PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sorry.

USMC 0369
November 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I feel like a turncoat.
I've moved back to California, because this is where I could find a job. I never did get to put the Jeep into 4wd in Michigan. Not once.

I'll still hang around this board, and drop in occasionally. I'm just kinda busy with work and such. At least I'm still training Marines.

Renegade II
November 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I feel like a turncoat.
I've moved back to California, because this is where I could find a job. I never did get to put the Jeep into 4wd in Michigan. Not once.

I'll still hang around this board, and drop in occasionally. I'm just kinda busy with work and such. At least I'm still training Marines.

Don't be sorry, you gotta do what you gotta do :thumb: Best of luck to you!

If I could leave, I'd be out of this state before sundown.

USMC 0369
November 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Don't be sorry, you gotta do what you gotta do :thumb: Best of luck to you!

If I could leave, I'd be out of this state before sundown.

It just sucks. I love the state, it's beautiful. I miss the seasons and all that comes with them. Thanks for the well wishes.

I hear that an average of 12 families a day leave the state? Who knows, you could be next! If so, try SOCAL, the wheeling is great.

calvynandhobbs
November 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I feel like a turncoat.

I'm in the same boat except my family is still back in Michigan. I've been living in Connecticut since August of 2008 and traveling back and forth to Michigan once a month. I did get to use 4wd when I drove back to Michigan last Christmas if that counts for anything. My daughter graduates high school this next June so I'm hoping to drive back and hit Silver Lake with 4given4x4 over Father's Day weekend.

USMC 0369
November 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm in the same boat except my family is still back in Michigan. I've been living in Connecticut since August of 2008 and traveling back and forth to Michigan once a month. I did get to use 4wd when I drove back to Michigan last Christmas if that counts for anything. My daughter graduates high school this next June so I'm hoping to drive back and hit Silver Lake with 4given4x4 over Father's Day weekend.

My wife is still in Michigan also. I'm not driving home once a month though. Any time you get to take it out of 2wd counts.

On the upside, I hear I could purchase an entire block in Detroit for about $40,000. I am looking for property...

Icemanii
November 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM
On the upside, I hear I could purchase an entire block in Detroit for about $40,000. I am looking for property...

I wouldn't pay that much. Wait till the price comes down.

After all, it is almost the end of the 5 years when we will all be blown away.

Like tumbleweeds in a ghost town.

calvynandhobbs
November 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM
My wife is still in Michigan also. I'm not driving home once a month though. Any time you get to take it out of 2wd counts.

You are doing the same thing as me then. I only drive home for Christmas since I take some extra time off. For weekend trips throughout the year I fly back and forth. With my Jeep's gas mileage it's probably cheaper to fly anyway.

Jarhead
November 6th, 2009, 11:30 AM
SEMPER FI

T-way
November 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Don't feel bad.......I've lived my entire life in Michigan and I barely ever get to put my Jeep in 4wd!! Even when I'm wheeling!!!! (maybe that speaks to the quality of the trails in Michigan!)

Best of luck to you in California. In this economy, just be glad that someone's paying you a salary!

:thumb: