View Full Version : State Resources

February 9th, 2009, 03:27 PM
State Resources...
The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
NOHVCC is a national body of OHV recreation enthusiasts that develops and provides a wide spectrum of programs, materials, and information to individuals, clubs, associations, and agencies in order to further a positive future for responsible OHV recreation.

State Partner
Bill Chapin
10504 Broughwell Road
Rives Junction, MI 49277-9653
cccbill@dmci.net (cccbill@dmci.net)

Associate Partner
Lewis Shuler
3220 W. Shady Side Rd.
Angola, IN 46703
260-665-8546 (H)
517-416-0126 (C)
517-781-4805 (O)
ccckids@verizon.net (ccckids@verizon.net)

Recreational Trails Program
The Recreational Trails Program (RTP) is a Federal Highway Administration program. RTP funds come from the Federal Highway Trust Fund and are available to States to develop and maintain recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both non-motorized and motorized recreational trail uses. Each State administers its own program. You can contact your state RTP Administrator to find out what trail projects are being funded in your state and how to apply for project funding.

State Administrator
Jim Radabaugh
State Trails Coordinator
Forest, Mineral, and Fire Management Div.
Dept. of Natural Resources
Stevens T Mason Building
P.O. Box 30452
Lansing, MI 48909-7757
517-373-2443 (F)
radabauj@michigan.gov (radabauj@michigan.gov)
United States Forest Service
Many National Forests provide excellent OHV riding opportunities. For this reason, we have provided a list of U.S. Forest Service employees in charge of trails or resource management in each National Forest in your state. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with these individuals, as they can be a great resource for information. It is especially important right now, since the Forest Service is in the process of implementing its November 2005 Travel Management Rule which requires each National Forest to designate those roads, trails, and areas that are open to motor vehicle use. Once this designation process is complete and a Motor Vehicle Use Map is published, no OHV use will be allowed off of designated routes. Therefore it is extremely important for the public to be engaged in this process.
Michigan National Forests
Forest Office Address
Forest Contact
Hiawatha (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/hiawatha/)
2727 N. Lincoln Rd
Escanaba, MI 49829
Dave Maercklein
Huron-Manistee (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hmnf/index.shtml)
1755 S. Mitchell Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
Ken Arbogast
Ottawa (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/ottawa/)
E6248 U.S. 2
Ironwood, MI 49938
Lisa Klaus
906-932-1330 xt. 328