PDA

View Full Version : Drummond Island Invasion 2010 - Promo Video 1

Mr-S
December 23rd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Ok, here it is. Promise me one thing, turn your speakers up before you click play.:woot:

Details on this run are still being finalized, however the date is set. Full day of wheelin on the 9th and 10th, travel home on the 11th. Trail rides will be guided.

Staying at the Drummond Resort. Registration info and hotel prices are being set and info will be passed along.

There is no registration fee for this trip. Just friends getting together for family fun. Kids welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJQUYS52Zs

T-way
December 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Nice job with the video Tim!

I'll have to wait until a little closer to Invasion time before I know if I will be able to make it!!

:thumb:

hemrides
December 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Very nice job creating the video.

Mr-S
December 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks. We'll be doing another DVD this year.

Evil Queen
January 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I can't wait, I can't wait :ahhh:

T-way
January 6th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hmmmm.....the Jeep's turning on the "Check Engine Light" every time I start it now. Seems to run fine and smooth though. I'll have to get that checked out early in the spring and see if I can make this run. Hope it's just something easy (and cheap!!).

timbercruiser
January 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hmmmm.....the Jeep's turning on the "Check Engine Light" every time I start it now. Seems to run fine and smooth though. I'll have to get that checked out early in the spring and see if I can make this run. Hope it's just something easy (and cheap!!).

A small piece of tape will fix it!!

T-way
January 8th, 2010, 05:44 PM
A small piece of tape will fix it!!

Either that, or taking the bulb out!!!!

:ahhh:

DieselMTU
January 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Great Video.

Too many Jeep though...

J/K ;)

Mr-S
January 9th, 2010, 02:31 AM

If it's running ok then usually it's either an oxygen sensor code or you left the gas cap loose. Not always, but more often than not from my experience.

Great Video.

Too many Jeep though...

J/K ;)

That's cuz the hummer-v's are too skeered to come play with us.

:lmao:

DDS4X4
January 9th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I think the Hummers play together, they (most of them) just must not like to play well with "others"!! HHAAAA!!

T-way
January 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=Mr-S;55647]If it's running ok then usually it's either an oxygen sensor code or you left the gas cap loose. Not always, but more often than not from my experience.

Those were my first thoughts also. BUT.....I haven't had the gas cap off for a while (and I checked it anyway). It could very well be one of the oxygen sensors, but if I remember correctly, the TJs have 3 of them (and they aren't cheap).

Stay tuned...............

DieselMTU
January 9th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I think the Hummers play together, they (most of them) just must not like to play well with "others"!! HHAAAA!!

I think I played nice at the Color Tour...

But I think I might have been boobie trapped during the Drummond Signage even. There was a jeep near by... :muttley:

oz97tj
January 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I think I played nice at the Color Tour...

But I think I might have been boobie trapped during the Drummond Signage even. There was a jeep near by... :muttley:

If I recall, some jeeps went out looking for you when you sent your brother walking. Don't worry though. You can always count on jeeps to come rescue Hummers.

Evil Queen
January 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM

hey T-way, I had the same problem on my 97tj....that year, as I'm sure you know, is a hybrid. Mine was the sensor, I got my husband one of those testers that can tell you the code, and I believe it will clear it as well.

You are welcome to borrow it.

DieselMTU
January 10th, 2010, 11:37 PM
If I recall, some jeeps went out looking for you when you sent your brother walking. Don't worry though. You can always count on jeeps to come rescue Hummers.

Yeah one of these days I will have to get one of those transfer cases with a lever and not a button

phittie1100
January 11th, 2010, 12:14 AM
We will have to see if we can find you a solid front axle too, Carl.

T-way
January 11th, 2010, 12:48 AM
hey T-way, I had the same problem on my 97tj....that year, as I'm sure you know, is a hybrid. Mine was the sensor, I got my husband one of those testers that can tell you the code, and I believe it will clear it as well.

You are welcome to borrow it.

I might just have to take you up on that! Thanks!!

Mr-S
January 12th, 2010, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=Mr-S;55647]If it's running ok then usually it's either an oxygen sensor code or you left the gas cap loose. Not always, but more often than not from my experience.

Those were my first thoughts also. BUT.....I haven't had the gas cap off for a while (and I checked it anyway). It could very well be one of the oxygen sensors, but if I remember correctly, the TJs have 3 of them (and they aren't cheap).

Stay tuned...............

Autozone, advance, and others can scan your rig for free. Just a thought.

DieselMTU
January 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
We will have to see if we can find you a solid front axle too, Carl.

That would be interesting... but something about tht just seems wrong on a Hummer... no matter what model it is.

T-way
January 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
[quote=T-way;55660]

Autozone, advance, and others can scan your rig for free. Just a thought.

