PDA

View Full Version : Oakland County Clean-up is now going to The Mounds

Jarhead
August 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM
In that the twenty-eight sites provided by the State of Michigan for Clean-Up within Oakland County having been Cleaned-Up - Joe Jeep would like to invite one and all to The Mounds on October 4th instead.

...............Remainder of post was deleted as it is no longer applicable.....

(location of Sundays Meeting: http://gander.distanthorizon.com/storelocator/storedetail.asp_Q_store_id_E_74)

Greenway
September 21st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Is this straight wheeling or a cleanup?

What time to meet? Where?

Jarhead
September 22nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Straight up wheeling would be the plan....as for time, "OH Evil JOE"?

joe_jeep
September 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
im trying to get the jeep done. funds are getting short! got everything parts wise except rear shafts, and front locker. ill keep ya posted. i just may need a ride.

oz97tj
September 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Joe, how's the TJ coming? Need a hand with anything?

joe_jeep
September 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Joe, how's the TJ coming? Need a hand with anything?

got a credit card with a real high limit? that would help alot!!

thx for the offer of help, but its all prety easy stuff. took me about and hour to pull the shafts and 3rd member today. i put it back together without the third in it so it looks driveable in the driveway.

it will not be done in time. the rear should be. the front will not be geared and locked in time though. all the rear end stuff is at jeepers creepers now. taking him another center section tomorrow, cause my spare was broke around the 3rd pinion bearing support. my main one loooks good though. my shafts are a little longer than most? 32.5 inches flange to spline tip. most are 31.87? still looking for longer shafts that aint custom order. appears to have 88128 bearings those i can get. kevin thinks the bearing surface is the same diameter so i can use the same bearing part number on the new shafts. i have all the parts except the front locker and the rear shafts.
i almost cheaped out and bought a mini spool for the front, instead of the lockright. still not sure if i wanna spool a front axle, kinda hard on the steering gearbox and pump!

i gotta thank kevin at jeepers creepers for helping me out! he is a great guy to deal with, and his prices are nearly impossible to beat.

i sent a message to paul to see if one of the w.l.b. members would lead a trail ride. im sure they know the park better than i do anyway.

oz97tj
September 28th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I'm poorer than you are. Then again, that's probably why I'm running open diffs right now, and have a Harbor Frieght winch... lol

Oh, and now a really crappy rattle can paint job to cover up the body work I started but didn't want to finish. lol

Jarhead
September 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
As JR and Joe work to Git "R" Done...

Sundays Meeting Agenda attached:

Greenway
October 3rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
So what time Saturday at The Mounds? Where? CB or FRS channel?

WhiteRhino
October 3rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
I plan on being there between 10 & 11.
CB 4

I don't bother with my ham there.

Jarhead
October 3rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
I'll be there...

oz97tj
October 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
I'll be rolling out there around 10 ish. I also have to leave around noonish though. I was supposed to be going with a buddy, but he bailed.

Gary, you want to head that together seeing as we're both in Fenton?

Greenway
October 3rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Yep. PM sent.