View Full Version : Portable Torch Set with Tanks

lgottler
January 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Small portable torch set with regulators, hose, cutting tips, brazing tip, tanks and a caddy. $225

SOLD

0llllll0
January 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
When were the tanks last certified?

Thanks.

RockyTop
January 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
The Acetylene "MC" tanks are removed from circulation after about the 10th use (estimate, as the MC tanks are thin walled). They don't have the structural integrity that the "Type R" Oxygen tank will have.

I believe those are "Airgas" labels. Airgas is like Linde, 7 years between tests. But the MC tank would not fall into that restriction as they dent easily.

lgottler
January 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I just got them exchanged, so I would assume they are fine for a few years until you need another exchange. I used South Park welding in Chesterfield. Its too cold to go look at the stamps on the tanks!

joe_jeep
January 17th, 2009, 11:48 PM
my big tanks have not been filled since 1978. the local gas company that fills my co2 tank for my homebrew kegs said they would exchange them if they loooked in decent shape.

any one know what it cost to get tanks re-certified if this deal falls apart.
these are the huge tanks. oxygen is almost as tall as i am. Acetylene is a little shorter. i doubt either of these are thin walled cause they weight alot!

RockyTop
January 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM
my big tanks have not been filled since 1978. the local gas company that fills my co2 tank for my homebrew kegs said they would exchange them if they loooked in decent shape.

any one know what it cost to get tanks re-certified if this deal falls apart.
these are the huge tanks. oxygen is almost as tall as i am. Acetylene is a little shorter. i doubt either of these are thin walled cause they weight alot!

You have an 80lb Oxygen tank. Acetylene would be about 45 lbs.

Work at Pfizer for 8 months as a Team Lead for Compressed Gases and you retain information. :ahhh: