PDA

View Full Version : SnoFari 2009

Deathdealer
October 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.glfwda.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=251&d=1225370491

Deathdealer
October 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Here are the Registration forms. Registration begins November 1st any forms postmarked before then will not be accepted.

Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing you all at SnoFari!!

DDS4X4
October 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
For GL membership options, check here:

http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=join

For the GL Vehicle Safety info, check here:

http://www.glfwda.org/forms/Safety_Certification_Form_revised_3_06.pdf

THANKS SoFO for getting this posted! I'll start spreading the word down south.

DDS4X4
October 30th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Been posted for 8 hours and already over 10% of allocated slots are FULL!

Greenway
October 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
How can the allocated slots be 10% full when they're not accepting registrations till tomorrow? Or is this RSVP good enough to hold a spot?

Greenway
October 31st, 2008, 12:55 PM
Who do we make the checks out to?

WhiteRhino
October 31st, 2008, 03:16 PM
Got my hotel room!

Deathdealer
October 31st, 2008, 03:29 PM
No the RSVP will not hold you a spot, its just kind of an At-A-Glance type of system so you can see how much interest and how many people are planning on coming.

Checks should be made out to Soldiers of Fortune Offroad.

Tab
October 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
I made my check out to Jim Roy is that ok. It didnt say anything about who to write the check out to just his contact info so thats why I made it out to him. May want to change the form to state that.

bdavid
October 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
I will be ready to go

Ridgerunner
November 1st, 2008, 06:36 AM
This should be Sno much fun again, yee haa :woot:

Renegade II
November 1st, 2008, 08:44 AM
After 10 years guess I'll need to break free some change and finally get a new top....

...... or a warmer hat & coat :lmao:

Brian81CJ
November 1st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Rooms are already reserved! We're ready to roll!!!:thumb:

phittie1100
November 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Where are you hiding the hotel information?

DDS4X4
November 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Gotcha on the UFWDA Calendar!

http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=2414.0

Paul,

You need a secret decoder ring to find that information.

Quality Inn, Forwards Conference Center
989-345-3503

Booked my rooms in February!

Looks like I had better put my check in the mail, to secure a spot!

Make checks payable to ... I think we had that same question last year??
SoFO, you need to update your 2010 registration form NOW, so you don't forget that again ... and we'll know the dates for the 2010 SnoFari already!! (then Paul can book his 2010 rooms ahead of time and not have to worry about it all year).

Thanks SoFO!!!

Renegade II
November 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
How long after the entry forms get in will we know if we got one of the 60 spots? I'd hate to blow $300 and reserve a room 10 minutes from my inlaws if I'm not 'for sure" entered. If I get a spot.......they're nice and all, but I figured they don't have a bar and none of you guys will be staying there so......... :lmao:

phittie1100
November 2nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
How far to the nearest indoor water park? Doing a little negotiating at home this weekend....

Renegade II
November 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
I'm guessing my burg is the closest H2O park at an hour away from WB. Here's all of them.

http://themeparks.about.com/cs/waterparks/a/MIwaterparks.htm

NightKrawler
November 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Looking forward to going again this year.
Hopefully I can get up there early enough for the Friday night run.:woot:

Creative Fab
November 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
How far to the nearest indoor water park? Doing a little negotiating at home this weekend....

They do have a very nice indoor heated pool at the QI, although if I get there before you I will have used up all of the arm floaties and seat cushions, I cant swim!

Greenway
November 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
When you call for reservations, mention it's for the event because we get a group rate. My app is in the mail and reservations made.

joe_jeep
November 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
After 10 years guess I'll need to break free some change and finally get a new top....

...... or a warmer hat & coat :lmao:

just wear the snowmobile suit!

cc
November 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Ok, those comments made me laugh. :flipoff:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=110022

Kixx007
November 10th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Still have spots open, get your registrations in!

WhiteRhino
November 10th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Mine's in the mail.

Renegade II
November 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Mailed mine in on the 1st, guess I'm in :woot:

When do we get confirmation material / e-mail?

WhiteRhino
November 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Mailed mine in on the 1st, guess I'm in :woot:

When do we get confirmation material / e-mail?

Wow, you're pushy.:lmao: Give the poor fellows a chance lose yours in the mail.:bootyshake:

Renegade II
November 10th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Give the poor fellows a chance lose yours in the mail.:bootyshake:

Exactly.

Given that my rural address mail pickup goes to the ghetto Saginaw USPS office I just wanted to make sure my check got there instead of info on it being used to open a line of credit at 'Rimworld house of spinners & crack emporium'

:monkeydance:

joe_jeep
November 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Exactly.

'Rimworld house of spinners & crack emporium'

:monkeydance:

i would do my shopping there but im only 1 mile north of 8 mile.:ahhh:

rentalrider
November 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Sent $ in today! :woot:

cc
November 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
For those who may have came across some very nasty posts about Snofari on the gl4x4.com forum, I thought I would post up an explanation here also so people are not confused.

Over the last two days a user by the name of "Foxjeep4x4" made numerous posts about the legality of the snofari run, including not pulling the proper permits, as well as doing illegal hill climbs. I was unaware of these issues until a moderator (shawn) had me look into it. It appears a GLFWDA member was making the problems, and he has since been removed from the gl4x4 website.

IP tracing (We use a program that resolves anonymous proxys, which he was using). I will post his IP's used in the last 6 months, because he is obviously on some sort of agenda here. I belive all forum admins should have this information.

* foxjeep4x4 24.253.32.179 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
o 24.253.32.105 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 38.119.107.115 [Find More Users with this IP Address]

* Rockstar 24.253.32.179 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
o 24.253.32.105 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 38.119.107.115 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 64.72.123.89 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 68.224.18.101 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 68.42.89.248 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 68.79.88.117 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 69.241.245.61 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 70.85.197.178 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 71.227.53.163 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 71.238.46.6 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 71.83.5.114 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 72.193.139.76 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 72.232.109.36 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
o 78.129.197.69 [Find More Users with this IP Address]

Here are the comments that were deleted:

foxjeep4x4 (http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/member.php?u=9733) Just wondering if this is a Event? Seems like this event is ran half assed, and it appears to be illegal. Wouldn't recommend anybody to go to this illegal event that will be cancel due to DNR or some other outsides ?

foxjeep4x4 (http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/member.php?u=9733) you got permits post them up now! I know you don't have permits and this is illegal for you guys to even do this event, you probably will run this event like the niggers that run glfwda

foxjeep4x4 (http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/member.php?u=9733) Quote:
Originally Posted by Kixx007 http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/bgold/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?p=1370667#post1370667)
Post them now? Don't worry we have them.

so why they hell would anyone want to waste $$$$ on your Bull$hit

__________________________________________________ _____________

I believe this person should be removed and banned from GLFWDA. Here is a link to his GLFWDA screen name:

http://www.glfwda.org/member.php?u=60 ( I have 4 years of IP addresses from my website on this guy, as well as numerous other michigan based websites showing all of his 8 normally used screen names. ADMIN, or BOD, contact me if you need this information)

He has also threatened myself, he has threatened to kill deathdealer's family, and he has threatened many other non-glfwda members.

