PDA

View Full Version : Sno-Fari 2010

Jarhead
August 28th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Just in case you may have been wondering, Sno-Fari 2010 is scheduled to occur January 8 -9, 2010.

Deathdealer
September 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Please note that RSVP'ing does not save you a slot for SnoFari, it just gives us an indicator of interest for the event. Open registration will be later on. Stay tuned!

DDS4X4
September 1st, 2009, 10:37 PM
But it is a GREAT sign of early interest in the event ...
THANKS again to SoFO for a GREAT return engagement! :yourock:

oz97tj
September 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
No, I think SoFO needs to thank everyone else for coming and making the event the great one that it is.

:yourock::woot::yourock:

cc
September 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
FYI, the hotel is already half booked (according to the manager I just spoke with), and there are no more rooms poolside on the ground floor.

Renegade II
September 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
FYI, the hotel is already half booked (according to the manager I just spoke with), and there are no more rooms poolside on the ground floor.

Half booked +1 :woot:

As I was registering I overheard another clerk on the phone "....yes, for the SnoFari event..." sounds like it'll be slim pickins' or none as the date gets closer.

cc
September 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM

As I was registering I overheard another clerk on the phone "....yes, for the SnoFari event..." sounds like it'll be slim pickins' or none as the date gets closer.

I posted up on gl4x4 the same thing, and I know 8 or 9 people made reservations this morning.

rentalrider
September 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Make that +2! :woot:

Renegade II
September 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Make that +2! :woot:

Dan's coming up too, He's bringing his FSJ this year. Looks like we can whoop some tail in Euchre again :lmao:

Just don't offer to play against CC, he always got dealt big hands last year :lmao:

cc
September 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Dan's coming up too, He's bringing his FSJ this year. Looks like we can whoop some tail in Euchre again :lmao:

Just don't offer to play against CC, he always got dealt big hands last year :lmao:

I'm still spending all the money I won from you that night :lmao:

GL08JK
September 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Where is SnoFari being held at? Just curious...

DDS4X4
September 24th, 2009, 07:50 PM
West Branch - Quality Inn
aka - Forwards Conference Center

OK SoFO, are these dates confirmed?
Last I heard some of you were waivering between 2 different weekends?

I'll have to call and see IF I already made my usual reservations??

oz97tj
September 24th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Yes, these are the dates. Book your hotel rooms soon as they are filling fast.

DDS4X4
September 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Two days of trails?
Friday day run?
Or just Friday night run as last year?

Trying to determine if I need the room for Thursday night also.
Thanks

oz97tj
September 26th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Friday early afternoon, Friday night, and Saturday.

Three times for runs. The Friday runs will be limited to the amount of leaders we have for Friday. Currently, it looks like we may only have spots for 30ish people on Friday.

In other words, be sure to sign up and get there early. You should have time to drive up Friday morning though if you left early.

MrsRedRuby
September 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
When does registration open up? To be honest, I wasn't thrilled about going in the snow but so glad I did. Even my little dog loved it!!!!!!!

Renegade II
September 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm off friday :thumb: May have to get up there a little early....maybe even thursday :woot:

Better get this out of the way also http://www.glfwda.org/forms/Safety_Certification_Form_revised_3_06.pdf........ ....it always makes for good conversation :lmao:

DDS4X4
September 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Since SoFO is slow/busy with planning details, I'll help and put it here for now until they get it posted elsewhere.
Now posted on gl4x4.

Note, registratiuon starts Oct 1 and the vehicle limit is 60!

Oh yea, Friday afternoon runs, limited to 30 rigs, first come.

oz97tj
September 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Since SoFO is slow/busy with planning details, I'll help and put it here for now until they get it posted elsewhere.
Now posted on gl4x4.

Note, registratiuon starts Oct 1 and the vehicle limit is 60!

Oh yea, Friday afternoon runs, limited to 30 rigs, first come.

Thanks Doug! lol

MTUbronco
September 29th, 2009, 12:18 AM
To one and all, attached is the official registration form for the 2010 Snofari event. Please remember registration opens October 1 so anything post marked ahead of time will not be accepted.

Also, we are working on having youth apparel this year, unfortunately pricing was not available in time. If you would like youth apparel please check back for pricing or feel free to e-mail SoFo at sofomich@gmail.com

Renegade II
October 1st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Registration is open today!!!

DDS4X4
October 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Sent yesterday! :woot:

phittie1100
October 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Registration sent, pool-side room booked, just need some snow!

oz97tj
October 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Registration sent, pool-side room booked, just need some snow!

We cancelled the snow for this year... We didn't want to have to keep pulling you out again! lol

phittie1100
October 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
That's what happens when you let mall-crawling accoutants out of the office in the winter!

DDS4X4
October 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Paul,
Post at 10:30 AM, where were you at instead of Boyne City? :blahblah:

phittie1100
October 4th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Fighting with my Jeep again. I was sitting at Belle Tire trying to get the front end aligned so it was driveable for the trip north. Long story made short, I ended up at Unlimited Offroad Center without an appointment on a Saturday, one of their guys who was on his way out the door for the day fixed me up so I could make it up here.

Bishop
October 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM

when i called i asked for poolside and they said no problem???

are you sure they were filled?

i called on 9/30

cc
October 4th, 2009, 06:27 PM
when i called i asked for poolside and they said no problem???

are you sure they were filled?

i called on 9/30

That is very very odd, since I know of three others who couldn't get a pool side room (on the floor).

oz97tj
October 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe somebody cancelled a room? Looking forward to seeing you Bob!

Bishop
October 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Well I just called they said they still have poolside rooms available. And confirmed mine as well

Some were Friday only and some were Saturday only and a couple different arrangements of number beds and sizes and smoking and non-smoking.

Maybe everyone that was requesting poolside was just being too specific :confused:

but their still out there...

Renegade II
October 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Guess I'm just picky; When we got ours, most of the remaining rooms were 'smoking allowed." Me no likey the stinky of a smoking room.........and I didn't want to change rooms three times in three days :lmao:

The older I get 'closer to an exit' matters more than 'closer to the pool' :lmao:

steelhd1
October 7th, 2009, 05:52 PM
any way to paypal for the event since I have been out of town working for the last 12 weeks? Won't be back home until Nov. :ahhh:

oz97tj
October 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
any way to paypal for the event since I have been out of town working for the last 12 weeks? Won't be back home until Nov. :ahhh:

Currently, no paypal account has been set up as of now. Just drop a registration in the mail and you should be fine.

sportsnut44
October 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
mailing mine i the morning

Renegade II
October 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Anyone want to re-pack my wheel/axle bearings, change trans lube, change both axles lube, change T-case lube, change oil/filter, install a soft top, make a spare tire carrier and clean my CJ5 befroe this run? Almost forgot, .....and change out a rear H1 caliper?

Ya, me neither :sad:

oz97tj
October 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Anyone want to re-pack my wheel/axle bearings, change trans lube, change both axles lube, change T-case lube, change oil/filter, install a soft top, make a spare tire carrier and clean my CJ5 befroe this run? Almost forgot, .....and change out a rear H1 caliper?

Sounds like a good weekend in the garage...

Renegade II
October 17th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Sounds like a BAD weekend in the garage...

Fixed it for ya. The rear caliper swap will suck the most.

WhiteRhino
October 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM

What??????????? MY trail sweep is not well prepared at least 3 months in advance? I'm extremely dissapointed.:banghead:

Jarhead
October 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM

I'll do the caliper, but I can't guarantee when you will get the truck back.

Renegade II
October 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'll do the caliper, but I can't guarantee when you will get the truck back.

Give me $30k and just keep it :lmao:

Jarhead
October 18th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Give me $30k and just keep it :lmao:

After the bill for the repair...let's see...the differance will be...:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Renegade II
October 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Looks like only 11 spots left and just 78 days until the ride :woot:

Ridgerunner
October 29th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Let it Snow :woot:

DDS4X4
October 29th, 2009, 07:11 PM
It is ... somewhere ... like COLORADO! :thumb:

Renegade II
October 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Let me get the Jeep ready, THEN let it snow :lmao:

Renegade II
October 30th, 2009, 10:54 PM
This is already posted on GL4X4, figure I'd put it up here:

THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT

All registrations post marked from October 30th or earlier will be accepted, do not send any more in.

DDS4X4
October 31st, 2009, 01:00 AM
Filled in 30 days!

SoFO must be doing it right, last year there were still spots open on Dec 14.

GREAT job guys and gals, see you in January.

Think SNOW!

X2 for Kelly too! :thumb::thumb:

WhiteRhino
October 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
Filled in 30 days!

Thaink SNOW!

Lots of Kudos to Kelly for keeping it promoted on the front page of his site.:thumb:

(actually it was the really cool video on the front page:blahblah::blahblah:)

Jarhead
October 31st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Thank You Each and Everyone. :thumb:

:yourock:

jeepfreak81
October 31st, 2009, 11:18 AM
Filled in 30 days!

Think SNOW!

X2 for Kelly too! :thumb::thumb:

Last year I registered in Dec.

This year I will be lucky if they postmarked my reg the right day! It was sent yesterday after work at the post office counter :banghead::idea::lmao:

MTUbronco
October 31st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to say on behalf of Sofo, thank you all for the support. Registration is indeed full and planning and preparation is in full swing to make this the best Snofari event yet!

sportsnut44
November 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Lots of Kudos to Kelly for keeping it promoted on the front page of his site.:thumb:

(actually it was the really cool video on the front page:blahblah::blahblah:)

yea lots of white YJ's in the video :ahhh::woot:

DDS4X4
November 9th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Event package arrived by snail mail today!

You guys could save on postage if you didn't include all that .... stuff, or do they pay you to include it???

See ya in January.

phittie1100
November 9th, 2009, 11:45 PM

You guys could save on postage if you didn't include all that .... stuff, or do they pay you to include it???

See ya in January.

I'm saving all of the brochures that were in my package, I am hoping the extra weight in my Jeep will give me extra traction!

Renegade II
November 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM

See ya in January.

I'm guessing the phamplets make for good community P.R. work and are helpful to those that have never been to West Branch.

......and for those of us that know the town well, if we get stuck out in the woods, we can use them to start our survival campfire :lmao:

jeepfreak81
November 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm guessing the phamplets make for good community P.R. work and are helpful to those that have never been to West Branch.

......and for those of us that know the town well, if we get stuck out in the woods, we can use them to start our survival campfire :lmao:

Gapping points maybe?

Jarhead
November 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Mike, you don't have time for this...it looks like you need to get a suspension and some wheels under that Jeep.
(JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket)

Renegade II
November 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Mike, you don't have time for this...it looks like you need to get a suspension and some wheels under that Jeep.
(JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket)

It'll be ready for SnoFari.

And from one owner to another, HUMMER=Hopelessly Underpowered Monstrocity Malfunctions Every Run :lmao:

DDS4X4
November 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Sizzle ... sizzle ... sizzle, OUCH that hurts! :laughing2:

By the way, is that Hummer going to run trails this weekend?? :unsure:

Jarhead
November 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
It'll be ready for SnoFari.

And from one owner to another, HUMMER=Hopelessly Underpowered Monstrocity Malfunctions Every Run :lmao:

AMEN!

Jarhead
November 11th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Sizzle ... sizzle ... sizzle, OUCH that hurts! :laughing2:

By the way, is that Hummer going to run trails this weekend?? :unsure:

I intend to drive it to Indiana...but I have to get there in one piece and I don't want to jinx it so I guess, I will just say, "I Hope So!" :lmao:

Renegade II
December 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Only 31 days away!

jeepfreak81
December 8th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Only 31 days away!

Come finish my flatty for me!

Renegade II
December 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Come finish my flatty for me!

We are given only so many hours in this life. Working on a second "early" would take two lifetimes :lmao:

I should have mine together this weekend if all goes well, you know how that goes though.

jeepfreak81
December 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
We are given only so many hours in this life. Working on a second "early" would take two lifetimes :lmao:

I should have mine together this weekend if all goes well, you know how that goes though.

I have more then I would like to do yet...

At least I *shouldn't* be working into the night the day before.

NightKrawler
December 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
It's getting close. Bring on the snow. We need a storm or 2 or 5!!!!

jeepfreak81
December 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
It's getting close. Bring on the snow. We need a storm or 2 or 5!!!!

I believe there is supposed to be one moving in tomorrow :woot:

phittie1100
December 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I don't know about the West Branch snow-cam, but the local Grand Blanc snow-cam isn't all that promising. Let it snow let it snow....

Renegade II
December 22nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Still only 8" of snow on the West Branch cam :-(

http://3bearlodge.net/images/Cam1/cam1-01.jpg

jeepfreak81
December 23rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Still only 8" of snow on the West Branch cam :-(

Maybe you can be at the front of the pack with the rest of us this year now... http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/smilies/teehee.gif

sportsnut44
December 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
the jeep is drivable now:thumb: and the top is back on :woot:

bring on the snow

ripp6957
December 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Hi, new guy here. Try as I might, I can't find out where this event will be! All I get is "this event is full". I'll be in Munising that weekend and am just wondering if I'll see ya'll. Have fun.... Mark the fireman

Creative Fab
December 25th, 2009, 02:11 PM
This is in West Branch, so you probably will miss us.

MrsRedRuby
December 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
So is there snow or not in West Branch? Just came home from the thumb and there wasn't any snow to speak of. Had more at the house in Brighton. We still have a couple of weeks for mother nature to do her thing!!!!!!

Jarhead
December 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi, new guy here. Try as I might, I can't find out where this event will be! All I get is "this event is full". I'll be in Munising that weekend and am just wondering if I'll see ya'll. Have fun.... Mark the fireman

The Event Headquarters is West Branch. So West Branch, Mio and Rose City are the areas being explored.

kb8ymf
December 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
So is there snow or not in West Branch? Just came home from the thumb and there wasn't any snow to speak of. Had more at the house in Brighton. We still have a couple of weeks for mother nature to do her thing!!!!!!

Actually snow depth is a funny thing. I've been up to W.B. when there was only a few inches on the ground by the freeway but once we got back into the woods on the real trails we found snow depths nearing 2 feet. Trees, even ones with no leaves, tend to shade the trails to a point the snow survives despite some of the weather conditions. The only problem we usually have is warm weather tends to crust over the snow. Then new snow falls over it. This can sometimes lead to the most difficult trail conditions.
j-kb8ymf

Renegade II
December 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I spent the last couple days in Mio and we had rain & 33+ degree weather for most of a day and over night. It really melted off a lot of snow, but put down a hard layer of ice when it froze again. It was snowing a little when I left and looks like the ice will be waiting beneath the snow for us. Should make for some tricky trail driving.

uncleedsjeep
December 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Wondering if there is any room left. We got the $$$$$$ in to late and did not make the cut. Anyone cancel and open a slot?

MTUbronco
December 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
As of today the run is still full. If a spot opens up I'll be sure to let everyone know.

kb8ymf
December 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Wondering if there is any room left. We got the $$$$$$ in to late and did not make the cut. Anyone cancel and open a slot?

PM kixx007 and see if there are any cancellations. Usually a few drop out at the last minute.
jim-kb8ymf

MTUbronco
December 28th, 2009, 01:41 AM
As of Sunday the 27 there are no cancellations. I am the registration and event coordinator for Sofo on this event. I'll be sure to post of anyone cancels.

uncleedsjeep
December 30th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks Jim Thanks Bronco. I will stay tuned and see if anyone cancels.
Ed

Bishop
January 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
anyone going up Thursday?
I'm hoping to leave in the am if the girlfriend can get it off work. who will be there and is anyone hitting any trails?

DDS4X4
January 4th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Two of us coming from NW OH.
Arrive about dinner time Thursday PM.
Tenative plan to run some trails on Friday AM.

Swampdog02
January 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I have 2 tickets and 1 Rig Spot available for Snofari this weekend.
Looking for Face Value of $110 buck, and Cash only.

No Room with that, you'll have to make your own arrangements for sleeping.

I'm leaving for Snofari Thursday Night by 6:00pm.
If your interested PM me.

Thanks,
SD

drzjoint
January 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
how much snow was on the ground down in west branch?

WhiteRhino
January 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM
how much snow was on the ground down in west branch?

Anywhere from 8 to 16. My group experienced the lesser amounts.

Jarhead
January 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I trust someone (or several) are writing articles for to be Published in the Boondocker :poke:

phittie1100
January 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Anywhere from 8 to 16. My group experienced the lesser amounts.

Even when I tried to get creative and find some new snow way out on the W end of our approved map, we were only breaking 8-12 inches of new snow. Of course that came to an end when my trail turned into a lake.....

Kixx007
January 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I trust someone (or several) are writing articles for to be Published in the Boondocker :poke:

Boondocker? I didn't know it still existed!

Jarhead
January 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Boondocker? I didn't know it still existed!

I know the woman that delivers your mail and directed your mail to the neighbors house.

Leave it alone or I'll have to post your Sno-Fari strategy meeting photos when you were in the hot tub filled with cold water and everything looked small. :rolleyes:

MTUbronco
January 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hey everyone, sorry about the delay but if you attended Snofari and didn't get a chance to fill out the exit survey here it is. All forms can be e-mail to sofomich@gmail.com or mailed to myself.

Eric Elberling
31471 Bobrich
Livonia, MI 48152

Thank you all again for participating!

oz97tj
January 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hey SoFO, anybody planning on doing an article for the Boondocker? If so, please email it. Thanks!

MTUbronco
January 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM
What would be the deadline for submissions?

oz97tj
January 30th, 2010, 11:27 PM
What would be the deadline for submissions?

The Boondocker should be getting mailed out the week or so prior to the next quarterly so you have time. The next quarterly is the beginning of April.