PDA

View Full Version : Lets Keep Yogi's Pig Gig ALIVE!!!!!

LuckyCharm4x4
July 24th, 2009, 11:28 PM
For those of you who don't know, there have been some complications with the Pig Gig for 2009. I spoke with R&V park owner Ron Price today and we are still interested in keeping this going. There are some complications in politics and legalities so if we want to do this thing we'll have to play ball.

When:
Friday, August 14 - Sunday 16th

Where:
Rocks and Valleys Offroad Park
http://rocksandvalleys.com/
3407 E. Mannsiding Road
Harrison, MI 48625
IMPORTANT: Bring a printed, filled out, and signed waiver for each day you'll be in the park, even if not wheeling http://rocksandvalleys.com/Rocks_Valleys_Off-Road_Waiver.pdf

Itinerary:
Thursday
- Show up any time after 4pm to set up camp
- There will be no wheeling on Thursday
- Campfire at dusk @ central firepit
Friday
- Wheeling 10am-7pm
Saturday
- Wheeling 10am-7pm
- Pot Luck Dinner (See Potluck Section) at 6pm
Sunday
- Wheeling 10am-5pm
- Pack up and go home by 6pm

Potluck guidelines:
- Each group will bring a dish to pass
- If you plan on coming but not joining in the potluck then let me know and how many are in your party just so we can let the park owners know an estimated headcount
- If you don't see you or your group's name below (on the next post) then you aren't eating with us.
- There is a possibility for a pig but it would have to be prepaid and figured out on the side

Camping:
- FREE On-site Rustic, no electric or water, for this event.
- Tents and campers are welcomed
- Bring your own seats and tables
- There is a central fire ring for people to meet and talk to others.
- Smaller fires, bonfires, grills and camp stoves will be welcomed near your camping area.
- Drinking alcohol allowed in camping area after your done wheeling. Once you open your done wheeling for the day
- No running water on site. But might be able to use ski lodge kitchen for cleaning dishes.
- Port-o-poties available
- Lots of firewood on prop. may need to cut it as needed.

Prices:
- Standard Park Rates Apply
$20/day per truck and one passenger
2-day special event pass $35/vehicle (Saturday standard passenger fees apply, Sunday passengers ride free)
3-day event pass $50/vehicle (Saturday standard passenger fees apply, Sunday passengers ride free)
$5 for each additional passenger
12 years and under free
- Non-wheeling campers - FREE (must have waiver signed for each day though)
- Vehicle Park Flags - $15

Notes:
- Only the potluck meal will be organized, all other meals will be BYOF, Cook it yourself and bring enough for you and your group.
- I'd like to thank the guys at Rocks and Valleys for offering their park to us for the weekend and working through this dilemma in these hard times with us!
- Thank you Yogi for working so hard to keep these going for so long! I hope that the Pig Gigs stay alive!!!
- After the event, please fill out the tailgate report @ GLFWDA! http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=tailgate

Thanks for all the help,
~Bry

LuckyCharm4x4
July 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Official Pig Gig Attendies PM me with your plans!

Potluck Dinner Attendies:
Username or Group (total number of how many in your party) - what you are bringing and how much
LJLtrucking (2) - Hotdogs, mac and cheese, coleslaw
LuckyCharm4x4 (2) - 50? Pigs in a blanket
NightKrawler (3) - cooler full of pop and water
Thrca (2) - something tasty???? possibly bringing the mobile kitchen!
HavenSOV (3) - ....?

People coming but not partaking in the pot luck
Username (number in party)

0llllll0
July 25th, 2009, 08:03 AM
ORIGINAL: 3 day pass for the park $45 OR $15 A DAY THATS $5 OFF OF THE REG PRICE PER RIG
CAMPING $5 A NIGHT per tent or camper

NOW: Prices:
- Standard Park Rates Apply
$20/day per truck and one passenger
2-day special event pass $35/vehicle (Saturday standard passenger fees apply, Sunday passengers ride free)
3-day event pass $50/vehicle (Saturday standard passenger fees apply, Sunday passengers ride free)
$5 for each additional passenger
12 years and under free
- Non-wheeling campers - FREE (must have waiver signed for each day though)
- Vehicle Park Flags - $15

I have been planning on attending this event now for a while, but it changes everyday... NO PIG?? The original price for the park was $15 per vehicle a day now it's $20 with only one passenger??? I have 3 jeeps that are planning to go for this weekend but now it looks like I need to contact Rocks and Vallyes to figure out the real price :banghead:

LuckyCharm4x4
July 27th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have been planning on attending this event now for a while, but it changes everyday... NO PIG?? The original price for the park was $15 per vehicle a day now it's $20 with only one passenger??? I have 3 jeeps that are planning to go for this weekend but now it looks like I need to contact Rocks and Vallyes to figure out the real price :banghead:

Originally there was a $30 pig gig fee, there was a $5/night camping fee and then you had to pay the park pass fee as well. Now there is only one fee, and that is the park pass fee. I too noticed that the prices and plans kept changing and I was unclear of what was really going on, then I found out there might not be a pig, that is when I called R&V and Between Ron Price(park owner) and I we came up with the above prices.

I will probably not be able to keep up with this thread, so most information will be covered at http://www.michiganwheelers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13936

~Bry

luvitmyjeep
August 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
:thumb: can't wait!

LuckyCharm4x4
August 13th, 2009, 08:49 AM
just for the record, campint got changed to $5/unit/night

~Bry