PDA

View Full Version : KJ Family Ride

TOOLTIME
April 15th, 2009, 12:26 AM
ok, i'll admit i am more into off-roading with my quad than my liberty. while i do sit in awe over some of your machines you have built and hope someday i can build a true "off-road" vehicle, but for now, i will just use my stock liberty.

i want to set something up, taking the family out for a good day of two-tracking and lunch on the trail etc. i have two girls, a wife and two female jack Russells that would love a day like that.

im looking for your basic easy two tracks, not to concerned about the paint. just no excessive rocks or puddle that are three feet deep...

would not mind getting together with other like minded families for a good day of fun. we have in the past went out on the trolls fall run...we had fun....was driving a grand at the time. i think we did jordan valley...

any recommendations???
thanks all
tim

OldSailor
April 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Have you thought about joining one of the clubs that are relatively close to you there in Westland?

-Bob

:SoFo:

oz97tj
April 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
The West Branch area is always a good destination for some light wheeling. There are miles and miles of relatively easy two tracks to explore.

I'd be happy to go do some wheeling with you, but the next couple weekends are very busy for me. Some time mid summer feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to take you out though.

I agree clubs are a great way to meet people and wheel in new locations, and many clubs and family friendly.

TOOLTIME
April 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
cool beans......will do...busy here to for a short while, plus unemployed....ouch...west branch huh...any particular cross roads to look for. also, i am gps compatible if anyone has waypoints tracks etc....
thanks tim

oz97tj
April 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM
West Branch in good because it's right off the highway and has lots of good lodging. And best of all there are trails in pretty much any direction.

A good place to start is 55 and Dunham Lake Rd. Dunham Lake Rd has lots of trails. Or head out on Dow Rd from town and there are trails going all over.

Or you could head to St. Helen and find lots of trails (they connect with all the aforementioned trails).

If you have a gps, many of the two tracks actually show up as unnamed roads (at least they do on both of mine) so you shouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

Just remember, in that particular area, many of the big hills and mud holes are off limits so don't push your luck. The St. Helen motorsport area is pretty much free game.

T-way
April 16th, 2009, 11:33 PM
If you want to go a little farther north, you might consider Atlanta or Indian River. Both have miles of easy, scenic 2-tracks that are wide and fun to drive. Atlanta also offers an excellent chance of seeing wild elk.

Shoot me a PM if you wanna come up.....I can get some folks together for a nice family-friendly day!

:thumb: