PDA

View Full Version : Loving the S N O W !!!!!!!!!!

yj_hank
December 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM
:ahhh:I don't know about you but I love the snow in the winter. Here in adrian we only got about 6" of snow but I had drifts about 2 feet in my driveway. I hope no one has to travel far but it sure looks pretty here at my office.

Henry :ahhh::woot::ahhh::woot:

T-way
December 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Dang! We've got it DEEP here just south of the Big Bridge. It's been coming down solid all day long.....piling up several inches on top of the couple feet we already have!!

If you love the snow so much....you're welcome to come and run the snowblower up and down my 150 foot driveway anytime that you want to!!

:poke:

WhiteRhino
December 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Probably got close to a foot here today in the parking lot. I'll do a measurement when I get home.

Nvrenuf
December 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
About a foot here and still snowing getting lake effect off Lake Huron. That doesn't happen real often.:thumb:

USMC 0369
December 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Well, global warming has caught up with us. We got lots of snow out here in the Mojave this last week. It was insane. People were either driving too slow, or WAY too fast trying to be cool. After one inch (that's 1") of accumulation, everything stopped. Schools closed, the mail stopped delivering, government shut down. It was kinda rediculous. The radio stations were talking about the "ordeal" as if all life was going to cease to exist. Californians...go figure. :lmao:

http://images47.fotki.com/v1399/photos/9/9459/7037426/IMG_4628-vi.jpg

T-way
December 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Now THAT'S a cool pic! Looks like time for a snowball fight!

joe_jeep
December 19th, 2008, 10:55 PM
i drove my semi through it no problem for about 10 hours. then got stuck in my parking spot and spent about 3 hours to get it out. i could go about 40 to 45 easily with about 30k in the the trailer. too bad everyone else would not get out of my way.

then i terrorized the ghetto on my snowmobile.:ahhh:

phazer42
December 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM
well.... it was 80 today down in Orlando / Sarasota Florida :-D

bigblockford79
December 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
We got about 10" at my house on friday, but I still have to keep moving the drifts out of the way.

yj_hank
December 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
My driveway is about 600 feet long. I plow it with my yamaha kodiak 400 and a 5 foot blade. It took a while but I did my driveway and also my 2 neighbors driveways. I wish a had a local wheeling place to go play in the snow.

Henry

bigblockford79
December 21st, 2008, 01:50 AM
We had a great time last night in the parking lot behind our shop with one of the guys fullsize Jimmy. There was about 14 inches in places due to drifting snow.

calvynandhobbs
December 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
It's fun when you only have to go out and play in it. I drove back to Michigan all night Thursday night from Connecticut to try to beat the storm in here and missed by about 3 hours. I pulled into Ypsilanti around 5:15 Friday morning after about 3 straight hours of only doing 45mph because I could see nothing in front of me. I spent this weekend in Muskegon at my grandmother's place and drove back to Ypsi last night. Muskegon got hammered yesterday. It didn't bother me to drive in it, but my wife was constantly nagging me to slow down because she couldn't see.

Renegade II
December 22nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
It's fun when you only have to go out and play in it.

X2

After working 14 hours yesterday I had to dodge drifts and cars that had been abandon on the roads, then when I finally got home I was greeted by this hill that drifted across the driveway by the garage.
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/T-case024.jpg