PDA

View Full Version : Newb

limitlessborders
November 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
K don't laugh haha. MK Patriot FDI owner. I'm hear for simple easy runs, two tracking and basic stuff to toy around on. I'm from the lansing area and will be looking for some easy trails.. Anyone know of any trails closer then Clair?

oz97tj
November 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome! Rocks and Valleys is near Clair, but your Patriot will be limited there. There is a fair amount of trails around Gladwin, but I'm not too familiar with them. Further north, there are pretty much limitless trails around West Branch and many are pretty easy with the worst stuff you'll encounter being some deep sand in spots and some hill climbs, but you can generally avoid the climbs.

Renegade II
November 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
:wave: Hello & welcome. Gladwin use to be real good for wheeling, but most of it got shut down. Sandy areas in the roads are about the worst you'll encounter around there now a days and it's an ok 'drive in the woods' kind of place. Make sure to stay on the seasonal roads / truck trails and avoid all the little (illegal) side tracks that come off of them. In my experiences it's been rare to go up that way and not see a DNR-E C.O.

Happy trails!

Jarhead
November 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
:wave:Hello and Welcome Aboard!

If you are looking for trails closer than Clare, where do you hail from?

calvynandhobbs
November 15th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hi :wave:

T-way
November 15th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Howdy! No reason to apologize for having a Patriot......that's a fun little buggy to go 2-tracking in!

Welcome to the forum....have fun!!

:wave:

phittie1100
November 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Based on my sister's experience, the AWD Patriot manages two tracks and the dunes rather nicely. And she reminds me about her 25mpg every chance she gets too!

DDS4X4
November 16th, 2009, 07:07 PM
WELCOME :wave: