PDA

View Full Version : ATV RIDE ANYONE???

TOOLTIME
April 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
i know someone here has to own a quad or two...
i was thinking of riding on Saturday, April 11th out of the St.Helen area.
over the the Rosscommon connector and up into Rosscommon for lunch.

i'll be riding a Suzuki king quad 450.
nothing to adventureous, maybe some deep pockets of snow still, other than that, i stick to all designated orv routes and trails or open county roads.

i like to ride the whole day, pretty much up for any adventure other that stated.
meaning we get done with that run, still alot of time left in the day, may head to another trail system via routes/trails.open county roads etc....

have mapping software loaded up on my gps unit.

Creative Fab
April 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I would go with you if I didn't just except a passenger seat in a Jeep tomorrow at Rocks And Valleys park in Harrison.

Post up again when you will be hitting the trail on your quad, I just may take you up on it. My Grizzly has only been doing plow duty the last 2 years.

TOOLTIME
April 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
will do.... thanks pat...i believe i have rode with you before...they were still using sticks to start fires...:thumb:
if i didn't ride with you, i was in that convoy of quadders that day vancamp sold you those tires, we met at a gas station i do believe...

mitrail400ex
April 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Off topic, but Tooltime, did you used to ride with Michigan Dirtslingers at any point/ time? For some reason, your name, location, and screen name are all ringing a bell.

Just in case, I used the same screen name back in those days and used to ride a Red 400ex with a Raptor grill cut/pasted onto it.

Maybe I met you at one of the Dusty D's Pig Roasts? I know of one other guy from Westland who used to ride a Kawi KFX400 with a few mods and we used to duke it out on Dusty's dragstrip from time to time.

Anyways, I wish I still had my machines. I'd be down for a ride, but I had to sell them to cover some family emergencies. Good luck and have fun! Welcome to the site and to GLFWDA!

TOOLTIME
April 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM
hey mitrail400ex...i have been to mds before yes, spend most my time at atvoffroad.net
was a dustys a few times too...good times for sure..sorry you had to sell your machines....ever wanna go, i have an extra..not a 400ex but the kids recon 250 can be a blast to ride too...
thanks for the welcome....

TOOLTIME
April 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
3 of us from atvoffroad did 80 miles yesterday. good times, perfect day for riding....started off at trailhead just off 75 at the 222. headed up into st.helen and then up into rosscommon to get a bite to eat at freds.
trails were dirt to snow covered in spots, mainly where the sleds have ridden and packed it down and where there alot of shadow spots from the pines.

anyone ever want to go, just hit me up...im laid-off right now, so if the checks fall right, i may just be up for a ride...:banghead:

Trail_Fanatic
April 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I don't have a quad or bike anymore, but if you ever want to ride in my area, give me a hollar and I'd be more than happy to point out some of the better stuff in the area. Maybe meet you somewhere where the two tracks and designated atv trails intersect.

:thumb:

TOOLTIME
April 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM
right on...thanks.....
also, i now my liberty isn't much of a "trail machine" but i am looking forward this year to taking the family out and do some two tracking/lunch on the trail etc...