PDA

View Full Version : SFWDA along with the UFWDA and BRC issued a notice of intent to sue the US Forest Ser

Trail_Fanatic
May 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM
This week the SFWDA along with the UFWDA and BRC issued a notice of intent to sue the US Forest Service under the Clean Water Act due to the Tellico trail closures.

"The Forest has engaged itself and the public in a nearly two-year process of swallowing the SELC NOI conclusions hook, line and sinker. The central conclusions of the February 27th letter and the Order/DM closely follow the allegations, if not specific wording, of the NOI. The NOI allegations and Forest’s acceptance of them cannot be squared with the facts or applicable law. Notwithstanding their concerted effort to pursue collaborative and creative solutions at transitioning to a meaningful, active management system at the Area, the Recreational Groups find themselves backed into a corner by the Forest’s actions. Such actions reflect erring on the side of eliminating use that has been continuing for decades. Sadly, the Forest apparently perceives an unsolvable dilemma, despite the fact that alternative, more successful management strategies have been proposed to the Forest from internal and external sources. Absent a meaningful response to the concerns raised here the Recreational Groups will find themselves with no resort but the courts."

JohnnyJ
May 1st, 2009, 11:32 PM
I hope this works.

T-way
May 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
You and me both John!!

Much like the Rubicon, I've never been there but I've always wanted to go! Sure would like to have the chance someday.......if it's open!

:wah:

DDS4X4
May 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
The first time I was at Tellico was with the GLFWDA for their annual Smokey Mountain Trek to TN.

I had my IH Scout. We made it a family event, stopping off at the World's Fair in Knoxville. My youngest daughter was selected from the audience to appear on stage with some singer??? At the Trek event closing campfire, I received the Tennessee Turkey Award from Clyde Christmas (Shiawassee Four Wheelers), Great Lakes Trail Master. Seems I managed to be the only participant who needed to be winched off a rock in the campground (on the first day of trail rides no less)! OK, I was backing out our campsite, it was on a slight grade, and I managed to get off the drive and put the rear diff up on a rock ... high centered ... no lift and no locker ... front tires spinning on the loose gravel driveway! Talk about being embarasssed to walk down to the event line up area and ask for a "rescue". Those folks had a GREAT laugh ... and I am STILL a member of this GREAT organization because it is made up of ALL you GREAT people, like Tim!

Did I mention it was a FEW years ago and I was almost a newbie at that time??? Lets see, 26 years ago to be exact ... seems we also received another prize 9 months later ( I know TOO MUCH information!!) By the way, my baby boy is getting married in August, maybe I'll take my TN Turkey trophy to the wedding and "tell the story" ... after a few beers at the reception?

So it was a trip I will always remember ... Thank you Great Lakes for another GREAT event! (one for the history books)

timbercruiser
May 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
It's what the tree huggers have done for 25+years. Now it's OUR turn.

Jarhead
May 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
My fingers are cramped from trying to hang on to all the things others are trying to take away, but until I am dead I am not giving in and they will have to continue to pound on them in an attempt to get me to let go.

Did I forget to mention, "I like Pain!" :ninja:

navy-jeepster
May 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM
My fingers are cramped from trying to hang on to all the things others are trying to take away, but until I am dead I am not giving in and they will have to continue to pound on them in an attempt to get me to let go.

Did I forget to mention, "I like Pain!" :ninja:

Pain is good, as it is FEAR running out of my body!
:yourock:

T-way
May 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Just remember Bob.....pain is temporary and chicks dig scars!!!

And scars are just tatoos with better stories!!!!

:ahhh: