View Full Version : report from ORV advisory board meeting

Creative Fab
November 10th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Once again there was nothing for the fullsize crowd in the meat of the meeting.

A lot of time was wasted on issues not really related to core mission of the advisory board, which I was lead to believe prior to the meeting that this would not be the case.

We as grant sponsors used to get the grant apps. for review prior to our ORV monies getting alocated, this is no longer the case. Last night we didnt even get copies of the 2006 grant releases and chairman Rainey only asked a few questions regarding money not given out. I would like some explanation about monies that are going out!

Chairman Rainey is also pushing for an increase in our ORV sticker fee to $25.50 by 2008. This would increase the amount going to ORV saftey education for the youth and add 25% more trail. Trail is 50" wide, therefore leaving us paying top dollar for an ORV sticker and recieving nothing from it as we cant squeeze down a 50" trail. Screwed again :BangHead:

There has also been some legislation put forth to widen the 50"trail to 60" for the new breed of buggies that are selling briskly. The Yamaha Rhino being of that type has its owners yearning for the same experience as the quad and bike crowd. This has been met with great opposition from the ATV and bike people and just last week this bit of legislation was taken off the house floor.

These folks want a place to ride and the routes would be a good place, if the routes were not designed as shortcuts for the 50" trail. We need to be onboard in making the routes a destination and or a loop type of trail. This could benefit us wider users all around.

Also the Gladwin trail and route on the North side of M61 will remain closed, this is very disturbing considering it is the first rail system off I 75 coming from downstate. Making it the most used as well, good job keeping it closed DNR :bigemo_harabe_net-122: