PDA

View Full Version : Over-zealous DNR officer?

cc
June 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=140027

Jarhead
June 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Thank You for the heads up Kelly, I intend to monitor the thread to see what course of action the individuals take.

Trail_Fanatic
June 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
And it's in my back yard.
I'm on the phone with them.

WhiteRhino
June 29th, 2009, 09:49 AM
If this ticket sticks, it sure adds a new dimension to what they are ticketing. The phrase about "jeep 4x4" interests me. I wonder if they would ticket a Prius or smart car?????

navy-jeepster
June 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks Pat for asking for UFWDA help on this issue.

I am researching info on how the ticket on the Rubicon was won a few years ago.

I will pass that on as I get it.

Todd

MiNi Beast
June 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
yeah was irritating when you knew more about the trails then the officer writing the ticket.

navy-jeepster
June 29th, 2009, 07:16 PM
here is a thread on Pirate about an issue with a ticket.
Some of the info on how they fought it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615320&highlight=rubicon+ticket

I am getting more info from Del and others involved in the fight to win.

Todd

shaker
June 29th, 2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=140027

The link does not work for me.

DDS4X4
June 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
BOTH links work for me.

Icemanii
June 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
here is a thread on Pirate about an issue with a ticket.
Some of the info on how they fought it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615320&highlight=rubicon+ticket

I am getting more info from Del and others involved in the fight to win.

Todd

Excellent, thanks for helping get more info. Is Del back from his border-to-border trip yet? Perhaps the OP who received the ticket can start gathering the info he needs, maps, GPS coordinates, photos, etc.

Jarhead
June 30th, 2009, 11:22 AM
There are a few of us that have spoken with the folks involved and we will be doing whatever we can to assist them as they prepare to goto court. Yes, they intend to have their day in court and we will be there with them.

MiNi Beast
June 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Appreciate the help guys, I didn't get the ticket but was out there and one of the ones that knew the area and feel partly responsible so helping them myself to win this as these trails I've rode since I was a kid.

navy-jeepster
July 1st, 2009, 01:07 AM
Del is over on the coast sight seeing.

I can call him if needed.
We have emailed about this subject.

I can send what I got today from Randii, who was at the hearing about the ticket on the Rubicon.

This is from Randy Burleson about the ticket hearing.

We provided detailed maps of the area, but in the end, it wound up being USFS’ word vs. the driver’s word, and we were at an impasse, until the judge elected to trust Dave’s girlfriend. USFS has said that he was parked/camped way down by the lake, and Jamie said that they walked up to the trail, walked down to the lake, and then walked back to camp, all in well under five minutes.

We presented professionally, but in the end, what swung the Judge’s opinion, IMHO, was that a cute blonde girl without much stake in the proceedings made an offhand comment that put context around the length of the walk, and thus, the shortness of the distance they were parked/camped from the main trail, and without strong evidence either way, the judge went with his gut.

It ain’t sexy, and doesn’t help much with case law, but in the end, a win is a win.

Randii

Trail_Fanatic
July 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
Actually, I understand the Judge's reasoning.

I don't think we need to bother Del with this quite yet.
Let's see what Carla has to offer when she gets back to the office.
We'd spoken about the possibility of this very thing happening a couple of times during our Forest Plan Appeal and MVUM discussions. I think it might actually help her with the Washington NFS Folks because she can hold it up and say "See, told you this would happen."

THANKS for your help!

Rattler
July 3rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
You may want to correct the thread title. It was a USFS agent and not a DNR CO that wrote the ticekt if I understand right.