PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Off-Road Truck & Tractor Nationals

Jarhead
January 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM
2009 Off-Road Truck & Tractor Nationals
Type: Family Oriented Automotive Exposition
Date: May 29 - May 31

http://www.rpmfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=69

Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association will be doing the Judging for the Truck Show and Shine with 200 Awards to be given away.
http://www.rpmfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=94

Jarhead
March 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
The promoters are looking for 200 volunteers a day for anyone interested. There are basically six shifts available, if you sign-up for one shift you are entitled to: I understand that I will be entitled to a single 1-day event pass to the 2009 Off-Road Truck & Tractor Nationals in exchange for my volunteering services for the above indicated date(s) and time(s).
These volunteers needed, are in addition to the Truck Show that GLFWDA will be judging. I have included the Volunteer Registration with this post.

Shoot work the grounds for the Monster Truck Show, the Mudd Races, the...

Check it out: http://www.rpmfest.com/

Trail_Fanatic
March 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM
So, just to make sure I'm reading this right . . .

This is to sign up to work the NON-GLFWDA portions of the event, NOT to sign up to help GLFWDA with their portion of the event.

Correct?

Jarhead
March 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
So, just to make sure I'm reading this right . . .

This is to sign up to work the NON-GLFWDA portions of the event, NOT to sign up to help GLFWDA with their portion of the event.

Correct?

All Volunteers need to submit an registration as your Event Ticket will be like a Will Call. On the bottom of the registration form where you see the days and times posted, write,"Will work the GLFWDA Truck Show Event."

There are a lot of other great opportunities if people are interested.

oz97tj
March 11th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I looked around but didn't find anything for a volunteer registration form. Where is it located?

Jarhead
March 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I looked around but didn't find anything for a volunteer registration form. Where is it located?

I think it was deleted when I edited my post, soooooooooooooo let's try this again.

Jarhead
March 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
We still have plenty of room for additional volunteers.

Working one shift (per person) gets you a free pass to any event per person.

DDS4X4
March 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Done!

xj4life
May 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Hey guys just found out about this a few days ago from my buddy. I actually live in Laporte and didnt even know this was going on. :banghead:

If you guys need more volunteers let me know. If you guys are all set I may looking into the general volunteering.

Jarhead
May 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hey guys just found out about this a few days ago from my buddy. I actually live in Laporte and didnt even know this was going on. :banghead:

If you guys need more volunteers let me know. If you guys are all set I may looking into the general volunteering.

Chris, we can never have to many volunteers. There is a PDF file attached to one of the posts (above) you can download and fax in.

xj4life
May 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Chris, we can never have to many volunteers. There is a PDF file attached to one of the posts (above) you can download and fax in.

Cool. I'll send in the form later this week. I'm trying to verify if my buddy is coming down or not.

DDS4X4
May 6th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the FEW but lively!

Trail_Fanatic
May 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Mine is faxed.
I'm now 'officially' committed.

:thumb:

xj4life
May 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
1) what day/time would we need to be available to volunteer? my buddy (Blue XJ) is coming down from Detroit and is interested in helping out as well.

2) and just to be sure. we can still volunteer even if we arent paying GLFWDA members, right.

3) probalby a dumb question. but if we volunteer does that mean we cant enter our rigs in a catagory? i'm trying to get in for the Terrain Course but I'm thinking about entering the truck show to.

Jarhead
May 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
1) what day/time would we need to be available to volunteer? my buddy (Blue XJ) is coming down from Detroit and is interested in helping out as well.

2) and just to be sure. we can still volunteer even if we arent paying GLFWDA members, right.

3) probalby a dumb question. but if we volunteer does that mean we cant enter our rigs in a catagory? i'm trying to get in for the Terrain Course but I'm thinking about entering the truck show to.

The downloadable volunteer form has 6 time slots over the three days that entiles you an event pass per volunteer for each slot. The show is looking for all types of volunteers. You can visit the www.rpmfest.com to get their contact information as well, to answer your more specific questions..

silver fox
May 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
To all with regret Sandy and I have to cancel. Sandy has an MRI at U of M on Thur. and a heart cath done in Kalamazoo on Fri. at this point we can not be far from the hospital in Kalamazoo that has been working with her.The only time we leave Kalamazoo is to go to U of M. She is in the house if she is not going to a Doctor appt. I hope to be back with you all soon.

Wayne

Jarhead
May 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Wayne, our prayers are with you and Sandy.

phittie1100
May 19th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Give her our best wishes, Wayne

Jarhead
May 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
The crew (volunteers) got a bit thinner at the end here, but I am headed out to go do what I got to do...PR!

DDS4X4
May 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
See ya in the morning!

oz97tj
May 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I'll be there with KJDan around 3 or 4.

Jarhead
May 28th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I didn't get here early enough for pictures, but this place is buzzing with activity.

If you like Monster Trucks, this is definitely the place to be.

Looking forward to the weekend.

DDS4X4
May 31st, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hey JR, ask Dan if he was at Troy, OH (with all the KJ group) for the Jeep Ralley for cancer?

oz97tj
June 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hey JR, ask Dan if he was at Troy, OH (with all the KJ group) for the Jeep Ralley for cancer?

No, he wasn't.

xj4life
June 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
So how did it go? Sorry I couldnt help. I've had an ear issue since last monday that has left me dizzy 24/7.

I could pass up not going at all so I went over on Sunday afternoon for the diesel truck sled pulling.

Jarhead
June 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
The number of activities at the event were pretty impressive. Vendors of all types - way to many food vendors, you got dizzy just trying to figure out where to eat. ATV's and Motorcycles all over the place. Lot's of races, pulls, mud bogs and what have you during the day. 14 Monster Trucks showed and performed all three nights.

We had 42 trucks register for the Show and Shine (several trucks showed just to show and didn't register because they really didn't want an award, they just wanted to be there). We presented the awards with me as MC and Bill & Joe from O'Hare Towing (the TV show Wrecked) giving the awards to the winners. Dan and Ralph got most of the pictures so we will have to wait on them.

xj4life
June 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear it went good. I'd love to see some pics.