PDA

View Full Version : Hydro bump stops?

ganz
November 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Sway-Away bump stops? or OEM type?
What is the feeling on hydrolic bump stops? the type that is used on the desert race trucks. I know that wheeling can be a slower speeds than they are used on dersert trucks. Ive seen them on some of the rock buggys in Mags. Any thoughts or input would be good.
Ganz

MuddyPaws
November 9th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I have the plain ol ones on mine...I don't know that I really see a need for something fancy in the bump stop area.

Creative Fab
November 10th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Like MP said, if you are just doing general wheeling like the rest of us you sould spend your dollars elsewhere. The poly ones work great as long as you place them correctly.

The hydro ones are a lot of $$$$$$$$$$

ganz
November 11th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I guess I should have told everyone that I have a set from my Offroad race car that I sold a few years ago.
So at this point the cost (about 30$) is only the install material + my time.

MuddyPaws
November 11th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Well yea, you shoulda told us that... :rolleyes:

Then by all means, put them on. The "holy crap, WTF are those things" value will be worth 30 bucks when people are looking over your rig at trail rides. :D

OR...what are they worth? Could you sell them and use that money for something else you need?

95geo
November 14th, 2005, 11:07 PM
whats your suspension setup? if your running coilovers or air shocks and will be driving at speed then i'd say do it, if your on leafs the that would kind of like putting 140+ mph speed rated tires on a samurai.....

im going to be running a poly style jounce bumper and air shocks shortly

ganz
November 15th, 2005, 07:40 AM
I am running a spring over with stock springs (for now). Pro Comp 3000 shocks.
I already have them from off road raceing years ago. Thought I might put them to use. Converstion at Trail Head?

MuddyPaws
November 15th, 2005, 07:55 AM
that would kind of like putting 140+ mph speed rated tires on a samurai..... [/b]

Now that's funny... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: