PDA

View Full Version : I just represented HB4323 on 97.1FM

mitrail400ex
July 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Jay, Bill, and Sarah (the morning show) on 97.1FM here in Detroit started talking about how ATVs and motorcycles were going to be allowed on the sides of the roads in Northern Michigan, and I immediately recognized this as HB4323. So, I hopped on the phone and was the first caller on the topic. They asked where I heard about the bill, and I mentioned GLFWDA, as well as GL4x4. They then asked what benefit it would offer to riders. I said that it would be great for people who want to explore the vast trail system that Michigan has to offer, since people would no longer have to load their ATVs/ bikes back on to the trailers and drive their vehicles to the next trailhead. They could simply stay on their ATV and ride it. They wrapped me up by asking about snowmobilers, and I said that snowmobile riders have enjoyed this priviledge for many years in many of the counties that are going to allow ATV riders to do the same.

I hope my bumbling and rambling actually made sense to the others who had to listen to it. :woot:

Deathdealer
July 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
:thumb:

Ridgerunner
July 30th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Way to go ! :thumb:

MTUbronco
July 30th, 2008, 02:29 PM
To add to the topic, there's a descent article about this topic on the front page of the Detroit Free Press.