PDA

View Full Version : Bundy Hill Operating Permit Passes Planning Board.

Bundy Hill Off Road
February 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
UPDATE:

The Somerset Township Planning Commission held their final meeting on Feb 16th, regarding the Permanent Operating Permit for Bundy Hill Off Road Park.
The Planning Commission Passed the Granting of our Permanent Operating Permit with the following conditions:

-We had to make one compromise with a neighbors who felt that one of our trails was too close to their property line. The compromise will be that the second half of Nutcheck Trail will have to be closed. It was either that, or we might have faced a restriction of a 200ft buffer zone from all property boundaries.

-There were some additional conditions added that govern our "Guided Night Tours", which is good because the first reaction to operating at night wasn't so good. The added conditions allow us to continue to conduct our "Guided Night Tours" in the future. That means there will be Night Run's at the park!

-Lastly, if we had a dollar for every time we heard the word "Noise" at the meeting, we could buy all surrounding property around the park, so noise wouldn't ever be an issue.
What we're trying to convey here is that we are going to be strictly enforcing our noise ordinance in the future to keep the neighbors happy.
To address this concern, we have simply adopted the same ordinance and testing procedure that the DNR uses of 94db.
We ask that everyone take this into consideration before your next trip to Bundy Hill. We will have a db meter available for testing, and all rangers will be trained in the proper testing procedure. It is NOT mandatory that all rigs/bikes/quads be tested, but it will be up to the discretion of the staff on whether something needs to be tested. If it was up to us, we'd say "Run what ya Brung", but in order to keep everyone happy and the gates open we have to make compromises.

The next stop is the Township Board Meeting in March, where the Board will Adopt the permit per the recommendation of the Planning Commissions.
They will then register it with the County of Hillsdale, and we will have our Paper Copy 10 days after that.
We are currently running on a Temporary Operating Permit good through the end of April 2010. So, we are legal to operate right now.

Thank You to everyone that has supported us throughout this very long process.
Thank You to the all the Members of the GLFWDA for helping us in more ways then we can count. :yourock:

Thanks from the bottom of our Transfer Cases,

The Staff & Owners of Bundy Hill Off Road Park.

Jarhead
February 27th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Congratulations, we could not be happier with the end result.:woot:

Okay, this is done...whose next, I have a minute or two to spare.

You have to love it when a plan comes together! :woot:

DDS4X4
February 27th, 2010, 10:34 PM
YIPEE! :thumb:

I am at the IFWDA Convention where they are celebrating their 30th anniversary of the Association, working to keep our Trails open and supporting places for us to Ride!

I had a discussion with the Rough Riders club from the Goshen, IN area. We talked about Bundy Hill. I told them I had visited the park in December. They are looking forward to a trip up there this spring to check out the park.

Keep up the GREAT work, we're glad you are doing it right. :yourock:

WhiteRhino
February 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM
:thumb: Simple as that.