PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Traverse...

p8nt
May 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hello all, I found your site while researching Drummond Island. Im also a member of the michiganwheelers, gl4x4, and ih8mud forums. Currently driving a 1997 Landcruiser.

Glad to see such an well focused group of people!

:thumb:

P.S. - Can someone tell me why when I veiw a thread I get the most recent post at the top, and the original post at the bottom?

Renegade II
May 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hello & welcome!

I think 'display mode' controls how the new posts show up.

oz97tj
May 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome!

Renegade is correct. You can change it to go either way.

p8nt
May 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Thank you folks, that fixes it.

Im looking for advice on a upcoming day trip to Drummond Island. Where would I post that thread?

Trail_Fanatic
May 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hallo!

:wave:

Glad you found us.

What's your question about Drummond?
This place works fine since we're already here.

p8nt
May 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
My father and i will be visiting the island next Sunday for a day of wheeling. Just looking for advice on the trails to see and the ones to avoid. I have a 1997 Landcruiser with lockers and 33" MTRs. No winch and no support vehicle. So far the only "must see" on the list is Marblehead and the steps. No plans on going to Turtle Ridge.

Any thoughts on a route or sights to see?

DieselMTU
May 28th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Map... I hope I attached it correctly. I thnk you can get a nice big printed one on the Island too.

Stay on trails clearly marked ORV Route and you will be safe. If it does not say "Route" you should not be there.

As for Marblehead and some one correct me if I am wrong...

But you must stay to the right of the "tree" going down and to the left of the tree going up. Stop at the bottom of the steps to park, don't drive all the way out to the cliff / ledge.

timbercruiser
May 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hey p8nt. Nice to have another cruiser on board!!
Check out DOA at the end of the summer (unless you get in on the overland trip).

T-way
May 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Some of the Troll Four Wheelers were on Drummond for the day last Saturday. One thing I noted:

On the Glens Cove Road trail out to Marblehead, out near Pilot Cove, the confidence markers suddenly changed and were ORV Trail instead of ORF Route, even though we knew we were on a Route.

The local CO went past our stopped group on a quad, and didn't have any issues with us. So, apparently, the wrong confidence markers are out in that area.

The steps at Marblehead are clearly defined, and there is now a new "NO VEHICLES PAST THIS POINT..." sign shortly beyond the bottom of the steps. Plenty of room to park at the bottom of the steps, and it's only a short walk to the cliff. Of course, we saw several people on quads that blew right by the sign. So I took the opportunity to politely educate them.

Stop at the Bear Track Inn and see Steve when you get to the island. He has maps available, and is an excellent source of information!

Have fun, and be safe and legal!!

:thumb:

Jarhead
June 1st, 2009, 08:04 AM
:wave:Hello Clinton, Welcome Aboard!

Jarhead
June 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM
P.S. - Can someone tell me why when I veiw a thread I get the most recent post at the top, and the original post at the bottom?

Shoot Jeeperz-Creeperz a PM for this...

dustyxj
June 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the site p8nt... your rig should have no problem up on drummond island. I was there with t-way on the 23rd with my 95 xj... 33" tsl radials, and open diff's... even took on the 4x4 chalenge part of the trial shown on the map above... have fun and keep an eye on the site for future events.... :troll: