PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 show in the summer downstate

keithshotrodshop
December 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM
As I have mentioned before in person to many members, my familys farm/business plans on hosting a 4x4 show this upcoming summer. This is not a wheeling event, more like a car show, but a good way to get the public involved in a positive way to our sport. I have now started putting together a few details and getting other things together. For now it looks like the location is going to move from our actual farm to our new seed and feed supply store about 4 miles north of the farm. We will probably be doing this for several reasons, most of all we have better bathroom facilities and alot more space there to park the trucks. So here is the questions I ask since this will be the first of what hopefully will become an annual event:

1. Any suggestions on classes/judging/trophies?

2. Any suggestions on events (remember the trucks will be parked, so this is more for people oriented events)

3. Any other suggestions?

Creative Fab
December 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM
44" tire bowling!

Seed spitting?

Who can eat the most baked beans :stink:

WhiteRhino
December 13th, 2005, 10:57 AM
As far as classes go, I would like to see something like stock, street modified, show and off road. Give the guys just getting into the sport something to do, allow the guys with chrome & bling to compete and then look at off road vehicles not based upon paint but off road ability, engineering & stuff. This is pretty hard to judge & I am not sure how to break it down. Just some suggestions.

Trophies: ya gonna give away seeds????

Let it evolve!

keithshotrodshop
December 13th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Good Suggestions! Of course I want to open it to everyone. Provided it's a 4x4 I'm cool with it coming. I actually look forward to the diversity of vehicles coming. My next question is this: It's a 99% sure thing that we are going to set the date on a Sunday (or maybe a Saturday) in August. Is there any big events that this may interfere with. Tentativly we are looking at the last weekend in August.

timmy_69
December 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Where are you talking?

I'm not sure what weekend we will be hold DOA 6. But it is in August.

keithshotrodshop
December 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
The show will be located in Algonac, Mi. 48001. We are on the U.S./Canada border south of Port Huron by approx 40 miles.

MuddyPaws
December 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Last show I entered had the entrents (sp) do the judging in all the classes. We got second place in that one.

http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/show/1.jpg

My son had Mimi-Paws there too!

http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/show/2.jpg

keithshotrodshop
December 16th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I have always liked the shows where the entrants do the judging, so I'm pretty sure we'll do the same thing. We may have a Foxfire Farm (the name of our farm) pick that would be done by my employees as well. I figure to make it a little more fun, we may have a powerwheels category-and maybe powerwheels events!

keithshotrodshop
December 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I'm still looking for info on date interferance in August. As it happens to be, the last two weekends are booked for major events and weddings at the farm, so we are looking at maybe one of the first two weekends. Any comments? I really would like to see a strong showing of GLFWDA at this event if possible.