PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association Fall Quarterly Membership Meeting

Jarhead
July 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association Fall Quarterly Membership Meeting

Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Membership Meeting Starts at 9:00 AM (Committee Meetings will start at 8:00 AM)

Will be held at:
CenterPointe Building
12935 S. West Bayshore Dr.
Traverse City MI 49684
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=44.791071&lon=-85.637453&zoom=16&tt=Center%20Pointe&tp=1&q1=12935%2520S.%2520West%2520Bayshore%2520Dr.%2520 Traverse%2520City%2520MI%252049684

Committee Meetings will start at 8:00 AM

If you are interested in off-road opportunity on Saturday, October 3: check out: Twisted Trails Off Road Park: http://www.offroadlands.com/park.asp?pid=581

For those needing a place to stay:

Holiday Inn West Bay
615 E Front St
Traverse City, Michigan 49686
Reservations: (231) 947-3700

http://www.tcwestbay.com/

Jarhead
September 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Okay, here are some updated details:

Tim Tull has offered to present his video series to each Member that attends the Quarterly Membership Meeting. :woot:
http://www.ventureoffroad.com/

The Trolls Fall Color Tour will be our Ride opportunity the day before the Quarterly Membership Meeting. :thumb:
http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=8514

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=8508

HOPE To See You There! :poke:

:wave:

DieselMTU
September 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
:thumb:

DDS4X4
September 23rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
OK, am I the only one who sees a conflict in the times listed above? :ahhh:

Committee meetings at 8 AM or 9 AM? :poke:

Since I'll be staying in the area from the FABULOUS Trolls Fall Color Tour, I won't miss the meeting, just need clarification on when they start?? :blahblah:

See ya soon! :wave:

phittie1100
September 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
If 8am is correct, are committee meetings going to be at the conference center, or down the road at (fill in your favorite breakfast place in TC)?

Jarhead
September 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
OK, am I the only one who sees a conflict in the times listed above? :ahhh:

Committee meetings at 8 AM or 9 AM? :poke:

Since I'll be staying in the area from the FABULOUS Trolls Fall Color Tour, I won't miss the meeting, just need clarification on when they start?? :blahblah:

See ya soon! :wave:

If 8am is correct, are committee meetings going to be at the conference center, or down the road at (fill in your favorite breakfast place in TC)?

Thank you for pointing out my oversight which lead to the conflicting times.

General Membership Meeting Starts at 9:00 AM
(Committee Meetings will start at 8:00 AM)

Tim said he would have coffee by 7:30 AM at the conference center.

DDS4X4
September 24th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for confirming the meeting times ... but now Paul has asked another important question when and where is breakfast! (because coffee don't work as breakfast for ME) :ahhh:

Jarhead
September 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks for confirming the meeting times ... but now Paul has asked another important question when and where is breakfast! (because coffee don't work as breakfast for ME) :ahhh:

Big Boy Restaurant (opens at 6:30 AM)
3828 N Us-31 S, Traverse City, MI 49684

http://local.yahoo.com/info-16487227-big-boy-restaurants-traverse-city;_ylc=X1MDMjAyMjQ2NzAxMQRfcgMyBF9zAzk2NjEzNzcw BGFjY3RpZANbb2JqZWN0IE9iamVjdF0EZ2lkAzE2NDg3MjI3BH NlYwNhbGdvBHNsawNtb3Jl

DDS4X4
September 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM
We'll plan to be there by 7 AM!

phittie1100
September 25th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I'm in see you 7am

FaselZ71
September 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
You guys are gonna have to be careful I've heard some not so nice things about our local big boy... so just be careful please I'd hate to see your trip to my part of the state ruined by bad food and when I say bad food if any of you fellas have ever seen the movie "Waiting" you know what I'm talking about. Although that was about 2 yrs ago they may have changed but I still won't eat there.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper I'm just giving a friendly heads up. A really good place to eat breakfast is our local CrackerBarrel it's on US31 (same road as big boy) an they open at 6am... Just a friendly suggestion from a local!! :thumb:

DDS4X4
September 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Guess I should read closer, I was thinking Bob Evans.
Big Boy has never been one of my favorite dining experiences, but I'll go with the masses.
Now Cracker Barrel is on my regular traveling list of places to eat!

What say the group? Local information is always a GREAT thing to rely on.

Thanks for the tip!

FaselZ71
September 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Local information is always a GREAT thing to rely on.

Thanks for the tip!

No problem I'm glad I could help.

Jarhead
September 27th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the INFO...see you at Cracker Barrel.

FaselZ71
September 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Ok so Cracker Barrel it is although I'm not gonna be able to make it to Cracker Barrel I have prior early morning commitments however I'll be at centerpoint at 830ish (I'll be the guy in the beat up little white mitsubishi) now are we meeting at the main entrance or the lower parking lot? For those of you that are unfamiliar with the area the main entrance is just past speedway on the right hand side of the road... Also are children allowed to attend? My sitter backed out on me. I can find another but if not would it be ok?

P.S. Some more local info West Bayshore Drive a.k.a. M-22 N (the road that center point is on) is a 40MPH zone so please be careful the local police keep a good eye on that part of the road...

phittie1100
September 29th, 2009, 10:29 PM
when they hosted our Tread Lightly training a couple of years ago we went in through the lower entrance, not sure of the specific arrangements for Sunday though.

We often have future 4 wheelers at our meetings, although I think my son is going to ditch me this weekend and stay home with Momma.

FaselZ71
September 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Ok because I have no other sitter for sunday she's behaves quite well for her age and she loves muddy trucks so I'm sure she be entertained... The only thing is she's alittle over 2 that's why I asked... And my wife workes sundays so this is the only option otherwise I can't attend... And for the sake of curiousity how long are the meetings? Is it an all day event or just a few hours? I really don't wanna be a pain in the rear so please if you think it's gonna be bothersome let me know I just really wanna see what it's all about... Even if I only make a short appearance. Thanks for your patience in helping out this newb!! lol

DDS4X4
September 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Bring her and stay as long or little as you like, she won't be a problem for us, more likely a problem for Dad and she'll let you know when she has had enough of meeting time.
Meeting SHOULD conclude before noon! :thumb:

However, and not to scare you, I have been to some marathon meetings that lasted until after suppertime! Granted that was a LLOOOONNNGG time ago.
I have been coming to these meetings for way too long ... decades!

FaselZ71
September 30th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Ok awesome!!!:thumb: Marathon meetings man that's crazy...

Jarhead
September 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I don't do marathon meetings (point-of-order).

Several us bring kids from time-to-time, mine usally make the most noise.

Proposed Agenda attached:

FaselZ71
October 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
Awesome sounds like a fun filled day... So have we figured out if it's the lower entrance or the upper? I'm stoked for sunday I got approval for the day off from the boss along time ago... see you all on sunday!!!:woot:

Jarhead
October 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
... So have we figured out if it's the lower entrance or the upper? ...

The one that's unlocked :lmao:

I don't know as I have never been to the building. :confused: