PDA

View Full Version : Fall Tour Anyone?

sumpter1
August 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I am an ATV guy so I do very little full size stuff. But I was wondering if there are any plans to do a Fall Color Tour - something easy that my stock Liberty can handle?

Greenway
August 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Check out the Hallowheeling event. We had a great time last year and are looking forward to this year. We hit the color just right and the weather too.

Trails around the area are all sandy two track. No problems for a liberty. You may get a few branch pinstripes though. There are no organized trail ridws but there are a lot of people there who like to just head out in the woods or over to the St Helens scramble area. Make sure you have an ORV sticker for the St Helens area.

oz97tj
August 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I was thinking about getting some people together to go to the UP, but then I was invited to go with a group in about a week so that's way too soon.

I still may try to organize something. West Branch is always a good location. I may try to go someplace else though. I'll post something up when I figure it out.

If all else fails and I don't "organize" something, get with me anyway. One way or another, I will be going and doing a little wheeling when the leaves change. You can join me.

DDS4X4
August 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
MAYBE one of the TROLLS would offer to lead a Fall Color Tour along their usual route???

Rattler
August 6th, 2009, 05:38 AM
MAYBE one of the TROLLS would offer to lead a Fall Color Tour along their usual route???

The wife and I have been on a couple of the Trolls Fall Color Tours (one was "colorless" thanks to snow) and had a great time on both. Hopefully they have another this year. They skipped last year.:wah:

sumpter1
August 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Very good. I know some of the members of atvoffroad have been on the Trolls ride but I have never made one. I am trying to plan something the wife would enjoy as well. She is not much for riding atv's.

WhiteRhino
August 6th, 2009, 09:18 AM
The Troll's fall color tour has been a great outing for many years.

T-Way?
Timbercruiser?

shaker
August 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Check out the Hallowheeling event. We had a great time last year and are looking forward to this year. We hit the color just right and the weather too.

Trails around the area are all sandy two track. No problems for a liberty. You may get a few branch pinstripes though. There are no organized trail ridws but there are a lot of people there who like to just head out in the woods or over to the St Helens scramble area. Make sure you have an ORV sticker for the St Helens area.

x2 There will no doubt be some trail rides go out, just watch who your trail leader is and ask them what their plans are for difficulty of trails.

yj_hank
August 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I was thinking of heading to Drummond Island when the colors change up there. I had a great time in the spring there and it seems like the fall colors would be beautiful.

Henry

phittie1100
August 6th, 2009, 04:32 PM
The WLB "color run" is scheduled for Oct 17. We usually head to West Branch and/or St Helen for the day.

We are a bunch of elitist snobbs - our events are not open to the public, but I bet I know someone who could invite you as a guest....

Rattler
August 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM
The WLB "color run" is scheduled for Oct 17. We usually head to West Branch and/or St Helen for the day.

We are a bunch of elitist snobbs - our events are not open to the public, but I bet I know someone who could invite you as a guest....

Elitist snobs? I like you guys already! Although the "color" run part isn't politically correct. Shouldn't it be a "Fall" run?:confused:

Too bad I have a wedding in TC that weekend.:wah:

akojsp
August 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I am not sure how long or advanced the trails are, but there are a lot of seasonal roads along M22 from Manistee to Leelanau Peninsula. This stretch of road runs along Lake Michigan. It is very hilly and curvy. The paved road is a beautiful trip in itself. Is anyone familiar with the trails around there. That would be a good run I would think. The old lady might enjoy the wine tasting up there too.

oz97tj
August 7th, 2009, 01:31 AM
akojsp, welcome!

Greenway
August 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Jeff, glad to see you here.

phittie1100
August 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Elitist snobs? I like you guys already! Although the "color" run part isn't politically correct. Shouldn't it be a "Fall" run?:confused:

It's probably for the best anyway - although we allow lesser 4x4 vehicles on our runs (ownership of a Jeep-brand vehicle is a requirement of WLB membership) the only vehicle that has failed to complete our "fall" run under it's own power was the only non-Jeep that has ever joined us. Wouldn't want you tempting fate!

shaker
August 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Well, all brands (even the "lesser" ones) are welcome to hollowheeling. There will be plenty of people to meet, and lots of fun things going on. From trail rides to a spook walk, and a challenging course on private property for everyone from stock to heavily modified.

It would be great to see you there. :wave:

Rattler
August 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM
It's probably for the best anyway - although we allow lesser 4x4 vehicles on our runs (ownership of a Jeep-brand vehicle is a requirement of WLB membership) the only vehicle that has failed to complete our "fall" run under it's own power was the only non-Jeep that has ever joined us. Wouldn't want you tempting fate!

Maybe I will get an FJ-40 "Jeep"!

timbercruiser
August 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
The Troll's fall color tour has been a great outing for many years.

T-Way?
Timbercruiser?

We'll let you know after our next meeting.

MrsRedRuby
August 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Would love to run with the Trolls again.........hint hint :poke:

DDS4X4
August 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Me Too :thumb:

Jarhead
August 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Me Too :thumb:

Me three...:thumb:

Rattler
August 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Its unanimous! Trolls get to work!!!

timbercruiser
August 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'll talk to my people. We'll do lunch.

BlueJay
August 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I'm not a Troll but am not to far away.Went on the last color tour and had a great time. I'm not sure whats involved but would be willing to lend a hand to see a Troll's color tour again!
So where can i find out more about this "hollowheeling"?

MrsRedRuby
August 24th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I know we would really love to run with the Troll's again. What can we do to make this happen?????????? :wave:

Jarhead
August 25th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm not a Troll but am not to far away.Went on the last color tour and had a great time. I'm not sure whats involved but would be willing to lend a hand to see a Troll's color tour again!
So where can i find out more about this "hollowheeling"?

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?p=52260#post52260

timbercruiser
August 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
We have some tentative plans for a color tour, but this is NOT an official announcement.
Standby for further information.

JerryD
August 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Instead of "color", maybe it could be the "Rainbow Run"... whaddaya think Paul? :cool:

(back to lurk mode...)

MrsRedRuby
August 25th, 2009, 09:24 PM
We have some tentative plans for a color tour, but this is NOT an official announcement.

:yourock:

phittie1100
August 26th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Instead of "color", maybe it could be the "Rainbow Run"... whaddaya think Paul? :cool:

(back to lurk mode...)

Autumnal Equinox outdoor activities? :slap:

Jarhead
August 27th, 2009, 08:26 AM
:ahhh:

:ahhh:

dustyxj
August 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
:troll: I have been out doing some scouting recently... just trying to string some good sections togother to get a nice route... should have some details soon. :thumb:

DDS4X4
August 30th, 2009, 11:09 AM
October 3 might be a GREAT date???

Rattler
August 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM

10th is ideal for me. Not sure how much color there is that early though. I think the last 2 the Trolls did we attended were near the end of Oct.

T-way
August 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
No....my birthday is on the 8th, and the colors are usually best the weekend that falls the closest to my birthday. I won't be available on the 3rd, because I'm getting married that day!!

:woot:

And I'll be in the UP on the 10th, so I'm not available that weekend. But I'm sure the ride will probably be one of those weekends to insure good color (have fun without me!), but I don't know because I haven't been privy to any of this planning that is apparently going on!

Rattler
August 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
No....my birthday is on the 8th, and the colors are usually best the weekend that falls the closest to my birthday. I won't be available on the 3rd, because I'm getting married that day!!

And I'll be in the UP on the 10th, so I'm not available that weekend. But I'm sure the ride will probably be one of those weekends to insure good color (have fun without me!), but I don't know because I haven't been privy to any of this planning that is apparently going on!

Hopefully not another "colorless" tour!

Jarhead
August 31st, 2009, 07:23 AM

I need to confirm our Association's visit to Twisted Trails on the 3rd...otherwise the 3rd would be good to throw a color tour together as it is the day before the quarterly (hint, hint).

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=8314

timbercruiser
August 31st, 2009, 10:01 AM

There is mutiny afoot:ninja: (couldn't find a pirate smilie)

MrsRedRuby
August 31st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Did I read T-Way is getting married???? Congrats!!!!!! :woot:

Gee...........honeymoon or fall color tour........hmmmmm

Enjoy the honeymoon you two :thumb:

T-way
August 31st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Actually...it's not really a "honeymoon"!!!

We booked the same cabin in the UP where I proposed to her in June, before we set the wedding date for the previous weekend!! So, we'll be going away for a long weekend the weekend after we get married.

There's talk of a "real" honeymoon at a later time.

And obviously yes........I'm getting married to the most awesome woman in the world!

:woot::woot::woot:

MrsRedRuby
August 31st, 2009, 11:35 PM
oops my bad...........forgot to wish you a happy birthday T-way

dustyxj
September 2nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Check out this link for more color tour info.... it's on..... new route this year.

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=8514