PDA

View Full Version : What is legal in Grayling?

Cdash
August 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I am going to be near Grayling and wanted to drive around a bit, was hoping to drive the perimeter of the range, if it's open. I've been around it in the past, just want to make sure things haven't changed, or that I wasn't being bad previously.

Are the two tracks up there ok to run on unless posted closed , gated, or gaurded by someone with a machine gun? I just want to drive the trails and make sure I am not going places I shouldn't from a military or DNR standpoint.

Jarhead
August 11th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Stay away from the Gasline and the Powerline.

The Ranges both North and South of Camp are accessible. The Federal and State land are so intermixed in Grayling the Military puts up gates where you are not allowed or post a sign refering to infantry emplacements or unexploded ordinance; one of the easier areas to stay out of trouble.

ganz
August 11th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Well I have to say Be carefull!!!
A quick note to add to Jarheads advice. he is right about the signage. it is very good....... and it a good place to spend some time.
But: I was up there a year ago in the south side and one of us rolled and was on the radio askin for some help because we had got seperated a bit. anyway by the time we got the jeep back on its wheels the DNR had showed up and gave us the usal bull$**t that we were detroying the landscape. and told us we were not to be any were near there. of course we had ORV stickers insurance etc but that didnt matter. we mentioned that the military had used the area and we hadnt done any more damage. well that didnt go over to well!!! LOL! the did let us go without tickets.
Just BE CAREFULL is all i can say. they dont seem to care were you are. heyare looking to make some money........