View Full Version : So check this out

MuddyPaws
October 13th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Just messing around a bit...but it's cool so far. Nothing earth shattering, but I think it's cool. Obviously it isn't done yet.

It's about 18 meg, so dial-up die...sorry. :P

Click Me (http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/great-lakes/gl-test.wmv)

Roadhouse
October 13th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Not sure if I got it all, is it just the GL logo spinning in 3d? Thats all I got, which looks pretty cool. I wish I knew how to do crap like that.

MuddyPaws
October 13th, 2005, 12:41 AM
That's all it is....nothing fancy yet. Basicly it was a test of some new software and hardware I have and I wanted to see if I could re-create the center part of the logo since it's the most complex part of the logo. The lettering will be easier. But it was just a test, thought it came out good and wanted to share.

Kinda big for what it is though....should convert it to a wmv...maybe that would make it smaller.

MuddyPaws
October 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Ok, fixed it, now it's 350k instead of 18 meg. :P Quality isn't as good now though.

Creative Fab
October 13th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Thats COOL

Where can we put it?

WhiteRhino
October 13th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Yup,
What Pat said. I like it! Where you going to put it obe wan web master?

JohnnyJ
October 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Viewer not supported here at work. I'll have to try tonight from home.

Not having seen it to see how blinging it is, just wondering if it can be converted into an animated GIF file. Those tend to be smaller and more portable from comptuer to computer. (I'm no Mac or Linux person, but I figure it's worth a mention..)

MuddyPaws
October 13th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Not putting it anywhere yet because it's not finished. It was more of a test to see if I could get the detal and scale right. So far so good. I have to add the lettering and the outer ring and the www.glfdwa.org in the center. Once completed I will be able to add it to video clips, and find a place to put it on the web here. I'll prolly port it to a flash animation for browser support and quick downloads.

As for a animated gif, that's an idea too. Once the entire clip is complete, I'll port it to many formats for different things, promo videos, web, avatars :D, who knows.

I just made it spin to see the 3d effect and see how smooth this new stuff I have renders a moving path...techno jargon :huh: