PDA

View Full Version : DNR's ORV Safety Training Subcommittee

Trail_Fanatic
July 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM
GLFWDA was invited to attend a meeting of the DNR's ORV Safety Training Subcommittee today. The GLFWDA Land Use Committee reiterated the need for 4x4 driving and SAFE extraction technique training to be included in both the Safety Training Manual and the more readily available ORV Handbook. The information was well received. Many possibilities were discussed from hands on training to online training and the merits and pitfalls of each were enumerated.

LED will be sending several of its more prominent ORV Training Officers to receive accredited training in each form of ORV. The GLFWDA LUC was asked to contact LED to schedule a 4WD Awareness Class so that the officers may also learn safe operation and extraction techniques for a full-sized 4x4 vehicle. The LUC will be in contact with the GLFWDA Awareness Coordinator.

Unfortunately, program desires are high and the budget is very low.
It will be interesting to see what compromise between the two will yield for the final program.

GLFWDA will keep you abreast of any further developments.

DDS4X4
July 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
We can discuss it at the Quarterly, But I will assist Abe, if required and if available.

Jarhead
July 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
This is yet another opportunity to get our foot in the door and acquire new friends...we will work this out.

Icemanii
July 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a great opportunity for us.:thumb:

T-way
July 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I would be more than willing to help out if this comes to fruition. I have a public speaking / teaching background, so it's right up my alley!

:thumb:

TOOLTIME
July 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, this is great for GLFDWA...
I hope someday soon our ATV club can get our foot in the door with the right people too....
Working on it:thumb: