PDA

View Full Version : Pig Gig 2008 Sept 12-14 ~ Registration is Open

Icemanii
July 1st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Registrations is open for the 6th annual Yogis Pig Gig. The event this year is by preregistration only and the site is
www.yogispiggig.com

Weekend of social fun that helps raise money for Charity. This year we are supporting GLFWDA, UFWDA, and Children with Hairloss. Come help us support wheeling in MI thru this fundraiser weekend.

Great wheeling nearby at OSTC, and the trail system is directly across from the campgrounds. We will have showers and full facilities this year to make it nicer camping.

So, what do you get for your money? Quite a bit, actually.
$30 registration for the Pig Gig per adult, kids under 12 free
Registration includes 2 nights camping with hot showers and clean modern facilities. Also included on Saturday is a hot breakfast cooked for us by members of GLFWDA.Then in the evening join us for the 'world famous' Pig roast dinner with all the trimmings and desserts.

Raffle tickets available for the many donated items with all money going to support our charities.

Any questions, please contact myself, Swampjeep, or Sandman from Swamp Stompers 4X4 Club. Hope to see you all there to help us raise money for these organizations. :thumb:

MegaCab Mike
July 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
broken link can you fix it?

Creative Fab
July 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM
www.yogispiggig.com

Deathdealer
July 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM
looks like he missed an "s" in the URL

www.yogispiggig.com

Edit: Pat beat me to it.

Icemanii
July 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Fixed it thanks.

Trail_Fanatic
July 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Can payment be made the day of the event?

I don't transfer money online.

joe_jeep
July 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
pls excuse trail_fanatic. he's from the stoneage:lmao:

ill se ya there pat.

Trail_Fanatic
July 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
pls excuse trail_fanatic. he's from the stoneage:lmao:

ill se ya there pat.

Some of us like being cavemen!

:thumb:

Tippy
July 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
It is pre-registration only, but I believe checks and MO's can be sent.

Trail_Fanatic
July 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM

PM me the addy you want it sent to and teh name you want on it?

Tippy
July 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM

PM me the addy you want it sent to and teh name you want on it?

Swampstompers 4x4 Club
4887 Tittabawassee Rd.
Freeland, MI. 48623

Be sure to include real name, screen name and any clothing purchases be sure to include type and size.:thumb:

Trail_Fanatic
July 3rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you sir!

It's going to have to wait until I get back from the United Convention now, but you should see it by the end of July.

Tippy
July 6th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Looking forward to seeing you there Pat.:thumb:

Icemanii
July 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing all the GLFWDA members there. Remember, part of the money goes to support your organization. :thumb:

Address is up for snail mail users as well. Thanks to all who have pre-registered.

Icemanii
August 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Just an update that the Gig is coming up. Getting some nice prizes in from our sponsors.

Gig is only 5 weeks away, now is the time to register to attend. Hope to see a lot of you guys there.

joe_jeep
August 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
just registered. see yall there.

Trail_Fanatic
August 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Registered a week or two ago.

Icemanii
August 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
just registered. see yall there.

Registered a week or two ago.

Saw that you guys had registered. Thanks, look forward to seeing you guys there.

swampjeep
August 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
To answer the commonly PMed question, is this a joint event between Swamp Stompers and GL4x4?

Not really, we planned the date together so people can attend both if they would like, but the OSTC event is to hopefully promoting an other ORV park here in MI, but none of the money collected there is directly going to any organizations or charities.

The pig gig is a fund raising charity event benifiting Children with Hair Loss, GLFWDA, and UFWDA, this event is run by the Swamp Stompers, with some help from others such as DMJC, GLFWDA, and our sponsors, but not GL4x4.
Please don't confuse the two.

thought I should post this here too

phittie1100
August 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Probably also need to mention again that there are two seperate fees for these events too -

Icemanii
August 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Probably also need to mention again that there are two seperate fees for these events too -

Yes, you are correct, they are separate fees as the two events are not combined except to promote wheeling in MI. Difference is, the Pig Gig is to raise money to support GLFWDA and UFWDA.
OSTC is to try to get another spot to wheel legally here in MI, but the money goes to businesses, not to support the sport. Both are good in their own right and hopefully will be well attended.

Between them, there should be a serious influx of tourist money into the West Branch area, something we need to make sure MI legislation knows about.

Hope to see some support at the Gig so we can raise money for our charities.

phittie1100
August 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Between them, there should be a serious influx of tourist money into the West Branch area, something we need to make sure MI legislation knows about.

Please - make sure you fill out your Tailgate Report if you attend either of these events - I'll have paper copies on-hand at both locations, or you can use the quick and easy online form Kevin set up for us at http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=tailgate

swampjeep
August 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM

yes, thanks,

Yogis pig gig is $30 for 2 nights camping, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and too many laughs and memories to count.

Icemanii
August 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
First post is updated to include what you get for your registration money. While there are separate fees for the two events in that area, the Pig Gig is the event that is putting money back into the sport thru our chosen charities.

Figure a bbq dinner would cost you at least $8, hot breakfast $5, and two nights of camping at least $20 per night, you see the deal you are getting. Plus, the bonfire with your friends and the raffle on Saturday night makes this a great bargain.

Hope to see lots of people join us for the Pig Gig.

WhiteRhino
August 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I want to be cautious about how I say this. I'm sure to be told that I am over reacting but I need to get this off my chest & I'll do it on this site rather than any other.

Continued comments like "the Pig Gig is the event that is putting money back into the sport" implies that the happenings at OSTC is not as healthy for the sport. So, for the record let me clarify a couple things.

First, I approached Deano and wanted to have people be able to pre-pay for OSTC "AT" the pig gig. I proposed that a person show up with a wrist band or some other form of identification that he had pre paid. At the end of the weekend, we would tally up how many wrist bands Deano had collected and we wold write him a single check for the whole ball of wax. This would eliminate him having to collect money, just keep a count. It would also allow a person to write a check for the whole amount including the pig gig, food, camping, clothing, whatever. This would have been beneficial to everyone.

Deano emphatically declined and said that "HE" would collect the money for anyone coming on his property.

In addition, the fees are being set by OSTC. It's up to him to kick back to the sport, not the fella's that are over there hosting the pig gig guests for no pay, other than the enjoyment of the camraderie. I've personally put my share of time into this with no personal gains and since my name is attached to OSTC, I won't find the time to go to the pig gig. Will I enjoy it? Sure, but don't think that I don't take my responsibility lightly for everyone to have a good time.

When all is said and done 10 years from now, I hope people can look back and realize that the efforts to give them a place to play year after year was just as important as roasting a pig.

Finally, the "support the sport" theme was coined by our very own GLFWDA member T-way, who currently sits in ICU in Petosky. So, every time someone in the 4x4 community says "support the sport", take a moment to remember where it came from and utter a little prayer for Tim.

God bless Tim Treadway, I hope he goes home soon.

Jim

Icemanii
August 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with you on this Jim, That is why most of my posts mention that the Gig is to raise money to support our efforts, while OSTC is to promote opening more LEGAL wheeling in MI. I would say the majority of my posts have included the request that people try to do both if possible.
My suggestion has always been to come camp at the Gig, eat breakfast, go wheel at OSTC and come back for the Roast and the raffle. I know that you have put a lot of effort into the event at OSTC and I commend you for that. It is my hope that both events are well attended and bring lots of awareness to the area as a viable place to wheel.
As for the comments about the Gig putting money back into the sport, it is. The OSTC event is to hopefully open up another venue for full size wheeling in the area, but unless we can convince Deano that he will make more money from us, it will not change, he is a business man, and his bread and butter is the ATV/dirt bike crowd.
Does this make OSTC less important? Not at all, which is why I keep mentioning to support both. Jim, I have the utmost respect for what you have worked for on this. My concern is that both events are being undermined by factors beyond either of our control for reasons I am not nor want to be fully understanding of. That is all I will say on that matter.
That said, I would like to personally say I hope to make it to the OSTC event at least for an hour or so. Will not be able to do any wheeling there due to my personal health situation at this time, but hope to show my support by coming by to see the hard work put into it.

RJ (Icemanii)

Miffy
August 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Both events are out to help the 4x4 world that is a fact and they are both good events, I am glad to see Swampstompers and GLFWDA working together on these events. It is a good sign of people getting along again.

Icemanii
August 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Just a reminder that the Gig is about a month away! Come join us and enjoy great camping, food, and friendship! Hope to see you all there.

joe_jeep
August 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Both events are out to help the 4x4 world that is a fact and they are both good events, I am glad to see Swampstompers and GLFWDA working together on these events. It is a good sign of people getting along again.

amen brother!!:thumb:

oops sister i

didnt catch the name miffy. sorry!

DDS4X4
August 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Amen SISTER!

Icemanii
August 18th, 2008, 07:57 AM
25 days until Yogi's Pig Gig is here. Register now for this great annual fall event. The campground is very nice, with clean facilities, lots of room, and close to the trails.
There will be great food, lots of your wheeling friends, vendors, and the charity raffle. Join us on Friday and take advantage of the meal put on by DMJC club so that you can relax and set up camp (extra cost for this great meal).
Saturday morning breakfast will be cooked and served by members of GLFWDA as they raise awareness of their organization, and raise money for the association. This breakfast is included in your registration for the Gig.
After breakfast, enjoy a day of wheeling on the local trails, or head to OSTC to try you rig on some more serious obstacles. We also will be having games for the kids at the campgrounds to keep the younger ones entertained. Then join us for a great Roast Pig and fixings dinner followed by the always popular raffle and prize giveaway.
Hope to see all of you there!:thumb: