PDA

View Full Version : West Branch area on Saturday

yj_hank
October 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
A friend and I are taking our jeeps to the West Branch area on Saturday. We will be leaving from the Super 8 hotel at about 9:30. We are mostly going to head out to see some of the fall colors. If anyone would like to join us feel free. You can reach me at 517-403-1173.

Henry :wave:

Date: 10-18-2008

Trail/Area: West Branch

Difficulty Level: 1

Organized Event?: No

Vehicle Limit?: no

Kozmotoo
October 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
PM sent

phittie1100
October 16th, 2008, 11:01 PM
A couple of us from What Lies beyond will be in the area on Saturday too - a little later, meeting at Wally World around 10am. Didn't we bump into you last year near West Branch about this same time of year?

Miffy
October 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM
The colors are past peek, drove from W.Branch to Roscommon and the Browns and Golds are still nice out in the woods. think it will be a nice weekend for ya's.

phittie1100
October 19th, 2008, 09:37 AM
We missed the bright reds and yellows, but it was still s nice day to be in the woods.

Nice meeting you Henry - good thing you guys didn't tag along, our day was slowed by an electrical gremlin in one of the YJs and an oil pan incident in our only Chevy. The kids all had fun, I think they enjoy the stops more than the wheeling on nice days like yesterday.

Quietlake
October 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I color toured my way up to Boyne City for a wedding.
Actually the farther north I went, the better the colors were.
Pics were from my wife's van who had to go home the same day. I came back Sunday.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/quietlake/colortour1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/quietlake/colortour.jpg

yj_hank
October 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Paul, it was nice meeting you and all the guys from "what lies beyond". Sorry to hear about the jeeps problems. It was a nice day but I still need to make a trip up there with others who really know the area. We took some good pictures I will try to post a couple soon.

Henry