That's a good thought!!!! Thanks!

oz97tj
January 13th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah one of these days I will have to get one of those transfer cases with a lever and not a button

That's a good start. Then again, I prefer those transfer cases that are attached to a jeep...

Evil Queen
January 16th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I might just have to take you up on that! Thanks!!

We just live in Conway..heated garage, all the tools you need....348-9832

unemployed until April. Friendly, won't bite.

Mr-S
January 16th, 2010, 07:55 PM
won't bite.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock/smiley-sign0103.gif

bigdream
January 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well if i sell my outty and eclosed car hauler trailer bye then and have a jeep ready i will be there.

T-way
January 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Well if i sell my outty and eclosed car hauler trailer bye then and have a jeep ready i will be there.

If you can make it, you should!! You'll meet a lot of great people, see Drummond, and get some good instruction on how to use your (hopefully) new-to-you Jeep!

Evil Queen
January 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock/smiley-sign0103.gif

okay...only if I like you :thumb:

MrsRedRuby
January 24th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Haven't been here in a while and to see this post is so weird..........Steve just had the same problem with the engine light coming on. It was an oxygen sensor. Anything about which one I have no idea but they said it was a $273 fix he got for $100 cuz covered under warranty......don't hear that much for an '03 Rubicon. Good luck and hope to see you soon on a run.

T-way
January 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah....I replaced one of the O2 sensors a few years back.

My Jeep is now 13 years old and has 63,000 miles on it......so I don't think it's still covered by warranty!!!!

:poke:

Evil Queen
January 25th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah....I replaced one of the O2 sensors a few years back.

My Jeep is now 13 years old and has 63,000 miles on it......so I don't think it's still covered by warranty!!!!

only 63000? You got a long way to go :D Mine is up to 123000....uh oh...am I cursing myself here!

Jarhead
January 25th, 2010, 10:20 AM
... has 63,000 miles on it......

Sadly, it has had 63,000 miles for the last three years. I believe it has been that long since we got a glimspe of the ole' Purple Jeep on the trail :poke:

Evil Queen
January 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I don't think T-way exists. Kinda like snipe hunting. You all are pulling my leg on this one. Hard to believe he only lives 10 minutes from me and I've never met him......

that or he's avoiding me :wave:

Mr-S
January 26th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I thought I saw a picture of him at the fall color tour....:confused:

T-way
January 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM

NOPE! I missed the Color Tour, since I was getting MARRIED that day!!!

If you look under my user name, it says Shreksquatch! So you never know.....I might just be mythical creature!!!!!

And if you have met me, you know what Shreksquatch means!!!!!

Jarhead
January 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Photoshop....

I couldn't find information on t-way at www.snopes.com

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
T-way or a transitway is a bus rapid transit line in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia.

T-ways were conceived as an alternative to commuter railway services because of the lower cost and higher flexibility that they offer. T-ways can be constructed without the need for a dedicated corridor or tunnel. Buses can join and leave the T-way along the route, giving the T-way a wider feeder area than rail.

T-ways are bus-only roads where undeveloped railway and motorway corridors are available, and bus-only lanes on existing roads.

T-way
January 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM
It's official.........Bob has lost his mind!!!

And here's the proof people.......Bob evidently still has a little bit of free time on his hands!!!!!

T-way
February 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM
And now for some good news........

I started Big Bad Blue up yesterday for its monthly run, and the Check Engine Light no longer comes on!!!

:woot:

The gremlin must have frozen to death!!!!

Mr-S
March 4th, 2010, 11:56 PM
hahahahaha

T-way
March 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hey Tim

I'd like to run up Saturday morning and meet up with you guys for some wheeling. Where would I meet you, and what time?

timbercruiser
March 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM
And now for some good news........

I started Big Bad Blue up yesterday for its monthly run, and the Check Engine Light no longer comes on!!!

:woot:

The gremlin must have frozen to death!!!!

That tape trick worked:ahhh:

timbercruiser
March 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hey Tim

I'd like to run up Saturday morning and meet up with you guys for some wheeling. Where would I meet you, and what time?

ditto

T-way
March 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm guessing that Timbercruiser will be following me up there........or I'll be following him up there.......or...............

Oh heck - we'll just probably be coming up at the same time!!

wester
March 8th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I'm in, just waiting for for the final details.

T-way
March 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
LOOK OUT!!

It's the invasion of the TROLLS!!!

:troll::troll::troll:

drummond
March 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
can't wait for this trip, should be a great time!

druxus
March 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Wife and myself would like to go, but we need to make a budget for the trip. Any idea of lodging cost? Was seeing there might be a discount for a group.

gokarn
March 13th, 2010, 02:00 AM
How much id the total cost gonna come up to. This will me my first trip ever and wondering what all things do I bring with. A list of items to bring would help a long way.:wave::wave:

Greenway
March 13th, 2010, 11:38 PM
DI Resort hotel is $89 a night
Ferry is $14 - $30 round trip
$16.50 ORV sticker for 2010
Meals in restaurants $?
gas $?
Turtle Ridge park DI Resort Guest Rate.2-day pass, $25
Misc?

gokarn
March 14th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks Greenway..

Evil Queen
March 15th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Lodging details

We would like to encourage everyone on this run to stay at the Drummond Island Resort and Lodge. It is easier to assemble for runs and nice for socializing in the Great Room. Of course, this is not a requirement, but we will put fire ants in your bed if you stay anywhere else.

Lodging information is as follows:

$89/nt, based double occupancy
Each add’l adult is $10/nt

Children under 18 sleep free in same room as their parents.
Above rates subject to current state and local taxes (9%).

TURTLE RIDGE: Resort Guest Rate………….2-day pass, $25
Non-Resort Guest Rate…….2-day pass, $40

RESERVATION METHOD: INDIVIDUAL RESERVATIONS
Individuals need to call the D.I. Resort & Conference Center’s reservation department to make arrangements for accommodations. The number to call is (800) 999-6343. They need to mention they are with the Michigan Wheeler’s Group.

DEPOSIT: First night’s deposit due at time of reservation.

CANCELLATION POLICY: Lodging deposit is refundable, less $15 processing fee, until two weeks from arrival. Discounted rooms not reserved by March 9th will be released from the room block.

BILLING: Lodging payment is due in full upon check in.

PAYMENT: All accounts are due upon departure and can be settled by cash, check or credit card.

gokarn
April 3rd, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hi.. Was wondering if I needed to do any mods before the trip.. My 09 Unlimited rubi is bone stock. I managed to get some transmission and swaybar skids on it.. Do I need anything else.. Would like your advice and suggestions..:woot::woot:

gokarn
April 3rd, 2010, 02:08 AM
Also anyone driving up from Detroit area. Sure would like join people on the drive up..

Jarhead
April 3rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hi.. Was wondering if I needed to do any mods before the trip.. My 09 Unlimited rubi is bone stock. I managed to get some transmission and swaybar skids on it.. Do I need anything else.. Would like your advice and suggestions..:woot::woot:
Your bone stock will do just fine on Drummond. Listening to your trail leader is the key to getting through any difficulty and overcome any obstacle in your path.

There is nothing better than man/woman, vehicle, the wilderness and mother nature.

Mr-S
April 3rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
I would suggest devising a way to disconnect your sway bars. You will see a vastly improved off road performance boost from it.

Get a valve core remover and a good digital tire gauge so you can quickly and accurately set your tire pressures.

You might find some people from the Detroit area headed up on MichiganWheelers.com

gokarn
April 4th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Your bone stock will do just fine on Drummond. Listening to your trail leader is the key to getting through any difficulty and overcome any obstacle in your path.

There is nothing better than man/woman, vehicle, the wilderness and mother nature.

Thanks Bob..:woot::woot:

Mr-S
April 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
WOOT

I'll be on the island this time tomorrow!

wester
April 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
So are we meeting somewhere on the way up or are we just meeting at the resort? When I go to Drummond with the Trolls we normally meet at the welcome center after the bridge.

Mr-S
April 7th, 2010, 11:03 PM
So are we meeting somewhere on the way up or are we just meeting at the resort? When I go to Drummond with the Trolls we normally meet at the welcome center after the bridge.

There are people coming from all over....even Canada. There is a convoy heading out from the detroit area but I don't know what plans they have as far as times go.

I sent you a PM with the meeting times and places.

Bigest thing is that we will be having breakfast at 8am on Friday at the bear track and then we will all meet and head out from the resort at 10am for the trails.

Same thing for Saturday but heading to the Park.

WoodyTJ
April 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks Michigan Wheelers had a great time.

Don aka Woody
MSG

wester
April 12th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Had a great time, met new people, and it was my first time at Turtle Ridge. Thanks for organizing the event.

DDS4X4
April 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Doesn't Mr S and the MW do a GREAT job? :thumb: THANKS for putting it together and inviting new friends! :yourock:
Sorry I missed this oportunity. :wah:

T-way
April 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry I missed it also. I had planned to attend, but had a family weekend birthday celebration to attend. Family may not always be here, but Drummond will be!!!

Evil Queen
April 14th, 2010, 11:03 PM
thank you to all who came and an extended invite to next year for those who didn't make it!!!

It was a great time!