhiteRhino
March 7th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Funny how timing works out. I had a discussion with the wife last night and decided to commit to doing the run with you guys. On a personal level, I have no other dates available other than April 22/23. So, if you decided to change the date, that is the only date that works for me. But, it should not focus on me.....

As far as a conflict with the other group, maybe a heads up phone call to them is in order. How many people do they expect, would they see a conflict, where do they plan to run and so on????

I agree that we do not want the confusion nor do I want to create any bad blood/ crowd in on them/ rain on their parade or cause any reason to get tempers flaired. Most of us already know each other at some level and should be able to have good camraderie.

On the other hand, this has been a published run on THIS FORUM for some time. If people have already made plans, I would like to see it stay at is. I feel there is plenty of areas to run that would not interfere. Most of it depends on how many people are coming for each group.

How wierd, I was going to make my campground reservation today. :WhiteRhino:

lgottler
March 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I was going, then decided not to, then got a PM from Brian asking to tag along, so I decided to go...

What about meeting at a different campground? Different place all together? North further?

I have no reservations, but wouldn&#39;t mind a room or something instead of camping....but will do it.

I hope to open that one trail I found last fall, then have fun, so I don&#39;t know how many people will be going where I am&#33;

Lucas

Timberwolf
March 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
OK, appearently the Swamp Stompers are not expecting a very large group, mostly their own club members and a few invited guest.
If we also don&#39;t have a large expected turnout, cofusion should be at a minimum.

We feel we can keep our planned date and location, so get your reservations made, ASAP&#33; Then let us know here, for sure that you are coming. Please.

If we are pretty small in numbers, we could do more exploratory stuff. If we get a few people who just want to ride known trails, we will be sure to accomodate them. That was the original plan after all. We don&#39;t mind if some of the regulars still choose to go scouting. More scouting is always a good thing. Either way, we will be wheeling, so all is well&#33;

If you know someone who was thinking of coming, encourage them to touch base here. Or if they are not on the web, try to get a definate answer, then report for them, please. We&#39;d like to get a better ideaof our numbers.

Thanks,
Bobby and Vic

Creative Fab
March 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I will be there in one form or another&#33; Is the blue house available?

Timberwolf
March 8th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Yes Pat, I have the house reserved.

Vic

mtnbiker5
March 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I would like to go up... but would most likely not be wheelin my rig.. I would Ride shotgun and help??? I will contact Lucas directly and more or less tag along with him, help him explore if thats what hes doing

Timberwolf
March 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtnbiker5 &#064; Mar 9 2006, 07&#58;39 AM) 11762</div>

I would like to go up... but would most likely not be wheelin my rig.. I would Ride shotgun and help??? I will contact Lucas directly and more or less tag along with him, help him explore if thats what hes doing
[/b]

Fine with us, if it&#39;s fine with Lucas.

Welcome aboard,
Bobby and Vic

When does everyone plan to arrive at Bluberry?

Pat said he will arrive late Thursday night.

We plan to arrive Thursday evening.

Booby and Vic

WhiteRhino
March 9th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I would be arriving late Thursday.

So how many vehicles/ people do we have?
Vic & Fred
Bobby &?
Jim & ?
Pat & ?
Lucas & Brian
Gator & Mrs.
Dave & T Way

That makes 14 in a house that sleeps 8

Who wants a hotel room or camp?

Timberwolf
March 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Not sure if T-Way is coming or not. I only know he mentioned riding with someone at our last club meeting.

Haven&#39;t gotten a 100% from Gator.

I have
Fred and I
Bobby and ?
Pat and ?
Jim K. and ? All in the house.

Lucas and Brian
Dave and ?
"Ridgerunner"Karl

Maybe Vince and ?

lgottler
March 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
There&#39;s a house&#33;&#33;???

I&#39;ll try to reserve a hotel room.

I had some issues with not having a tow vehicle, but it looks like I can take it now, they had a cancellation. I really need to buy my own truck&#33;

My brother-in-law wanted to go, he&#39;s still not sure if he&#39;s getting time off or not from work. I&#39;m going to put a 3rd seat in my Jeep before the trip (hopefully), so that might not be an issue for Brian&#33;

So, May 4-7th are the dates? I&#39;m planning on heading up early on Thursday and coming back Sunday.

Lucas

Ridgerunner
March 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I am in for sure&#33; I&#39;ll probobly bring a buddy or come solo. more than likely arrive thurs. eve. I&#39;m gonna try and book a room but I&#39;ll camp if nothing else is available.Lookin forward to it&#33;

Creative Fab
March 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Good deal Karl&#33; Glad you can make it&#33;

Dont forget the video camera.

Timberwolf
March 12th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Excelent &#33;&#33;&#33;

Glad to hear you guys are going to make it.

Yes, there is a house. Last fall, as we checked out after Gitchee Gummee, they told us the house on the right side of the drive, that the old owners used to live in, is now rentable. It has four bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, small living room with a sleeper sofa, and bathroom. The camping bathrooms and showers are open to house renters. Also has a fire pit out back.

We rented it for our "guys weekend" last November. Worked out prettty good. It gives us a central local to hang out and a kitchen to do community food. Speaking of which, We have some plans for meals.

Looks like everyone is headed up there on Thursday, after work mostly. Arriving through the evening to be ready to wheel bright and early Friday morning.

WhiteRhino
March 12th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I may as well bring the usual Taco Salad.

Creative Fab
March 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I will bring a tasty little snack that includes little smokey&#39;s wrapped in bacon then covered in brown sugar and tossed in the oven for 1/2 hour. [i]TASTY[i]

timbercruiser
March 13th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Bring your tums.

CHILI&#33;&#33;&#33;

Timberwolf
March 14th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Hold your fire boys&#33;&#33;

We have a little different plan this time.

The last couple times we did community food, it got a little crazy.
Wide variety of food that was hard to get all ready to eat at once. With a relatively small kitchen, this lead to, being full of the first stuff by the time the last stuff was ready to eat, some guys not getting to sample everything, and way to much food left over. Sound familiar?

When we come in off the trail, it&#39;s been a long day, and we are all HUNGRY NOW&#33;

OK, time to formulate a new plan.
1. keep it simple&#33;
2. keep it easy to prepare.
3. keep it fast.
4. keep cleanup to a minimum.

We&#39;re thinking Dave&#39;s famous chili, dogs, garlic bread, and maybe corn-on-the-cob if we can get it that time of year.
We&#39;ll bring a couple propane turkey cookers. That&#39;ll fire things up in a hurry&#33; Maybe bring a BBQ grill for the dogs?

This not to say we didn&#39;t like your ideas. Just trying to follow the "new plan".
This plan is to feed all who come, not just those staying in the house.
This dinner is for Saturday night. Friday we&#39;ll probably go to THE ZONE for pizza or burgers.

Comments?

Bobby and Vic

WhiteRhino
March 14th, 2006, 01:01 PM
OK by me. I am game for anything. Vic, why don&#39;t you post a list of items to bring & each of us can sign up for it. I am also willing to just chip in if you want to do a community buy.

As long as we get to wheel & eat I am happy&#33; :thumb-up:

Ridgerunner
March 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Yea, I would like to add to the food pile as well, I think a big old greacy breakfast would be great if there&#39;s time. gotta hit the trail on a full belly&#33;

Timberwolf
March 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
OK, We&#39;ll let you in on the rest of the plan.

Breakfast is part of the deal too&#33;&#33;

Friday morning We&#39;ll be serving Pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, coffee, juice, and milk.

Saturday we&#39;ll be serving eggs/ omelettes, ham, corned beef hash, &#39;taters, bagels, english muffins or toast, coffee, juice and milk.

We figure we can serve everyone and get breakfast over with faster than we could all get served at The Zone.
This way we all get out on the trails nice and early.
If we get up early and cook, you guys will eat as soon as it&#39;s done. Instead of everyone trickling over to the restaurant, waiting to get served, then trickling back. We all get an early start to the day with a full belly.

Lucas will be a happy camper.

We don&#39;t mind if you guys want to sign up to bring something. If you do, you better have it with you when you arrive, or you have to answer to the hungry mob&#33;

Surprise&#33;,
Bobby and Vic

WhiteRhino
March 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
OK, but since you put the kibosh on what we were bringing, tell us what to bring&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

lgottler
March 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Thankyou&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

The Zone doesn&#39;t know what American breakfast is&#33;

I still need to bring peanut butter for Bobby.

Lucas

Creative Fab
March 15th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I have always enjoyed the Zone breakfast, cheap and I go away full. Regardless we will have fun and get stuffed eating our own buffet of american morning fare.

Where is the list of who should bring what?

WhiteRhino
March 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I was waiting for Vic to weigh in on this but he is probably still sleeping. :rolf:

We talked last night and I think he is now leaing towards doing all of the shopping as a group buy and we all just split the cost based upon how many of us are there.

Vic and Bobby are such great guys&#33; :thumb-up:

Timberwolf
March 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, that is correct. I was sleeping&#33;

And yes, that is correct, We will pick up everything, except Dave&#39;s famous chili. That way we don&#39;t have one guy sending &#036;2, and another guy spending &#036;10. We can devide by the number who show up. Should be around &#036;10 ea.We&#39;ll reemburse Dave for making the chili.

This way, if anything is forgotten, We&#39;ll take the blame :doah:
That or, we&#39;ll just tell you we changed the menu :rolf:

Bobby and Vic

WhiteRhino
March 15th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Scarey thought when you say YOU WERE SLEEPING and then sign off as Bobby and Vic. :haha: :bigemo_harabe_net-145: :bigemo_harabe_net-145: :haha:

DICE
March 15th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Jim we will thank you to mind your own business &#33;&#33;&#33;

:Ironman:

WhiteRhino
March 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM
:rolf: :bigemo_harabe_net-145: :bigemo_harabe_net-145: :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

Timberwolf
March 16th, 2006, 12:57 AM
As your hosts, chefs, planners, organizers, and any other title we see fit to bestow upon ourselves, in order to have the power to do such things, we hereby lay claim to the two downstairs bedrooms of the Great Northern Weekend Palace.

Bobby and Vic :Ironman:

mtnbiker5
March 16th, 2006, 05:10 AM
tee hee ...... he said bedrooms.....

WhiteRhino
March 16th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Yeah, what&#39;s with that? You want to lay claim to both of them? I thought you and Fred would spoon in one bunk bed and Bobby & Vince would spoon in the other.... :rolf:

Roadhouse
March 16th, 2006, 08:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Mar 16 2006, 07&#58;24 AM) 12075</div>

Yeah, what&#39;s with that? You want to lay claim to both of them? I thought you and Fred would spoon in one bunk bed and Bobby & Vince would spoon in the other.... :rolf:
[/b]

Okay thats the third time I&#39;ve heard you mentiond two men spooning in the last week.......your starting to scare me :P

Creative Fab
March 16th, 2006, 09:15 AM
If my buddy Adam comes with me 2 of us could spoon with him, he&#39;s 6&#39;8" plenty to go around :rolf:

You guys are sick :o

lgottler
March 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I&#39;m having second thoughts...I&#39;m glad were somewhere else...

timbercruiser
March 20th, 2006, 09:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timberwolf &#064; Mar 15 2006, 07&#58;52 AM) 12045</div>

Yes, that is correct. I was sleeping&#33;

And yes, that is correct, We will pick up everything, except Dave&#39;s famous chili. That way we don&#39;t have one guy sending &#036;2, and another guy spending &#036;10. We can devide by the number who show up. Should be around &#036;10 ea.We&#39;ll reemburse Dave for making the chili.

This way, if anything is forgotten, We&#39;ll take the blame :doah:
That or, we&#39;ll just tell you we changed the menu :rolf:

Bobby and Vic
[/b]

I&#39;ll just bring my chili and call it even.

P.S. I&#39;ll be in a tent with T-Way, so if you need timberspoonin, take a number.

lgottler
March 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
I made some campground reservations last week. Keith is bringing his truckbed camper so we&#39;ll use that.

Lucas

WhiteRhino
March 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
I didn&#39;t know Keith was coming. Is he riding with you or driving the Blazer or Sami?

lgottler
March 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM
He will be taking up the Sami unless a tree falls on it before then. He&#39;s using it to cut down trees at work&#33;

Lucas

lgottler
March 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 26 2006, 04&#58;26 PM) 12442</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Mar 25 2006, 10&#58;55 AM) 12402

He will be taking up the Sami unless a tree falls on it before then. He&#39;s using it to cut down trees at work&#33;

Lucas
[/b]

Now that&#39;s funny....he&#39;ll be on the next insurance commercial...can&#39;t remember the name of the company but they have the vids of people sking off their roof and crap. :haha:
[/b][/quote]

Well, today we used it to flip a Jeep over and do some axle removal chores&#33; I really do hope nothing is destroyed before May&#33;

yogi
March 30th, 2006, 06:37 AM
still trying to make this run working on new project truck if were done in time ill be there :doah:

yogi

WhiteRhino
March 30th, 2006, 07:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yogi &#064; Mar 30 2006, 06&#58;37 AM) 12625</div>

still trying to make this run working on new project truck if were done in time ill be there :doah:

yogi
[/b]

Well............... fill us in&#33; :doah:

yogi
March 31st, 2006, 05:22 AM
its a 79 f150 frame with ranger body
44 front 9 back
changing to coils and 4 link in back so we can shorten it up 20 in
spool back and trac lock front fuel cell
351m motor
gonna run 38in boggers :thumb-up:

yogi

keithshotrodshop
April 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
I&#39;m definately planning on making it up. I probably will bring the samurai, as I think it will be fun to try it out in Canada. It really is a good tool at work for bringing trees down, however every time I&#39;m winching on a 100 foot cottonwood, I hear that who hoo who hoo hoo song in my head from the vonage commercials&#33;

lgottler
April 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Where are people planning on going?

Since I welded some rock rings onto my H1 rims, I lost all sort of balance, bb&#39;s, mouse balls, etc... nothing seems to be working to get them to not go into deathwobble.

So, I might consider trailering, or just leaving early and going 35mph to the trails&#33;&#33;

Lucas

Creative Fab
April 13th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I heard we were going to try PIW if it isnt a park by now. And maybe Wolf Creek pass?

timbercruiser
April 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Wolf creek is a must-we have a little exploring to do on one of the side trails. Trestle was on the list, but the chuggers are doing that one, so we don&#39;t want a traffic jam. I&#39;d like to do the lookout near camp on Thursday night as a shakedown cruise for the cruiser. (Power steering&#33;&#33;&#33;)

Roadhouse
April 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timbercruiser &#064; Apr 13 2006, 10&#58;31 AM) 13134</div>

Trestle was on the list, but the chuggers are doing that one, so we don&#39;t want a traffic jam.
[/b]

You mean Swamp Stompers :P

timbercruiser
April 14th, 2006, 08:24 AM
oops&#33;&#33; My bad.

Timberwolf
April 14th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Lucas,

It will depend on how many people we end up with.

Like Pat said, if PIW is still open, we want to run it before it closes. There are a few of us who haven&#39;t been able to run it yet. Steve Kitchen will be up there the weekend before, on quads. He said he would stop by the river crossing to see if it has been closed off yet.

We do have a few exploratory offshoots that we can check out.
One off The Lost Boys Trail, At least one off Wolf Creek Pass. Jim K. and I discussed a couple others , but I&#39;m drawwing a blank right now.

Maybe a night run or two. Johnson Lake? Look-Out Hill? Buttermilk?

WhiteRhino
April 14th, 2006, 08:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Apr 14 2006, 03&#58;41 PM) 13165</div>

I&#39;m inviting a couple of local guys if that isn&#39;t any trouble.

And Dave...power steering...dunno....
[/b]

Tim,
Does this mean you are coming? How are the local boys set up? Up to now, everyone is at least single locked if not dual locked with a winch.

timbercruiser
April 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
No worries. They let me come along and I hold things up all the time&#33;&#33;

T-way
April 18th, 2006, 05:05 PM
But yeah Dave.....that&#39;s why I&#39;m riding with you.....

TO KEEP YOU MOVING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:haha:

WhiteRhino
May 1st, 2006, 12:57 PM
THREE MORE DAYS&#33; :thumb-up:

The latest report from our scout in the north tells us the trails are muddy, water crossings are high and there is still snow in the shady areas. Sounds like fun to me. :D :D

timbercruiser
May 1st, 2006, 02:13 PM
I have the chili fixin&#39;s ready to cook up&#33;&#33;&#33;

Which vehicle I&#39;ll be driving is up in there (literally&#33;&#33;) But I&#39;m ready to go &#33;&#33;&#33;

lgottler
May 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Keith and myself are also itchin&#39; to go&#33; He had his camper and sami loaded since the weekend&#33;

I am waiting on my starter and alternator to get rebuilt, then I can load it on the trailer.

I hope the mud is deep and it doesn&#39;t rain&#33; It said in the 50&#39;s during the day and 30&#39;s at night. Slight chance of rain...

Lucas

WhiteRhino
May 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM
So, who&#39;s going up when?

We are leaving Thursday about noon.

Timberwolf
May 2nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
OK, guys. It&#39;s getting down to the wire. Who&#39;s getting geeked?

Once more for the record.

Most of us will arive sometime Thursday afternoon/evening. Dinner is on your own Thur.

Friday morning, come to the little blue house on the right side of the driveway, before the office.
We&#39;ll be serving breakfast about 7:30 or so. Come feast on pancakes/french toast, bacon and sausage, milk, juice and coffee. Plan to head for the trail at 9:00. Gas in Canada is even more expencive than here, so fill that trail rig before you cross the border&#33;

Friday evening when we get in from the trail, the plan is to head over to The Zone to eat.

Saturday morning, breakfast served at 7:30 again. Come early to feast on eggs/omelets, ham, toast, bagels, English muffins, coffee, milk,and juice.
We can stop to top off our tanks on the way to the trails if we have to, but I take extra gas over with me.

Saturday night we&#39;re serving Famous Dave&#39;s Chili, dogs and maybe garlic bread, chips.
Bring your digital footage, and stills, to be viewed by all.

A head count for food would help.

We haven&#39;t heard from Gator, IV-guy, ganz, or joe jeep in awhile?

WhiteRhino
May 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Let me add to Vic&#39;s message a couple things.

First: THE FOOD IS NOT FREE. ALL WHO DO THE COMMUNITY MEAL ARE EXPECTED TO PAY THEIR PERCENTAGE TO VIC. Vic and Bobby are gracious enough to purchase the food in advance and be our camp cooks. But, we can not expect them to shoulder the costs. So, if they spend &#036;100 on food & 10 people eat, each of us must donate &#036;10 back to the cause. :thumb-up:

Second: Let&#39;s all remember to give the 2 cooks a big thankyou hug&#33; :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

Vic, are you planning on cooking the dogs over the fire? If so, should we all bring our dog pokers or I can bring my campfire tripod.

timbercruiser
May 2nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Thursday eve. If I&#39;m there in time, I may go for a short ride to the lookout. Or maybe not.

