November 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Ever wondered how so called environmental groups can afford to keep filing more and more lawsuits each year? You think it is because they win huge awards, well think again. Most people are unaware that these groups legal fees are reimbursed by our government under the Equal Justice Act. That is correct we the taxpayers are paying them to sue us. This means each lawsuit they file is a money maker for them. That is why most of the suits filed today actually harm the environment instead of helping. It's about the money not the environment.

For example:

There are much needed Forest fuel reduction projects which would reduce dangerously high fuels loads in our unnaturally overgrown National Forests. Enviro Groups file lawsuits blocking these projects, a death sentence for the Forest which ends up incinerated along with all the wildlife and destruction of the watershed.
Or lawsuits forcing trail closures which concentrate use and increase impacts on the land.
Or lawsuits to ban fish stocking which cause native trout population to become over fished and also severely reduced the food supply to native wildlife like eagles
Reports show Enviro Groups like the Wilderness Society, Forest Guardians and Center for Biological Diverstiy have been paid over $4 BILLION of your tax dollars to file lawsuits from 2003-2007.

Lawsuits filed under the guise of preservation which harm the environment in order to make money, show there Enviro groups true colors as Litigation Machines using pseudo Environmental Fronts.

Read the facts from Budd-Falen Law Offices at the following web site:

or download the attached PDF.

November 4th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Why couldn't this work in reverse for us? Sue targeting the laws that are now hurting the environment, is it because of the stigma associated with our sport?

What act is it exactly? I look up Equal Justice Act and I get a lot of things that do not correlate with this. The fact we are fotting the bill for the lawsuits pisses me off quite a bit.

November 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I read something about that in reader's digest.

November 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I agree why can't our sport get something like that!!

And I'm also upset that my tax money pays for the lawsuits that close the trails I enjoy to ride!!!

November 6th, 2009, 11:15 AM
It doesn't shock me in the least bit that this happens. I am sure if we did something like that they would cry foul so load BO's ears would beeld.