PDA

View Full Version : Website updates...

MuddyPaws
October 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Please be aware that there will be seveal updates being done to the site over the next few days so some pages may not be available or they may look strange. I will try to make it quick :huh: but ya never know. :P

Brian81CJ
October 14th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Hey Tim, looking forward to seeing the website updates!!

Still looking for website suggestions?? ...How about adding a page and a link in the header for Associate Business memberships. Maybe on that page have a link for requesting an application and adding the current Associate Members with their logos hyperlinked to their sites? ;)

MuddyPaws
October 14th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Great idea...just put it on the "board"...not this board but my web design board I installed yesterday on my wall here with the web layout all stuck all over it.

Now if I only had an accutate list of them....... :P

Brian81CJ
October 14th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks, you're the best!! :D

WhiteRhino
October 14th, 2005, 08:48 AM
The best????? Boy Brian, doin a little politic'n are we?

But I gotta agree, I am glad Tim is taking this on.

Originally posted by Ultimate Air@Oct 14 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks, you're the best!! :D
<div align="right">6266
[/quote]

DDS4X4
October 15th, 2005, 04:37 AM
WOW, something IS actually changing&#33; Looking GOOD, Tim.

One suggestion I have made before is many of the links are not current. I suggest using the links from the United website for the various associations. I know the United links for Indiana, Montana and Southern are good. I have not tried them all. But I know our links to these do NOT work.

Keep up the good work.

Brian81CJ
October 15th, 2005, 07:41 AM
:lol: :lol: Whatever it takes&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by WhiteRhino+Oct 14 2005, 08:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Oct 14 2005, 08:48 AM)</div>
The best????? Boy Brian, doin a little politic&#39;n are we?

But I gotta agree, I am glad Tim is taking this on.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ultimate Air@Oct 14 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks, you&#39;re the best&#33;&#33;? :D
<div align="right">6266

<div align="right">6267</div>
[/b][/quote]

MuddyPaws
October 15th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Using the United linkes is a good idea, but maybe not all of them....I don&#39;t know, maybe all of them...one thing I saw on their links are links to south africa and australian associations. :blink:

I&#39;m working on the links page now. Going to have a little bit of a different flavor to it. A link page without some kind of short description for each link is more like a bookmark page. My goal is to make each page on the GL site to be more informational and useful to the web user.

As for links...sheesh...the site as a whole has 506 hyperlinks.
413 internal links
93 external links
62 unverified links
and so far, 23 broken links. Many of these are not actually
seen on the web, they are code errors.

And I wanted this job.... :D

Originally posted by DDS4X4@Oct 15 2005, 04:37 AM
WOW, something IS actually changing&#33; Looking GOOD, Tim.

One suggestion I have made before is many of the links are not current. I suggest using the links from the United website for the various associations. I know the United links for Indiana, Montana and Southern are good. I have not tried them all. But I know our links to these do NOT work.

Keep up the good work.
<div align="right">6297
[/quote]

MuddyPaws
October 15th, 2005, 01:44 PM
One other question to deal with is do we want to keep links on the "regional Associations" section of our link page for associations that are not connected to United? Example would be East Coast Four Wheel Drive Association. I think that we would want to keep them sice they are still in the fight for our sport. But I am open for input...as always.

SKIP
October 15th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Tim,

Thank you for going at this with so much gusto&#33;
I would keep the "regional associations". Any link that goes to something or someone doing positive things to keep our sport alive is a good one in my opinion.

Also, many do not know that you provided A/V aids for the last quarterly.
Tim was gracious enought to pack up & drag all the way down to the meeting a projector, laptop & various accessories to put on a video display. It was much appreciated&#33;

Thanks&#33;

MuddyPaws
October 15th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Bla...I travel with that stuff everywhere I go. :D We didn&#39;t even get to do the video part but I am getting more footage in the mail from others and will be editing a new GG video as soon as I have all the footage.

Anyone that has digital footage...i&#39;ll take what I can get. PM me for my address and info.

I have updated the links page....you just can&#39;t see the new one yet...and kept any association that is alive that I can find. I also updated all of their links to reflect current sites. Many were hosted under united when the gl page was written but now have their owner servers. I have fixed those links.

There some other issues I will deal with on the links page before I turn the new one on.

DDS4X4
October 16th, 2005, 04:13 AM
By all means we should use any link that supports our cause. My reference to the United website was just meant to be a point of reference where some of the current links were.

East Coast is in my Favorites file.

Doing GOOD, Tim. That&#39;s what I like ... someone with the enthusiasm (sp?) and KNOWLEDGE to GIT &#39;IR DONE&#33; (Can you run spell check while typing a post?)

Here is a 4X4 Club link you should post ... It&#39;s a GREAT site, a GREAT club, with GREAT people and GREAT trail rides and ALL are on PRIVATE property&#33; We&#39;re going back in 2006. Two Rivers Jeep Club from IL http://www.trjc.com/ I&#39;d be a member if it wasn&#39;t so far to drive for the meetings.

lgottler
October 16th, 2005, 09:37 AM
On my browser, the main page and contact page text looks normal, but on some other pages the text looks really big?

Lucas

MuddyPaws
October 16th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I&#39;m trying to figure that out lucas...on my browser the main mage and contacts looks real small, very hard to read. For example, the font on the "associate members" page is Arial, 12pt, Normal and it displays good on my machine. A bit larger but the look I was going for for that page. Now the links page is Arial, 10pt, Normal...and again, displays good for me. Maybe it&#39;s something with my zoom settings on this local machine. I haven&#39;t checked it with the laptops yet. That&#39;s what&#39;s nice about having 3 computers to see how it looks with different browsers and settings. One thing I noticed in the code is that it was originally letting the local machine pick the font and size. Easy to do but makes the page display poorly on machines with different settings.

I will figure it out, just have to find the magic setting.

For example, this is a 100% size screen shot off my pc of the main page...I can&#39;t hardly read it.

http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/great-lakes/gl-main.jpg

lgottler
October 17th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Wow&#33; That whole paragraph on my PC, to the right of the GL logo takes up the whole area next to the logo&#33; I think you run a much higher res than I do.

Here&#39;s mine....

http://www.123.net/~lgottler/temp/screenshotoct.jpg

I wonder if you can "force" text to be a size in this circumstance...depending on your res??? or just leave it up to each person to figure that out for themselves?

Lucas