PDA

View Full Version : Newbie started at Drummond Island

Geo
June 22nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Did our first Jamboree. Had never been offroading before. Have a 2005 TJ with 32s and a 2" lift. Had a great time. Met a lot of great people including Pat Brower. He was one of our trail guides and did a great job . He suggested I look here and at other sites to learn and find a club to join. Looking forward to more. We have never been offroading and find it is hard to explain to people, but my wife and I are hooked. Thanks to all at the Jeep Jamboree for the great introduction to Jeeping. George & Mickey

oz97tj
June 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Welcome.

Renegade II
June 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Hello & welcome :wave:

DDS4X4
June 23rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
WELCOME :wave:

Jarhead
June 23rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
:wave:Hello George & Mickey, Welcome aboard!

DieselMTU
June 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
:wave:

joe_jeep
June 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
i was introduced to wheeling on drummond island also. been going there since i was a baby. i got introduced to GLFWDA at the drummond off road adventure a few years ago. if your looking to have a good time again soon check it out. you will see alot of the same crowd. drummond is very nice.

welcome to GLFWDA!
get involved, we could use your help.

T-way
June 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome....as prevoiusly stated, the DOA run in August will give you another taste of Drummond Island without paying the high price of a Jeep Jamboree.

Also - several GLFWDA members make trips to the island throughout the summer and fall, and usually post when they're going in case others want to tag along. Just another good reason to keep your eyes on the forum!!

:thumb:

joe_jeep
June 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
the DOA run in August will give you another taste of Drummond Island without paying the high price of a Jeep Jamboree.:thumb:

yes its "much" cheaper to go on the d.o.a. check out turtle ridge if you havent already.

Trail_Fanatic
June 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Hi George and Mickey!

Sorry it took me this long to find your post, but I came home to a burned out hard drive and had to spend all last week getting the new one installed and loaded with all my programing.

It was GREAT to have you in my group on the trails.
You drive well. Heck, everyone in the group did pretty good this year!
Hope to see you again soon!

Living in West Michigan, try the following links for a club near you:

www.TwoTrackers.Org
www.TwoTrackers.Com