PDA

View Full Version : Final Year for the Pig Gig

Icemanii
September 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yogi’s Pig Gig hosted by Swamp Stompers Final Year

After much consideration, we, the Swamp Stompers have decided that this year will be the final year that we host Yogi’s Pig Gig. While the Gig is a great event and a fine opportunity to meet other wheelers, we as a club have come to the conclusion that we would rather concentrate our efforts on wheeling trips for the club, and not spend so much time in planning and preparing for an event of this magnitude.

We would like to invite everyone out for the final year that the Gig will be hosted by the Swamp Stompers, and what may be the last of the ‘Official’ Yogi’s Pig Gig’s. Some of you have been to every Gig since Yogi started this fine charity event, so may not want to miss the end of a tradition.

Join us as we make this final event the best yet, and help us to raise money for our charities.

Thank you

Swamp Stompers 4X4 Club
Hosts of Yogi’s Pig Gig

DDS4X4
September 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Bummer ... sounds like another GREAT event bites the dust/mud!

Icemanii
September 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Bummer ... sounds like another GREAT event bites the dust/mud!

Just have to help us convince Yogi to take it over again and keep it going.

jeepfreak81
September 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Just have to help us convince Yogi to take it over again and keep it going.

So he can pocket the $$ again?

Miffy
September 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
So he can pocket the $$ again?

I don't feel this is a fair statement. Yogi put way more into the gig then he could have ever gotten out. I do not mean to start a pissing match for I have no proff that he did or did not donate the money's talked about.
But I do know what it takes to put on these events and statements such as your's are putting a black eye across the 4x4 world. I would like all of the quabbles to be put to rest and see everyone start to look foward to what we can do to bring people together not separate us more.

joe_jeep
September 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I don't feel this is a fair statement. Yogi put way more into the gig then he could have ever gotten out. I do not mean to start a pissing match for I have no proff that he did or did not donate the money's talked about.
But I do know what it takes to put on these events and statements such as your's are putting a black eye across the 4x4 world. I would like all of the quabbles to be put to rest and see everyone start to look foward to what we can do to bring people together not separate us more.

im with you miffy! no need for us to work against each other any longer.
we worked together very well this weekend. we hope to do more of this, not less.

DDS4X4
September 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM
GREAT event, GREAT time, GREAT folks!

And a HAPPY Birthday to some lucky folks!

Icemanii
September 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks to all the excellent cooks who helped out at the Gig.

Only complaint I have is that I ate too much!!:lmao:

It was great to see everyone there and to have the groups working together.

Thanks you to GLFWDA for a very fine breakfast. And for working with us to put another good Gig on.

joe_jeep
September 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks to all the excellent cooks who helped out at the Gig.

Only complaint I have is that I ate too much!!:lmao:

It was great to see everyone there and to have the groups working together.

Thanks you to GLFWDA for a very fine breakfast. And for working with us to put another good Gig on.

thank you for inviting us to take part in such a great event. big props go out to the swamp stompers. they know how to put on a top notch event.
special thanks to sofo for showing up early and cooking most of the food.
also to road kill grill for doing most of the prep work and providing the really cool mobile kitchen.

you guys sure know how to roast a pig too!! dinner was amazing!

i also need the recipe for "apple pie" :ahhh:

thx again for letting us be involved, we will be in touch with you guys soon.

yogi
September 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
just to clear my name no money was pocketed for the events that i put on other than expence money

if anyone wants to take it over or wants to help put it on for the 7th year contact me

bowhuntr50@yahoo.com

jim ross

Bult4mud
September 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Joe NO PROB on our end.. We will do anything to help the Association GROW even at 0Darkthirty in the AM

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/Jeeperchick95/OSTC/IMG_2141.jpg

DDS4X4
September 15th, 2008, 12:21 AM
THANKS for the reply, Yogi, missed ya at the GIG.

We'll have to see how/where 2009 and the Gig lands.

THANKS to SOFO for yet another OUTSTANDING performance ... did Paul get ya hooked back up with your tools???

phittie1100
September 15th, 2008, 10:03 AM
BBQ tools are in my Jeep - this week's schedule includes Grand Blanc Monday, Farmington Hills Tuesday, Pontiac Wednesday, Hartland Thursday and Kalamazoo Fri-Sun for Awareness training. If none of these are good hand-off times/places, I'll send them with Pat B or Jarhead to the Quarterly.

joe_jeep
September 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM
just to clear my name no money was pocketed for the events that i put on other than expence money

if anyone wants to take it over or wants to help put it on for the 7th year contact me

bowhuntr50@yahoo.com

jim ross

sorry for the comment yogi!
i sent ya an email. thx