PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Sportsmen's Day at the Capitol

Jarhead
July 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM
The 2007-2008 Legislative Session saw action on a wide range of outdoor recreation and gun rights legislation. With the re-combination of the DNR & DEQ and anticipated consideration of a variety of other natural resource policy and Second Amendment issues, the 2009-2010 Legislative Session is expected to be even busier. Make sure your organization's voice is heard by participating in face-to-face meetings with legislators and other policy makers at the 2009 Sportsmen's Day at the Capitol. This year's event will be hosted jointly by State Representative Joel Sheltrown, Michigan United Conservation Clubs and the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners.

Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Time: 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Groups can begin to set up at 8 a.m.

Simply attending the event is free and open to anyone and everyone.

We have made the arrangements to participate in this years event, please come show your Support for Our Sport if you get the chance.

Jarhead
August 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM
This is our first outing at the Capital in far to many years, Your Association needs your help for we need to Shine!

Please come and attend.

Icemanii
August 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Depending on when they schedule my 'visit', I could make this. Will know for sure after the 13th.

DDS4X4
September 13th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Ok, time for details, if you can provide any?

Arrival time
Parking location
Items to bring
Tentative schedule for the day
Lunch plans
Wrap up/head home time

And anything else and "outsider" should know

THANKS!

Jarhead
September 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, time for details, if you can provide any?

Arrival time
Parking location
Items to bring
Tentative schedule for the day
Lunch plans
Wrap up/head home time

And anything else and "outsider" should know

THANKS!

Arrival time: Our thoughts as to arrival time for those that were going to participate at the table(s) is 7:30 AM at the Best Western located at 7711 W Saginaw Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917. They we would convoy to the Capital.

I wrote the "(s)" on table as we still have some unresolved issues as it pertains to a lawn display following 9/11 andsome security issues.

Parking location: will be as close to the capital as we can get.

Items to bring: GLFWDA T-Shirt, Polo or something to signify you as a full-size use.

Tentative schedule for the day: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM is the actual event.

Lunch plans: None

Wrap up/head home time: Right after a stop at BW's for a bit of a refreshment.

And anything else an "outsider" should know: Just Show Your Support for Our Sport If You Can!

DDS4X4
September 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Not going to make it guys, SORRY!

T-way
September 21st, 2009, 09:03 PM
I can't make it either....work's got me buried!!!

:wah:

Jarhead
September 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM
We will work with what we have...

timbercruiser
September 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks to those who are there!!!

I know you will do a great job.:thumb:

phittie1100
September 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Having more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

oz97tj
September 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Sorry I forgot about this! Hope it went well.

sumpter1
September 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks to those that attended!

Jarhead
September 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
This was our first shot at it and we learned a few things for next years event and will be prepare specifically for it. All was not lost as we had about thirty legislators that passed through the halls/tables.

The napkin discussions as to where do want to be in five and ten years; South East Scramble Area; 811; 240; and the make up of who should sit on the ORV Advisory Board made for a worth while venture.

This is an example of your Association working for you. And just as a reminder, each volunteer absorbed all costs personally in additon to having to take a day's vacation for being there. I cannot say Thank You enough to those who took their personal time and monies to help our Association.

DDS4X4
September 23rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks :thumb: to those who stepped up and helped our Sport :yourock:

I am sorry I had to withdraw at a late date due to medical issues on the home front.

T-way
September 23rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
YES!! THANK YOU to all of the members who took the time and spent the money and vacation time to represent our Association and the sport.

You guys rock, and are all part of the glue that holds the fabric of our Association together!!!

:yourock::thumb: