PDA

View Full Version : New to jeep and offroading from Canton

gokarn
June 20th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hello. Just bought my jeep JK 4 door rubicon. This is my first jeep though i wanted it for ever it seems.. Well just wanted to introduce myself..

oz97tj
June 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Welcome! I have a 2dr JK Rubi. You will love it. Very capable in stock form. You will have to join us sometime to do some wheeling.

Evil Queen
June 20th, 2009, 01:18 AM
welcome :wave:

Jarhead
June 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
:wave:Hello Nikhil, Welcome Aboard!

MTUbronco
June 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the sport.

gokarn
June 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome.. Would surely love to join you guys on the next outing. Will definitely like to find out what i could do with the stock and what else can be done when i will mod it later.. Thanks again..

DDS4X4
June 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
WELCOME :wave:

rentalrider
June 20th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hello :wave:
New to the sport, 'eh? Well, start saving up! And that slush fund you kept under your drivers license? well... kiss it goodbye! It'll be spent on a winch, beadlocks, lift, sliders, etc, etc, etc. :thumb: It's more of an addiction than a sport! :lmao: Enjoy and hope to see you out there!
And BTW, sounds like a nice ride. My wife tells me regularly we should go the 4dr route.

Renegade II
June 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Hello & welcome:wave:

Dune run next month--->http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=138315

gokarn
June 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks..

gokarn
June 20th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hello :wave:
New to the sport, 'eh? Well, start saving up! And that slush fund you kept under your drivers license? well... kiss it goodbye! It'll be spent on a winch, beadlocks, lift, sliders, etc, etc, etc. :thumb: It's more of an addiction than a sport! :lmao: Enjoy and hope to see you out there!
And BTW, sounds like a nice ride. My wife tells me regularly we should go the 4dr route.
Heard bout tht.. well have already started up but firstly will have to clear the payments and then the rest goes for the upgrades..

DieselMTU
June 22nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome, from just north in Plymouth Twp. May be see you on the roads out and about

gokarn
June 22nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Most definitely will see you around..

oz97tj
June 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Heard bout tht.. well have already started up but firstly will have to clear the payments and then the rest goes for the upgrades..

Don't worry too much about it. Like I said earlier, the Rubicon is extremely capable in stock form. A winch in nice for self extrication. A skid plate is a very good addition because there is lots of real estate under the jeep that is unprotected. I have a Skid Row plate and I was litterally lofting my tires over a ledge and coming down on concrete on the plate and it didn't bend. And the Skid Rows are relatively inexpensive too. Other than that, buy a good strap, and get wheeling.

gokarn
June 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks. Will look into it all.

MrsRedRuby
June 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Welcome and Oz gives good advice.........we had a stock 03 Rubicon and after our first trip out, my hubby started adding all the bells and whistles. Expensive but you enjoy it so much more knowing you are a little bit safer then stock. Hope to see you on a run........they are exciting and fun even for the passengers like me :wave:

oz97tj
June 22nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Red brings up a good point. In Michigan, your Rubi can do %99 percent of the trails. And you will have a ball.

BUT, you will see a rig with a bit more clearance, and bigger tires go over stuff smoother and you'll want to upgrade. Besides, big tires just ride smoother. lol

T-way
June 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the sport and the forum!

You will have a great time with that Jeep, especially since it's a Rubicon!

Watch the site, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to go wheeling with some of us! Check out the Events forum....there may be some slots left for DOA in August!

gokarn
June 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks all. Just have been busy today to check the forum. Will reply 2mrw evening after i finish all my exams..

gokarn
June 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks all. Just have been busy today to check the forum. Will reply 2mrw evening after i finish all my exams..:thumb:

gokarn
June 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hey. Finally done with exams today :woot: and planning on to the silver lake dunes on Saturday. Was wondering if anybody is going there or would like to join. :lmao: