PDA

View Full Version : Not a "newb" but things have changed.

USMC 0369
June 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
I've made my triumphant return to Michigan!!!

I was greeted by two nights of thunderstorms and my YJ had over two inches of water in it the second day we were here.

Currently living in Olivet area...waiting for retirement pay to kick in and to start school this winter simester. Top it off....Have to borrow my dad's computer to get online... :ironman: Mine is in storage.

Well, the adventure begins. NOT exactly my idea of a great start...

rentalrider
June 21st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Welcome back! And thanks for your service :thumb:

Jarhead
June 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Ah, it is good to hear you have landed on Michigan soil. Being a civvy takes time....I retired thirteen years ago and I am still adjusting according to the missus.

Renegade II
June 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Alright, quit wasting your retirement setting around. Silver Lake dune run July 19-25 Be there :lmao:

Thanks for your service and welcome back :thumb:

joe_jeep
June 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
welcome back to michigan! see ya on the trail soon:thumb:.

DieselMTU
June 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Welcome home!

USMC 0369
June 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the "welcome home". This is going to take some getting used to for sure. But nothing I can't deal with.

First thing I've noticed is all the little knicks and scrapes on the YJ that I never worried about before have already got surface cancer on them. Must get out there and do some maintenance quickly.

oz97tj
June 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Welcome back. After seeing you one here for so long, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

DDS4X4
June 23rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
WELCOME :wave:

calvynandhobbs
June 23rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Welcome back to Michigan. Hopefully in another year I'll find myself back there too and not just traveling there to visit my family.

USMC 0369
June 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Welcome back to Michigan. Hopefully in another year I'll find myself back there too and not just traveling there to visit my family.

Just a note, don't do what I did and come to MI without having a job lined up already. Holy crap this sucks!!

Anyone have a security position available??? LOL

Renegade II
June 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Just a note, don't do what I did and come to MI without having a job lined up already. Holy crap this sucks!!

Anyone have a security position available??? LOL

Our jail corrections top out @ 50k, not sure what starting is. Kind of a hike from Olivet though.

T-way
June 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome back to the mitten!! Thanks for your service to our country!!

:thumb::yourock:

USMC 0369
June 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Most anyone who has served will tell you the same thing. It was my absolute honor and privelidge to serve this great nation. I'm just thankful I was allowed to serve.

LOL...now I can hold up my right hand and point to where I live. :lmao:

Jarhead
June 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Most anyone who has served will tell you the same thing. It was my absolute honor and privelidge to serve this great nation. I'm just thankful I was allowed to serve.

Keeping it real and keeping it simple.

phittie1100
June 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM

Or the back of your left hand if you are feeling more creative....

USMC 0369
June 26th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Or the back of your left hand if you are feeling more creative....

I'm going to found a city very near Houghton and name it, "Knuckle, MI"

Trail_Fanatic
June 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hey! You made it!

GREAT to hear! So will we be seeing you at the Sundowner's for the next Quarterly? I highly recommend it. Their leased property is a very nice little abandoned gravel pit with some nice hills and holes. Besides that, we all need a chance to get to know you now!

USMC 0369
June 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I do plan on being there. The YJ is now required to be a daily driver and source of tranport for job hunting. So I won't be doing anything too serious. I would love to come and meet members and just get to know the association a little better.

:thumb: