PDA

View Full Version : West Michigan Trails?

ashton_mcneice
January 5th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone know of any trails in west michigan other than silver lake? I live in Grand Rapids and cannot seem to find very many. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Creative Fab
January 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I just deleted a post I made about a trail ride over that way last weekend, after reading the details it seems to me it might not have been on legal trails. It was from another forum that I read.

So in other words I do not know about any legal trails over that way.

You could try calling David Allen at DAR racing in Mears, he wheels some trails over there. There is also a club in that area and they meet at Shizlotty Motorsports on Polk road. The contact name for them is Colin Hanson if your interested I have his number.

Pat

Zookeeper
January 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashton_mcneice &#064; Jan 5 2006, 01&#58;44 PM) 7660</div>

Anyone know of any trails in west michigan other than silver lake? I live in Grand Rapids and cannot seem to find very many. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
[/b]

There are some forest trails up in the Whitehall area, which I don&#39;t think is that far north of you.

nick_n_ii
February 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Up near cadilac there are some or you can go up alitttle farther to Kalkaska and there is a few systems between Kalkaska and Grayling...............Check out the Cadilac Jeepers for more info about there area.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Jan 5 2006, 08&#58;18 PM) 7665</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashton_mcneice &#064; Jan 5 2006, 01&#58;44 PM) 7660

[/b]

There are some forest trails up in the Whitehall area, which I don&#39;t think is that far north of you.
[/b][/quote]

whtchvy
March 5th, 2006, 04:15 AM
[font=Arial][size=3]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nick &#064; Feb 25 2006, 05&#58;53 PM) 10964</div>

Up near cadilac there are some or you can go up alitttle farther to Kalkaska and there is a few systems between Kalkaska and Grayling...............Check out the Cadilac Jeepers for more info about there area.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Jan 5 2006, 08&#58;18 PM) 7665

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashton_mcneice &#064; Jan 5 2006, 01&#58;44 PM) 7660

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashton_mcneice &#064; Jan 5 2006, 04&#58;44 PM) 7660</div>

[/b]
I have heard about some good trails in Baldwin area? Have never been their yet but would like to this year some time, if I can find more info about it being legal, I know it&#39;s snowmobile trails and seasonal roads, but thats all the info I can find so far. If anyone knows more please share the info.

RockyTop
March 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whtchvy &#064; Mar 5 2006, 04&#58;15 AM) 11488</div>

I have heard about some good trails in Baldwin area? Have never been their yet but would like to this year some time, if I can find more info about it being legal, I know it&#39;s snowmobile trails and seasonal roads, but thats all the info I can find so far. If anyone knows more please share the info.
[/b]

Cool, and Welcome to the Forum&#33;

RT

Rattler
March 28th, 2006, 08:08 AM
I posted in another thread about SW MI trails too.

I lived in Holland for a few years(until &#39;99). I used to go to the Allegan State Game Area SW of Holland by Hamilton. I could always find some trails to mess around on. Its nothing too bad. I know there were a couple that could get pretty hairy after a good rain though.

Not sure how much of its still opened up to trucks yet. Its been a few years now. If you go there, post your results. I go back to the Holland area at least once a year. I could hit some trails for old times sake.

Nemdex
July 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Hey every one… I just wanted to give everyone some news about the Kids in the Mudd off road area here in southern/west Michigan.

Hours:
First they are now open 7 days a week and have extended their hours to Fri, Sat and Sun - 9:30AM to 8:30PM (No admission after 7PM). And Mon-Thurs. by Appointment. The by appointment is because they were sitting out there mon-thurs all day with no one showing up. But if you want to wheel during the week just let them know and they will be there.

Trails:
Second, the number of trails are increasing but there still needs to be more, I am going to get a date set with the owner to come out with a group and cut some more trails. Most trails are tracked quite well but I know of one trail that only myself and Ben have been down. (and I think we both had to winch out of it, at least I know I did).

Off road Course:
For those of you who have been there, you know there are two big open areas and the one up front is mostly for the ATV’s and bikes. But in the back open area I would like to put in a 4x4 course such as some of us saw at the Jeep Blessing this year. If any of you have Ideas for obstacles of just something you would like to see be there , post it up.

Pricing:
Last time I was there I was told there is now a year pass available&#33; &#036;99 for the year and yep he said it will be open during the winter.

Park Info -
77308 56th St.
Decatur, MI 49045
For Appointments and Questions
Call Dave at (269) 325-2890
http://www.kidsinthemudd.com

Jason aka Nemdex
Jason@trinitycsg.com

Trail_Fanatic
July 23rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
I grew up in Whitehall wheeling all around Muskegon, Oceana, and Mason counties.
PM me for my phone #.
Make sure you have a Gazetteer or better quality map when you call and I can give you more detail than you&#39;re probably looking for.

Pat Brower