DN

lgottler
May 2nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
We are all leaving Thursday morning.

Keith
Brian M.
Lucas

Timberwolf
May 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Yes, dogs on the fire sounds good.

Bring the tripod please.

Sorry I forgot to mention the low cost of food.

Thanks Jim,

Vic and Bobby

WhiteRhino
May 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timberwolf &#064; May 2 2006, 01&#58;45 PM) 13739</div>

Yes, dogs on the fire sounds good.

Bring the tripod please.

Sorry I forgot to mention the low cost of food.

Thanks Jim,

Vic and Bobby
[/b]

That means we should all bring lawn chairs. Or we can sit on the camp cook&#39;s lap&#33; :rolf:

Creative Fab
May 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
I and my passenger (whoever that is going to be) will be leaving thursday evening.

timbercruiser
May 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
I&#39;ll bring some LEGAL firewood for Thursday night. (Construction lumber/log ends)

DN

kb8ymf
May 3rd, 2006, 04:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timbercruiser &#064; May 3 2006, 02&#58;30 PM) 13749</div>

I&#39;ll bring some LEGAL firewood for Thursday night. (Construction lumber/log ends)

DN
[/b]

Only one campfire, Thursday? :cry-river:
j-kb8ymf

WhiteRhino
May 3rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
Should not need to bring any firewood. On our last journey there, we changed out a ujoint for them. When Ernest asked what we wanted in payment, we told him "free firewood in the future"

He will stock us up&#33; :thumb-up:

Roadhouse
May 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 3 2006, 09&#58;00 AM) 13745</div>

I and my passenger (whoever that is going to be) will be leaving thursday evening.
[/b]

that won&#39;t be me.....I bugged the wife again tonight at her game to let me go. I even promised to put out, that definetly didn&#39;t changer her mind :rolf:

WhiteRhino
May 4th, 2006, 06:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; May 3 2006, 11&#58;36 PM) 13755</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 3 2006, 09&#58;00 AM) 13745

[/b]

that won&#39;t be me.....I bugged the wife again tonight at her game to let me go. I even promised to put out, that definetly didn&#39;t changer her mind :rolf:
[/b][/quote]

There&#39;s a joke :rolf:

I was talking about you wheeling :haha: :rolf: :haha: :rolf:

Timberwolf
May 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM
:haha: :haha: :rolf: :haha: :haha:
You guys are killing me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OK, looks like we have a total of twenty guys/ ten rigs going up north today.

We&#39;ll have to post some pics on Monday/Tuesday, so everyone else can see what they missed.

Thanks everyone.

Bobby and Vic

95geo
May 4th, 2006, 08:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timberwolf &#064; May 4 2006, 08&#58;12 AM) 13760</div>

OK, looks like we have a total of twenty guys/ ten rigs going up north today.

[/b]

have fun and dont break any ujoints :doah:

Timberwolf
May 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Sure easy for you to say :Ironman:

mtnbiker5
May 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM
A big Thank YOU&#33;&#33;&#33; to all involved especially Bobby and Vic...

really everyone thanks a ton what a kick ass time&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

cant wait to see those videos... esp. Lucas Tunnel of love and the other damaged spine laden material :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

Creative Fab
May 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I am sitting in the living room watching the video of the love tunnel now&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

What a great weekend&#33;&#33;

And thanks to Vic and Bobby for the FOOD, I am still full.

It was an awsome time with a great group of guys, cant wait until next time.

Jarhead
May 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Be sure to view Muddy Paws pictures here: http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/may-canada/

And, anyone considering doing GG for the first time this September will have a number of options when it comes to type of trails to be driven, everything from mild and lazy to wild and crazy. GG Registration will be in the upcoming Boondocker, get it in early and reserve your spot.