If I posted this in the wrong location, please move it. I just wanted to clear up all this problematic post issue we had last night which may have left many people thinking that SnoFari was an illegal event.

Thanks.

//edit: I was asked to add in the list of user names that he goes by, so everybody knows. Here are his most commonly used names:

Mudslayer
Rubiconer
Pinkhairedgirl
Bronco
Mudslayer4x4

Thanks

WhiteRhino
November 12th, 2008, 12:45 PM
We do not need trouble makers on this site. Especially those who have shown an effort to cause drama on multiple web sites.

Administrator
November 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM
It appears a GLFWDA member was making the problems, and he has since been removed from the gl4x4 website.

For the record, the user with one of the IP address you displayed is NOT a dues-paying GLFWDA member.

Kixx007
November 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM
For the record, the user with one of the IP address you displayed is NOT a dues-paying GLFWDA member.

Yes, in another thread, he stated he lapsed, and can't view pictures.

Bult4mud
November 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I HAVE RECIEVED 30+ registrations... I will be sending out confirmation packets after teh 20th of NOV..

THanks

JIM

cc
November 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I HAVE RECIEVED 30+ registrations... I will be sending out confirmation packets after teh 20th of NOV..

THanks

JIM

:woot:

tom90yj
November 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM
woot for snofari cant wait:thumb:

Renegade II
November 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
57 days to go!

Bishop
November 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
see ya'all there:woot:

joe_jeep
November 13th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Yes, in another thread, he stated he lapsed, and can't view pictures.

now you know why he wanted to view them!

grabber525
November 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
AJ and I are coming, hopefully the ride up this year won't be quite as bad, sending my reg out on the 20th.

Brian81CJ
November 20th, 2008, 08:04 AM
AJ and I are coming, hopefully the ride up this year won't be quite as bad, sending my reg out on the 20th.
OH NO, AJ's going to be there??? There goes all the raffle prizes!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kixx007
November 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM

I wondered if you missed it. Glad you guys are coming again!!:thumb:

xj 98
November 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
put mine in the mail today. cant wait first time going :woot:

hemrides
November 22nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I may have missed it if this was asked and answered. I have a stock Wrangler...Would I be OK on this trip...I have front hooks, and rear class 3 hitch that can be used if needed.

Thanks,
Dave

oz97tj
November 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Stock size is fine.

Good tow points are required.

Basically, if there is only 2 inches of snow then you probably won't even need 4 wheel drive for most of it. If there are 20 inches of snow, then it'll be tougher!

You only have to meet these requirements.
http://www.glfwda.org/forms/Safety_Certification_Form_revised_3_06.pdf

Nvrenuf
November 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
If there are 20 inches of snow, then it'll be tougher!

:thumb:There is an understatement if I ever heard one!

Place the order for snow now!

xj 98
November 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
20 inches sounds good :thumb:

hemrides
November 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the response OZ97TJ. I looked at the requirements and meet them. Like I said I have the two factory hooks on the fron and the hitch on the back with a hook that slides into the receiver. Have a tow strap. Think I should be OK.

Dave

oz97tj
November 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the response OZ97TJ. I looked at the requirements and meet them. Like I said I have the two factory hooks on the fron and the hitch on the back with a hook that slides into the receiver. Have a tow strap. Think I should be OK.

Dave

Yup, you'll be fine. You may be on the strap a bit if the snow is deep but that just adds to the fun.

jeepin4fun
December 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Hi, I'm a Newbie on the site, I was looking over the checklist for the safety / required equipment. I am a little dumbfounded on a pinion brake? can somebody please explain what this is to me? thanks

jeepin4fun
December 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry, Also, I have been looking for something to describe what the sno fari is? where it's at, what all goes on, etc.... I'm thinking of like a paper flyer describing this event. IS there an electronic flyer, or a link somebody could send me so I can read up on this event, I'm new to the website, but not new to wheeling, however I've never been in a club or organization, but I'd love to, as I have no friends into this sport, so most my wheeling is done lightly, and alone. I watch videos on youtube, of groups, clubs, or just friends out wheeling together and i always sit here and wish I could be part of their action, be a part of the video, not a spectator. I live in the Port Huron area, Fort Gratiot to be exact, and would love to meet fellow offroaders, and maybe get in with a crowd and start enjoying this sport as it's meant to be. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, i did post an introduction in that forum too, so please be easy on me as I'm just trying to extend my hand out there, and also looking for some info on this sno fari event. Thanks. Tom

phazer42
December 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
There are a lot of folks on here that you can wheel with.... personally I don't like to wheel alone as thats when you get into trouble..... But, sometimes its unavoidable.

Sno-fari, which I haven't attended before, is an orginized event where folks will lead the trails and we all play follow the leader. Sounds mundane but its fun. Join in the fun!!

Try this link and be familiar with the different links from this page....
http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=information

oz97tj
December 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hi, I'm a Newbie on the site, I was looking over the checklist for the safety / required equipment. I am a little dumbfounded on a pinion brake? can somebody please explain what this is to me? thanks

A pinion brake is a brake that is mounted on the pinion of the axle instead of on the end of the axleshafts. They are commonly found on Rockwells.

Basically, if you don't know what they are then you don't have them. lol

oz97tj
December 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry, Also, I have been looking for something to describe what the sno fari is? where it's at, what all goes on, etc.... I'm thinking of like a paper flyer describing this event. IS there an electronic flyer, or a link somebody could send me so I can read up on this event, I'm new to the website, but not new to wheeling, however I've never been in a club or organization, but I'd love to, as I have no friends into this sport, so most my wheeling is done lightly, and alone. I watch videos on youtube, of groups, clubs, or just friends out wheeling together and i always sit here and wish I could be part of their action, be a part of the video, not a spectator. I live in the Port Huron area, Fort Gratiot to be exact, and would love to meet fellow offroaders, and maybe get in with a crowd and start enjoying this sport as it's meant to be. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, i did post an introduction in that forum too, so please be easy on me as I'm just trying to extend my hand out there, and also looking for some info on this sno fari event. Thanks. Tom

SnoFari takes place January 9th and 10th in West Branch. I'm not sure yet, but there was talk of maybe a night run on Friday night and then everybody goes out on Saturday in different groups. After, there is a banquet back at the hotel and a raffle with lots of cool stuff. Basically, it's a great time to get together with a bunch of people you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to wheel with. Make new friends and just have a great time.

jeepin4fun
December 2nd, 2008, 04:56 PM
IT sounds really great, So let me get this clear, we'd drive out friday, stay in a hotel, have some riding on saturday , then a banquet and raffles. Does it carry into sunday? or do most people head home saturday night? Is there an ORV park there? what's it called? is there an address for it, that I could mapquest? Also how much is it, and is there a particular hotel that is being reserved for people from this event? what's the name of it, and that address please? IF it does end on saturday night, and we chose to stay over till sunday are the trails open sunday for wheeling or is it just saturday, and only event invities allowed? thanks

oz97tj
December 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
IT sounds really great, So let me get this clear, we'd drive out friday, stay in a hotel, have some riding on saturday , then a banquet and raffles. Does it carry into sunday? or do most people head home saturday night? Is there an ORV park there? what's it called? is there an address for it, that I could mapquest? Also how much is it, and is there a particular hotel that is being reserved for people from this event? what's the name of it, and that address please? IF it does end on saturday night, and we chose to stay over till sunday are the trails open sunday for wheeling or is it just saturday, and only event invities allowed? thanks

The event is Saturday, the banquet is Saturday night. I wouldn't be surprised if some people went out again on Sunday, but there is nothing set that I am aware of. There is an ORV park near by, but he isn't open all the time. I don't know if he'll be open that weekend. It's called OSTC or Ogemaw Sport and Trail Center. He's located off Scribner Rd in Rose City. There are a bunch of state trails nearby that you could go explore though. The hotel is the Quality Inn in West Branch. Tell them your reserving for SnoFair.

Kixx007
December 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
The event is Saturday, the banquet is Saturday night. I wouldn't be surprised if some people went out again on Sunday, but there is nothing set that I am aware of. There is an ORV park near by, but he isn't open all the time. I don't know if he'll be open that weekend. It's called OSTC or Ogemaw Sport and Trail Center. He's located off Scribner Rd in Rose City. There are a bunch of state trails nearby that you could go explore though. The hotel is the Quality Inn in West Branch. Tell them your reserving for SnoFair.

......... Quarterly ........:thumb:

oz97tj
December 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, the GLFWDA quarterly meeting is Sunday morning. You are more than welcome to come to this and see what is going on.

Meetings are normally done by 1ish, so after people may go wheeling. Heck, I'd probably be up for it.

oz97tj
December 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
......... Quarterly ........:thumb:

Thanks Ryan!

cruiserjg
December 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Is there still spots open?

Deathdealer
December 5th, 2008, 01:54 PM
We had some people back out so we have some spots, get those reg forms in!!!

cruiserjg
December 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks sending reg. today.

jeepin4fun
December 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, I just joined this Website Forum a couple days ago. I am interested in doing the sno fari event. I saw the link for the required safety list, I'm sure I can meet those, I have a couple things I need to get but Already have most. My Jeep is a 97 TJ 4.0 Auto, I have a 2.25 budget boost, and 1.25 body lift with 1" motor mount lift. I am running 31" tires. I have the stock D35, and D30 up front. Reason I mention this is that I was wondering if My rig is capable enough for this event? Also I read a post from some that said if there's only a couple inches of snow probably wouldn't even need to engage 4whl drive. Like I said I just joined this site and haven't paid a dime to anyone about anything and I was wondering if I have to join something seperately in order to be able to go to this event? The post about not needing four wheel drive kinda left me wondering if this was going to be any kind of challenge at all, or if it's just a bunch of trucks following one another down some snowy dirt roads. Are there obstacle? Hills? streams? etc. I just want to know as much as possible before signing up. Also, can you tell me what hotel most are staying at? and if anyone already booked rooms how much they range in price? How much is the entry fee for the event? and even if there is still a spot open. Also, Having to try to convince the fiance' to go, can you tell me if any other wives, girlfriends, etc are going with people? I know she won't go for it if it's just gonna be all guys, She has never wheeled before, and When i bought the jeep I told her all about how fun it is yada yada, but she has no clue, so I wanted to know if there will be other ladies there that she could at least chat with about girl ****, to convince her to go. Thanks in advance Tbody:blahblah:

jeepin4fun
December 6th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hi, can somebody please answer my questions? I'd really like to get a spot if this is something that sounds good, but nobody has been able to answer any of my questions in the last couple days. Including my most recent post. I'll add a Standing Gentlemans bet. 25.00 to anyone who can beat me in a 100 yard drag. Pavement or Hardpack dirt :woot:

jeepin4fun
December 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Oh yeah, and another 25.00 dollars for an Arm Wrestling Contest at the banquet................ maybe now I'll get some replies, some answers. HA

WhiteRhino
December 6th, 2008, 06:57 AM
jeepin4fun,
Give it time, you posted late on a Friday night. Not everyone's around. Well, the event is in Michigan in January. We've had anywhere from a few inches of snow to a couple feet. Your guess is as good as everyone elses. Regardless, you will need 4wd. The snow will dictate how much. There are steep sandy hills & off camber situations. No stream crossings, it's not legal in Michigan. Your jeep will do fine. If there's deep snow and you are running smaller tires your trail leader will place you accordingly so you will be able to get through. Pay special attention to the tow point requirements. Hotel info is on the sign up sheet.

The dinner and banquet alone are worth the price and effort.

Kixx007
December 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hey guys, I just joined this Website Forum a couple days ago. I am interested in doing the sno fari event. I saw the link for the required safety list, I'm sure I can meet those, I have a couple things I need to get but Already have most. My Jeep is a 97 TJ 4.0 Auto, I have a 2.25 budget boost, and 1.25 body lift with 1" motor mount lift. I am running 31" tires. I have the stock D35, and D30 up front. Reason I mention this is that I was wondering if My rig is capable enough for this event? Also I read a post from some that said if there's only a couple inches of snow probably wouldn't even need to engage 4whl drive. Like I said I just joined this site and haven't paid a dime to anyone about anything and I was wondering if I have to join something seperately in order to be able to go to this event? The post about not needing four wheel drive kinda left me wondering if this was going to be any kind of challenge at all, or if it's just a bunch of trucks following one another down some snowy dirt roads. Are there obstacle? Hills? streams? etc. I just want to know as much as possible before signing up. Also, can you tell me what hotel most are staying at? and if anyone already booked rooms how much they range in price? How much is the entry fee for the event? and even if there is still a spot open. Also, Having to try to convince the fiance' to go, can you tell me if any other wives, girlfriends, etc are going with people? I know she won't go for it if it's just gonna be all guys, She has never wheeled before, and When i bought the jeep I told her all about how fun it is yada yada, but she has no clue, so I wanted to know if there will be other ladies there that she could at least chat with about girl ****, to convince her to go. Thanks in advance Tbody:blahblah:

To add to what Whiterhino told you about the trails. This is a family event. There wil be lots of Wives, girlfriends, kids, everything there. The cost is $50 per adult. You must be a member of GLFWDA, there are different option levels you can chose. From $5 per event, to a $50 yearly membership. There is info on the join us page. Hope this helps you.

jeepin4fun
December 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I have never done an organized event like this, and my fiance' has never been wheeling, so I thought it would be a good time for both of us. I will try to track down this registration form and figure out how much it'll all cost. Another question, Do most people drive there rigs out there or do they trailer/tow them? I have a towbar I purchased for my jeep but it's not installed, and was wondering if i'm better off towing it out there with my Z71, or just driving my Jeep out there solely. Thanks again for the help.

Kixx007
December 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I have never done an organized event like this, and my fiance' has never been wheeling, so I thought it would be a good time for both of us. I will try to track down this registration form and figure out how much it'll all cost. Another question, Do most people drive there rigs out there or do they trailer/tow them? I have a towbar I purchased for my jeep but it's not installed, and was wondering if i'm better off towing it out there with my Z71, or just driving my Jeep out there solely. Thanks again for the help.

To be honest, I am not just trying to get you to come, but for a first time event, for you and your fiance, I think this is a great event to come to. You guys will meet lots of new people, a lot of couples and families. Not only is it a fun time on the trail, its a fun social event afterwards. there are door prizes, along with awards and a raffle with lots of wonderful donations.

I would say it is 50/50 on towing. Some people tow, some people drive their rig up. It is your choice.

This thread on GreatLakes4x4.com provides lots of other valuable information, along with links to documents that might be of interest: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Hope you decide to come up!

jeepin4fun
December 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hey thanks for the info, I will have to check in with work and make sure I can get that time off. Ditto with my fiance'. Hopefully this far in advance it shouldn't be a problem. So If the 2 of us came, it'd be 50.00 each for the event correct? and can you give me a rough ball park figure on what the hotel rooms are gonna run? I really appreciate the help. Thanks for the link to that other forum, I didn't join it yet, but saved it in my favorites, so I can check it out later. As far as the raffles and stuff, do they raffle off any Jeep gear? products? or is it like tshirts, books, 50/50? well i mean what type of stuff was raffled last year? just curious, it's not like i'm coming for the raffles, I really want to do the ride, it sounds fun, but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Also can you give me an address to the location of the event so I can mapquest it and see how far it is so I can better plan the trip? Thanks so much, in advance,. Tom

jeepin4fun
December 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Also meant to ask, what type of rigs are the majority that showed up last year? mostly Jeeps? I have a TJ, just curious as to what other vehichles show up to run. Also can somebody please send me a reg form, or link me the form so I can send it in? thanks again guys

DDS4X4
December 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Registration Form - see Post #1 of this thread
More info - see Post # 2
Checks payable to Soldiers of Fortune Offroad - see Post # 8
Hotel info - see Post # 15, ask for SnoFari room discount rate
sorry I can't quote the amount, they will tell you on the phone
I want to say in the $80-90 range, nice hotel with indoor pool, great restuarant and bar, attached Shell station/store and Subway

Send it in NOW

Other questions - raffle stuff is 4x4 stuff and car stuff, straps, hi-lift jack, d-rings, blah ... blah
mostly Jeeps and similar 4X4, anything you bring and wheel!

Renegade II
December 6th, 2008, 11:49 PM
The hotel was around 85 a night, the reg form is in the first post in this thread, all different kinds of vehicles with a variety of lifts & capabilities, raffle prizes these kinds of runs are usually top notch trail gear, mapquest Quality Inn West Branch as a start point, come and have fun. Big events with lots of people are the best way to break into the sport and learn a lot right off the bat :thumb:

Hope to see you there :woot:

jeepin4fun
December 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Ok, just to be clear, The registration form is the one that also has shirts you can order on the bottom of the reg page correct? Now my other question, I just joined this forum, I don't belong to an organization, what other fees or dues would I have to pay along with the reg fee? And can that fee be added to the check written out to the Registration, or can it be paid upon arriving at the event?

Kixx007
December 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Yes that is the registration form.

You can add the ammount for the GLFWDA dues to your check, along with your registration fee's. Or you can pay your GLFWDA dues online: http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=join

WhiteRhino
December 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Spent the day pre running yesterday. Anywhere from 8" to a foot of snow on the ground.:woot: Should be fun if it stays cold.:thumb:

USMC 0369
December 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Spent the day pre running yesterday. Anywhere from 8" to a foot of snow on the ground.:woot: Should be fun if it stays cold.:thumb:

I thought you Michigan guys prefer mud?

joe_jeep
December 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM

we prefer a little bit of everything! we will take what we can get though. usually thats mud and fairly easy trails. snow makes an easy trail very fun though!

WhiteRhino
December 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM

I have no use for mud unless it stands between me and the trail that continues out the other side. I have been known to get muddy but I don't go looking for it. It amazes me how many people see the jeep on the trailer and say "you going mud bogging?". The answer is always "NO".

hemrides
December 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Are there still spots open??

Dave

Kixx007
December 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Are there still spots open??

Dave

Yes sir!

jeepin4fun
December 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Ok, I just read a boatload of posts on Great lakes 4x4's forum, and saw a few pics. I don't know if my rig would make it through some of those trails. 97 Tj 4.0 auto, stock diffs and gearing 2.5" lift 31's. Have you seen less make it through there?

WhiteRhino
December 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ok, I just read a boatload of posts on Great lakes 4x4's forum, and saw a few pics. I don't know if my rig would make it through some of those trails. 97 Tj 4.0 auto, stock diffs and gearing 2.5" lift 31's. Have you seen less make it through there?

You'll make it. Quit worrying & sign up.:thumb:

oz97tj
December 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
You'll be fine. Just come out and run it. Just make sure you meet the requirements. Mainly, the tow point rule.

Renegade II
December 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I took a total stocker through last years pre run without a problem. Sign up already :thumb:
:woot:

NightKrawler
December 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Sign up and bring it!!! :thumb: Air down your tires and make sure you have a solid tow point. Last year there was a ton of snow and all sorts of vehicles were getting stuck. No big deal, that's why we go in a group, it's a buddy system, nobody gets left behind. Last year there were quite a few stock Jeep Cherokees.
Some trails are easy and some are hard. There also may be some challenging hill climbs that you can try or bypass, your choice.

You can sign up with a group of similar stock vehicles if you feel more comfortable than going with a group all riding on 40"Iroks and lockers.
Trail sign up sheets will be at the hotel, ask a trail leader and they will help put you in a group.

jeepin4fun
December 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Well ****, I would of course love to ride with the big dogs, but I don't want to be the dead caboose of a group. I mean I have great DRIVING experience offroad, but My Rig is not too Beefy. Ya know what I mean, I don't want to drive around with a group of people who only know how to pull the 4x4 lever, I want the challenges, In fact Let me get some advice here. I have been wanting to get lockers, I eventually would like selectables but at the time can't afford it, I then thought of a powertrax type in the rear, but guys I talk with on another forum talked me out of it, So then I have been looking at a detroit True Trac, LSD type set up for the front of my rig, and then doing an ox or something next spring when money is a little better. That way with the True Trac, I wouldn't have the squirrely ride up front, but it still would be much better than stock. Since you guys know the snowy trails and such, How much difference would it make to my 97 4.0 auto 31's 2.5"lift stock, perform, how much difference would I get with a true trac up front for this event? or should I just wait, enjoy the event stock, and save my pennies for the selectables later.

cruiserjg
December 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
or should I just wait, enjoy the event stock, and save my pennies for the selectables later.[/quote]

There you go. :thumb:

oz97tj
December 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
or should I just wait, enjoy the event stock, and save my pennies for the selectables later.

There you go. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

X2

Sounds to me like you need to learn your rig a bit more and what it is capable of.

Frankly, a stock TJ with some decent treads will do quite a bit. Bigger tires and lockers and such only add to that.

Other than deep snow hanging you up, the TJ will do just fine. Make sure you have tow points to get tugged out of the snow if you get stuck and you'll have a great time and meet some new people.

As for groups, they'll be paired up in vehicle capability and experiance combined. Basically, you'll be paired with somewhat similar vehicles with drivers of different skill levels. Hopefully, you'll be able to learn something from somebody who has been around, and maybe teach something to someone new.

jeepin4fun
December 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Ok, Ok, I plan to be there, quick questions though, I just bought this rig about 3 months ago, it was bone stock, it's a 97, back in 2002, I bought a 97 sport same thing i have now, but the one I had back then had factory tow hooks on the front. The one I have now, doesn't. Can I order a set of Tow hooks off ebay and bolt them up to meet requirments or do they have to be different than stock? Also, I've been looking at bumpers on ebay as well, I was thinking of one of the rockcrusher styles, with D rings for the front, would that meet requirements? and also a bumper for the rear, similiar style, Drings etc, but with a reciever built in. can I mount a d ring in the reciever to meet requirments? and sorry Lastly, IF I don't get a new bumper for the rear, or a hitch of some sort, what can I do in the rear to meet the recovery point requirments? thanks. I'm 90% in guys, printed off a reg sheet, just have to figure out who's coming with so I can mail it in. thanks

WhiteRhino
December 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
In my opinion, don't waste your money on a limited slip. Either lock it or leave it open.

As far as bumpers and tow points, contact Ironman here on this forum. He makes high quality stuff & it'll probably be cheaper than catalog bolt on stuff.

oz97tj
December 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
My front tow hooks are front Tractor Supply. They holes fit holes already in the frame, but I have a aftermarket bumper so I don't know if those holes are visible with the stock bumper. Mine is a 97 as well.

On the rear, I've seen guys use the same hooks from Tractor Supply on the rear of the frame. There is one hole already there, drill the other and your good. You have to remove the rear bumper to do this though because you have to get inside the frame.

The last time I bought hooks there were less than 10 bucks each and came with bolts. Although, I had to get longer bolts. Just be sure to use Grade 8s.

And to answer the questions about d-rings and all the other stuff, basically if it's a strong enough tow point to support yanking your vehicle then it meets requirements.

phittie1100
December 8th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Tow points are an easy fix - check on some of the message boards with bigger for sale/free sections like GL4x4 or MichiganWheelers - usually there are a handful of folks with TJ front and/or rear hooks that are just looking for a six-pack for the set. A frame-mounted Class 2 hitch can make a suitable recovery option for the rear too.

jeepin4fun
December 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
So, can you tell me this, front and rear bumpers that bolt up to stock mounts, that have drings in front, and a reciever plus drings in the rear, would those not be acceptable because the tow point itself isn't mounted to frame? thanks. I'm tryin my best to be able to make it

oz97tj
December 9th, 2008, 04:11 AM
If the bumper is built to withstand the forces of the d-ring mounts on the bumper itself, and the bumper is mounted properly then yes it would be enough.

I'm really thinking your over complicating this whole thing. Just get some tow hooks, or buy a bumper with tow points from a reputable dealer and you'll be fine. Your rig is fine. JUST SIGN UP AND COME WHEELING!!!

Deathdealer
December 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Tractor Supply tow hooks will bolt up the stock bumper just fine. If you have the little rubber bumperettes you may have to remove those.

rentalrider
December 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
20 inches sounds good :thumb:

Your wish has been granted. :thumb:

To the rest who have been wishing for snow... feel free to quit anytime!! :poke:

jeepin4fun
December 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
OZ97, I have never been to an organized offroad event before, I don't have any friends that wheel, and the one thing I keep hearing really emphasized by everyone on here is "make sure you have good tow points", So i'm not trying to complicate things I just don't want to drive 3 hours and send in my money only to find out my tow points arent' up to par. I'm new to this, Not wheeling, but organized wheeling, and I'm really looking forward to it, and will probably attend as many events as i can, but coming in as one of the new guys, in a mild rig, I just want to make sure I know/have all my safety requirements down. Thanks, And I do appreciate all your guys' help. Does anyone have a picture of the shirts that are available to order with the registration form? Can you buy them at the event as well, or just through the reg form.

WhiteRhino
December 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
OZ97, I have never been to an organized offroad event before, I don't have any friends that wheel, and the one thing I keep hearing really emphasized by everyone on here is "make sure you have good tow points", So i'm not trying to complicate things I just don't want to drive 3 hours and send in my money only to find out my tow points arent' up to par. I'm new to this, Not wheeling, but organized wheeling, and I'm really looking forward to it, and will probably attend as many events as i can, but coming in as one of the new guys, in a mild rig, I just want to make sure I know/have all my safety requirements down. Thanks, And I do appreciate all your guys' help. Does anyone have a picture of the shirts that are available to order with the registration form? Can you buy them at the event as well, or just through the reg form.

You are making way too much out of this. For the front, buy a set of hooks from TSC. They are installed with 1/2-13 bolts. Use Grade 8.

For the rear, if you have a decent class III hitch,
http://www.etrailer.com/faq_hitchclasses.aspx
this will suffice. Just buy an decent clevis type insert. No trailer hitch ball, they break too easy. If you can't find one, you can catch up with Ironman and buy one from him at Snofari.

If you don't have a class III hitch, you need one, or a quality tow point in the rear. Once again, I mentioned to you before to contact Iromnan. This is what he does for a living. He can help you out. He gives discounts to GLFWDA members.

Jim

Creative Fab
December 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I carry all of the tow hooks you would ever need as well as a good quality class lll reciever hitch for the rear and a clevis mount to use in it.

Give me a shout or PM me here

Pat
Ironman Offroad
989 832 7538

Deathdealer
December 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the shirts that are available to order with the registration form? Can you buy them at the event as well, or just through the reg form.

They come in 3 colors, black, black and black. I would plan on ordering it on your reg form, we never seem to have them left over.

jeepin4fun
December 12th, 2008, 12:44 AM
quick question, for this event can I just unbolt my sway bar links, I don't have disconnects. or is that not allowed. thanks

jeepin4fun
December 12th, 2008, 12:52 AM
One other thing. Those of you who are bringing a camcorder, if you bring the USB cable, or the RCA cable that you connect to your television to watch your videos: I will be bringing my DVD device. What I can do for you is connect your camcorder and within a few minutes I can burn your footage onto a DVD that is playable in any home Dvd player. There is no need for a computer to do this and it will work with any type of camcorder you have. The video and sound quality is very good, This would be a great way to have your trip recorded to a DVD, Then when you get home you can still transfer your files how you normally would. Just wanted to throw that out there.

oz97tj
December 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
quick question, for this event can I just unbolt my sway bar links, I don't have disconnects. or is that not allowed. thanks

That could work. Just figure out a way to tie the sway bar and the links up out of the way. However, I will say that I ran mine all last weekend up there with it connected the whole time. For the most part flex isn't a big issue. The snow is what is going to be giving you trouble.

WhiteRhino
December 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Zip ties hold sway bars up out of the way with no problem.

Renegade II
December 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
What's this sway bar thing you speak of?
:lmao:

I doubt disconnecting it will be necessary, like oz said, snow, ice & snow on hills are the stopper on a winter run.

95geo
December 12th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm out.... my ride will be enjoying its new life in Oregon and the new one wont be even close to wheelable or michigan winter friendly....

Have fun without me!

Renegade II
December 12th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I'm out.... my ride will be enjoying its new life in Oregon and the new one wont be even close to wheelable or michigan winter friendly....

Have fun without me!

Bummer you can't make it, good deal on finding a new home for the Geo. Can't wait to see the new project on the trails :thumb:

Stan
December 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM

Have fun without me!

You went through alot of effort to not look bad wheeling with me.

Kinda sad really.

Kixx007
December 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
You went through alot of effort to not look bad wheeling with me.

Kinda sad really.

Don't post in the SnoFARI thread unless you are coming. Thanks. :flipoff:

jeepin4fun
December 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I want to send my registration in, However, I don't know for sure if my guest will be coming. Is it possible to send in my registration form and check paying for myself, and if my guest is able to make it, can i pay that once I get to the event? thanks.

Renegade II
December 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I want to send my registration in, However, I don't know for sure if my guest will be coming. Is it possible to send in my registration form and check paying for myself, and if my guest is able to make it, can i pay that once I get to the event? thanks.

My guest was told yes (pay there) to this same scenario :thumb: Get your registration in, it's getting close :woot:

Kixx007
December 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
My guest was told yes (pay there) to this same scenario :thumb: Get your registration in, it's getting close :woot:

Just do it this way. And get your dang registration in already!!!!

jeepin4fun
December 14th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Ok, gonna send my registration in. what's the name of the hotel again so I can make sure to get a room? and also, the majority of ppl, do they stay fri and sat night? what time does the run end on saturday? just so I know if i should book 2 nights, I REALLY don't want to if I don't have to but, is saturday night like a big party with alot of folks staying over till sunday? I wouldnt' want to miss the social interaction if most people stay until sunday. thanks

MTUbronco
December 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
As mentioned before, Saturday is a day of wheeling with a banquet afterwords. This does take some time but doesn't go on all night but many people hang out and trade stories. So to sum it all up, it's really up to you to decide if you want to stick around or drive home after a long day of wheeling. Either way send in you registration before it's too late!!!!

jeepin4fun
December 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Is there any way I can get an idea? , The scheduled runs on saturday: what time do they usually run? The banquet? what time does that start? thanks in advance

DDS4X4
December 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM
First you should go back and read the 12 pages of posts here. Most of your questions have been answered multiple times. A lot of the 12 pages are your questions and our answers.

Most people stay Friday and Saturday night, unless they are local and can make the drive in an hour or so.

Banquet and prizes usually over by 9 PM ish.

Runs start on Saturday 9 AM ish.

Banquet starts on Saturday 6 PM ish.

GLFWDA Quarterly meeting starts Sunday 10 AM ish.

That ... that ... that's all folks!

Now I'm waiting to see if this guy is for real or if someone from SoFO is just padding their post count with all these questions???

MTUbronco
December 14th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Or if you send in your registration SoFo will personally send you registration packet that includes all planned events and times. So like people have stated, send in your registration and worry about the details later.

cc
December 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I was told everybody who registered would receive one complimentary cup of blue drink via fedex.

I have yet to receive mine.. Have they shipped?

Kixx007
December 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I was told everybody who registered would receive one complimentary cup of blue drink via fedex.

I have yet to receive mine.. Have they shipped?

I ran into a problem shipping them, I guess I was suppose to use lids. We have chosen a new route for blue drank.

1. Show up Friday night and have your drink poolside after the night run.
2. Hope your group including "The Baddest YJ Ever" and "Badder than Stans YJ" wuss out on the trail and show back up at noon to start partaking in blue drank activities.
3. Drink blue drink with my GF in MY room alone... I still wont forgive Romey.

cc
December 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
We were back drinking at the hotel because of the 7 rigs that were in our group:

2 caught fire
1 lost an engine
2 lost transmissions
1 guy lost our group and went back
1 guy had his rig stolen.

Renegade II
December 14th, 2008, 10:58 PM
WOW! Rough crowd. Maybe I'll pass on the friday night run :lol:

WhiteRhino
December 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Wow, I guess those are a couple of awesome YJ's.

Stan
December 16th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Wow, I guess those are a couple of awesome YJ's.

I was not there. Please don't say "awesome YJ" when I'm not a part of it.

Thank you.:flipoff:

oz97tj
December 16th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I was not there. Please don't say "awesome YJ" when I'm not a part of it.

Thank you.:flipoff:

I'm beginning to think this is going to turn into a three way sword fight between you YJ guys.

WhiteRhino
December 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Trust me, it wouldn't be a fight.:woot:

oz97tj
December 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM

No? Three guys with bellies bigger than their, uh, weapons sumo fighting?

cc
December 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM

x2. I'd simply unplug one of stan's spark plugs and he wouldn't know how to troubleshoot his jeep. Then I would run over that big ugly yj with stupid looking cut tub.

WhiteRhino
December 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
x2. I'd simply unplug one of stan's spark plugs and he wouldn't know how to troubleshoot his jeep. Then I would run away from that big white yj with the good looking passenger.

Fixed it for you

Stan
December 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
x2. I'd simply unplug one of stan's spark plugs and he wouldn't know how to troubleshoot his jeep. Then I would run over that big ugly yj with stupid looking cut tub.

You should just worry about keeping up.

Bishop
January 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I seemed to misplace the packet that was sent in the mail with the times and everyting on there. is it posted anywhare or can someone possibly pm me the sheet?

thanks, Bob

Bishop
January 4th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I seemed to misplace the packet that was sent in the mail with the times and everyting on there. is it posted anywhare or can someone possibly pm me the sheet?

thanks, Bob

i found it.:bootyshake:

WhiteRhino
January 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
i found it.:bootyshake:

I never got mine.:wah:

T-way
January 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Maybe someone is trying to tell you something???!!

:poke:

Just kidding....I won't make this event, so I hadn't posted anything in this thread. But.....I just couldn't resist poking a little fun at Jim!!

:bootyshake:

sportsnut44
January 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
truck is ready
all i have to do is pack.

is it friday yet

Renegade II
January 5th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Here ya go...
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/scan0002.jpg

Bult4mud
January 5th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Jim you never got yours????

RYAN!!!!!

oz97tj
January 5th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Good thing a non-SoFO member is taking care of this...:poke:

Renegade II
January 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Good thing a non-SoFO member is taking care of this...:poke:

:thumb:

While I'm at it, anyone need local hotel, county or shopping brochures? :lmao:

WhiteRhino
January 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Jim you never got yours????

RYAN!!!!!

No, and from what I have seen on "the other site" there are at least a few more that never got their info. I know my son in law sent his in before deer season and he actually received a phone call from one of you guys asking to clarify his registration. He still doesn't have his as of today.

I'm concerned that there are some newcomers who could really use their letter for prepping.

kb8ymf
January 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I sent mine in really, really late so I not really expecting one.
Figured I would just crash the gig anyhow!:bootyshake:
j-KB8YMF

oz97tj
January 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM
:thumb:

While I'm at it, anyone need local hotel, county or shopping brochures? :lmao:

Thanks for your help!:yourock:

MTUbronco
January 6th, 2009, 11:30 PM
In case anyone misplaced their Snofari confirmation letter, or just wants an extra one for their guest, I have attached a downloadable word document for all those interested.

cc
January 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
thanks mtu

marineonee6
January 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Ryan,
This is Dave Smith from 2 Track Minds Off-Road. I sent in our registration Dec 27th, but forgot to put the zip code on the envilope. It was return to me here at the shop, so I sent it back out on Jan. 5th. I'm not able to make this trip this year, but I have Jeff Matney, Jason McAlonan, and Ben Renner. They are brining up 2 jeeps, Ben is Ridding with Jeff.
I will also have prizes for you to giveaway. The big one this year is a Smittybilt winch XRC8. We will also have gift certificates, small stuff, and brochers. I also have a couple of vendor gift certificates coming if I get them by Friday. I will tell Jeff to find you when they get there Friday night. Should you need anything else from us, please feel free to call me at 810.659.1300.

Thanks,
Dave Smith

cc
January 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the giveaway's 2TM!

marineonee6
January 7th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Anytime, We are always willing to help out as much as we can.

Dave

WhiteRhino
January 7th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Ryan,
This is Dave Smith from 2 Track Minds Off-Road. I sent in our registration Dec 27th, but forgot to put the zip code on the envilope. It was return to me here at the shop, so I sent it back out on Jan. 5th. I'm not able to make this trip this year, but I have Jeff Matney, Jason McAlonan, and Ben Renner. They are brining up 2 jeeps, Ben is Ridding with Jeff.
I will also have prizes for you to giveaway. The big one this year is a Smittybilt winch XRC8. We will also have gift certificates, small stuff, and brochers. I also have a couple of vendor gift certificates coming if I get them by Friday. I will tell Jeff to find you when they get there Friday night. Should you need anything else from us, please feel free to call me at 810.659.1300.

Thanks,
Dave Smith

Very, very nice gesture.:thumb:

BTW Dave, I knew you wouldn't show after breaking last year.:lmao::lmao::lmao: Just kidding of course. Sorry you can't make it.

Jim

kb8ymf
January 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Anytime, We are always willing to help out as much as we can.

Dave

Yep, thanks again for supporting this event. Sorry you can't make it this year.
jim-kb8ymf

rentalrider
January 7th, 2009, 05:23 PM
From a snofari first-timer... what are the "groups" we'll be divided into and how is this decided? Also, since I don't plan on staying at the motel, WHEN is this decided? And I apologize if this has been answered, but a quick scan of this thread didn't reveal my answers. Thanks in advance.

kb8ymf
January 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
From a snofari first-timer... what are the "groups" we'll be divided into and how is this decided? Also, since I don't plan on staying at the motel, WHEN is this decided? And I apologize if this has been answered, but a quick scan of this thread didn't reveal my answers. Thanks in advance.

Rick,
I'm sure some of the organizer will pipe in also. Each trail leader will have a sign up sheet sort of describing the trail he plans on running. You'll be able talk to the leaders at sign up, they'll asess your vehicle and let you know if the trails you'd be encountering would be beyond your vehicle limits or you'd be ok. For instance, Whiterhino is requiring beadlocks or a spare tire. His trails are so twisted up in places that non-beadlocked tires are almost surely going to leak or get pulled off the rim. Some trails like mine would be a very tight squeeze for a full size truck. Not saying you can't go, but you'd be forwarned that you'll be squeezing through trees and around corners that are sure to be a handful for the average wheeler.
Sign up is suppose to be Friday night @ registration. SOFO guys will pipe in if that's wrong.
jim-kb8ymf

WhiteRhino
January 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM

There are sign up sheets at the registration desk. Each trail leader lists what his/her run will consist of and any requirements. (for instance, I require each vehicle to have a bag of cookies for the trail leader and gunner:lmao:) Then you can decide which run suits you best. There will be roughly 12-15 rigs in each group. Sign up is first come, first served. Sorry, that's the way it is. So, one run may fill up a lot sooner than others. You should keep in mind that for the most part, the West Branch area is pretty similar and each run will be covering similar areas although my run will be a tad bit different this year.

If possible, I would suggest making it to the Friday night social hour and pre-registration. Discussions go a long way.:thumb:

kb8ymf
January 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
There (for instance, I require each vehicle to have a bag of cookies for the trail leader and gunner:lmao:)
And I thought all along it was licorice....duh:banghead:

If possible, I would suggest making it to the Friday night social hour and pre-registration. Discussions go a long way.:thumb:

Yes a very good time too. We'll have an editor for a Sweden 4WD magazine on the run for Saturday but will participate in the Friday night hospitality

j-kb8ymf

rentalrider
January 7th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys for the quick responses. Yeah, my wife and I will be there Friday evening, but (plan on) leaving for the night. Really looking forward to this weekend. We live near Clear Lake but rarely take part in organized events. After drooling over the rigs parked outside the motel last year, we decided to try this "scene". See you all Friday! :woot:

oz97tj
January 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Each trail leader lists what his/her run will consist of and any requirements. (for instance, I require each vehicle to have a bag of cookies for the trail leader and gunner:lmao:)

So, your like Santa?

WhiteRhino
January 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys for the quick responses. Yeah, my wife and I will be there Friday evening, but (plan on) leaving for the night. Really looking forward to this weekend. We live near Clear Lake but rarely take part in organized events. After drooling over the rigs parked outside the motel last year, we decided to try this "scene". See you all Friday! :woot:

Be sure to say hi.:thumb:

And I thought all along it was licorice....duh:banghead: For you it is.

So, your like Santa? Well I have the shape but not the beard.:lmao:

marineonee6
January 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I knew you would remember that WhiteRhino

Dave

jeepin4fun
January 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
If there are any spots left, and anyone who could lend a room, I'd really like to make this event. It would be my very first event, I was really excited about it but ended up laid off. I would gladly return the gesture for another upcoming event if anyone could help out :( It'd be greatly appreciated. My Fiance Has MS and we don't get to do much do to her condition. This would be her first time ever wheeling at all. Thank you

Sincerely,
Thomas Ashwell

jeepin4fun
January 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I would also be willing to video tape the action at the event and burn them to DVD's playable in any dvd player using the equipment i have, for anyone who wants one of course free. Also Willing to Help out any way I can for anyone. Thanks again.

jeepin4fun
January 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
sorry, I meant to include my email address, Tashwell11@yahoo.com

DDS4X4
January 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
SoFO will have to answer your question about costs for those without a vehicle???

oz97tj
January 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
If there are any spots left, and anyone who could lend a room, I'd really like to make this event. It would be my very first event, I was really excited about it but ended up laid off. I would gladly return the gesture for another upcoming event if anyone could help out :( It'd be greatly appreciated. My Fiance Has MS and we don't get to do much do to her condition. This would be her first time ever wheeling at all. Thank you

Sincerely,
Thomas Ashwell

Maybe just to clarify, are you looking for a place to stay, or just extra space to ride?

DDS4X4
January 8th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Sent him an email.

They aren't going to get a room, due to financial situation.

jeepin4fun
January 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hi, yes sorry for the confusion. Due to being laid off my plans for attending have been unfortunately diffused.. I have my Jeep, but I'm 3 hrs away, and would've liked to come out tomorrow night, and stay for the event. I just don't have the funds for all of it. I didn't know if you guys had booked an entire floor of a hotel, or all of a motel etc... or if everyone got them individually. I was hoping maybe there was an extra room. sorry for the confusion. When is the next organized event? I've never been to one, nor have I ever been to state trails before. Also my Fiance' has never been wheeling period. She still doesn't understand the Jeep wave on the road. lol. She's ridden fourwheelers before and enjoyed it. With her MS though she doesn't get to do that much anymore with her fatigue. But yeah if someone could tell me when the next event is i'd appreciate it. Also I live in Fort Gratiot(north of port huron) and there isn't anywhere to wheel out here, but if anyone would like to meet up sometime maybe at mt. morris or something for a day, or a small group of people I'd really enjoy to really wheel with others. Anytime. My email is Tashwell11@yahoo.com so if any of you would like to go wheeling sometime please contact me, I don't have any friends into the sport so I'd love to meet some. And to all you SnoFari guys/gals.....I wish you all a fun safe weekend, look forward to meeting you all soon.

MrsRedRuby
January 8th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I am sending my husband up for the Friday night run but have no idea where to tell him to meet you guys and what time. I see you plan on going out at 6. We will be staying at the Quality Inn. This is our first time out on this outing but have heard and read so much I am sure we are going to have a good time. Hopefully I will make it for the Friday nite meet and greet. Looking forward to meeting some new and old faces. Thanks :wave:

WhiteRhino
January 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I really don't think anyone will be headed out that early. We will all be mingling around the quality inn.

DDS4X4
January 8th, 2009, 10:28 PM
MrsRedRubi,

I am SURE he and/or you won't be able to miss us hanging around the QI.
If you can't find us, roam around the facilities, listen for us or ask someone.

See ya there, you'll have FUN!!

oz97tj
January 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi, yes sorry for the confusion. Due to being laid off my plans for attending have been unfortunately diffused.. I have my Jeep, but I'm 3 hrs away, and would've liked to come out tomorrow night, and stay for the event. I just don't have the funds for all of it. I didn't know if you guys had booked an entire floor of a hotel, or all of a motel etc... or if everyone got them individually. I was hoping maybe there was an extra room. sorry for the confusion. When is the next organized event? I've never been to one, nor have I ever been to state trails before. Also my Fiance' has never been wheeling period. She still doesn't understand the Jeep wave on the road. lol. She's ridden fourwheelers before and enjoyed it. With her MS though she doesn't get to do that much anymore with her fatigue. But yeah if someone could tell me when the next event is i'd appreciate it. Also I live in Fort Gratiot(north of port huron) and there isn't anywhere to wheel out here, but if anyone would like to meet up sometime maybe at mt. morris or something for a day, or a small group of people I'd really enjoy to really wheel with others. Anytime. My email is Tashwell11@yahoo.com so if any of you would like to go wheeling sometime please contact me, I don't have any friends into the sport so I'd love to meet some. And to all you SnoFari guys/gals.....I wish you all a fun safe weekend, look forward to meeting you all soon.

Thomas, rooms were booked individually so I don't know if we can help you there, at least not on short notice.

Keep and eye out here though for event that will be happening in the future. There should be many that you can come out to. Best of luck!

DDS4X4
January 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
What is wrong with this picture/forecast???

For Northwest Ohio:
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 3 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORTHERN INDIANA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 3 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE WARNING AREA THROUGH MID MORNING. SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE THROUGH MIDDAY SATURDAY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED FROM THIS STORM.

For West Branch, MI area:
HIGHS in 20's
LOW'S in 10's
PRECIPITATION 0-20%

I am leaving at noon, by way of Toledo to drop my wife off at the Vet's (my daughter's house) for the weekend.

Maybe I can pull some of the snow north with me ... we'll see.

See ya tonight at the Lumberjack!

Stan
January 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'm out.

Have fun.

MTUbronco
January 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Here are a few photos from the "stocker" run.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/edelberl/Snofari%202009/P1100009.jpg
Breaking trail proved to be a little tougher than we thought it would be.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/edelberl/Snofari%202009/P1100016.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/edelberl/Snofari%202009/P1100019.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/edelberl/Snofari%202009/P1100022.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/edelberl/Snofari%202009/P1100021.jpg

Renegade II
January 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
If available, what is the date for next years run? If I'm not already scheduled off I need to put in my lock in vacations within the next week. I would hate to miss a run that was this fun :thumb:

MTUbronco
January 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
No date has been set yet. We plan to have a meeting within the next couple of weeks and a date will be set at that time.

DDS4X4
January 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
In conjunction with the Quarterly again, I hope.
So touch base with President Bob also.
Thanks!