PDA

View Full Version : OSTC Rock course / trail clearing. Rose City Michigan

cc
April 13th, 2008, 10:31 PM
More info here:
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=85820

Please show up, and help support the OSTC rock course! Myself, Jim Kitson, Jim Mazzola and Pat Kinne have put a ton of time into making this happen, and it would be great if everybody helps out to make the course design happen!

:wave:

Date: April 26th

Trail/Area: OSTC

Organized Event?: No

Creative Fab
April 13th, 2008, 10:43 PM
a couple of pics from this past saturday walking the grounds to get our game plan for where to place the obstacles

timbercruiser
April 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
If I can make it, I'll help.

Renegade II
April 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
:wah: Prior obligations, can't make it.

This is shaping up to be a banner year for conflicting schedules :banghead:

MiniJ
April 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
:wah: Prior obligations, can't make it.

This is shaping up to be a banner year for conflicting schedules :banghead:

X2 on all the above!

lgottler
April 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'll be heading up from New Baltimore area. I've got a car, so I can fit some people, if someone has equipment to drag up, I've got an empty trailer and a suburban I could take instead.

Lucas

Ridgerunner
April 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'll be heading up on friday night.
Lets get'er done :thumb:

cc
April 25th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Looks like we will have upwards of 25-30 people!

Hope to see a bunch of you guys out there!

WhiteRhino
April 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Donuts and coffee for all at the Kitson camp......9:00 am.:thumb:

Nvrenuf
April 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
See ya there:thumb:

Creative Fab
April 25th, 2008, 10:32 AM
See ya there:thumb:

I'll be thinking about you all as I sip tropical drinks on the beach in Key West

jnmielcarek
April 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Saturday, seven fifteen in the a.m. and I'm gearing up to go move some rocks. Hope we have a safe and productive day. It's not to late for anyone to decide to come and help. I will be hauling two quads and my pal Jeff (XxFirefighterxX). Chainsaws, tow straps, Diet Coke and Gatoraid. Let's build some sweet 4x4 obstacles!!!!!

cc
April 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Had a better then expected turnout, and we got a TON of work accomplished! Thanks to everybody for all the hard work today!

We now have a great boulder course, and a rock course, some new hill climbs, and trails!

lgottler
April 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Do we get to see some pics of the results?

Will you need to do another work weekend?

Lucas

cc
April 26th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I didn't bring a camera, only a pickaxe and a chainsaw :)

I don't think we will need another weekend, that is how much got done today.

XxfirmanxX
April 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Had a blast getting the rock couse set up didn't get no pics as i was on the backhoe moving alot of rocks. Will be fun in May See you all there.

WhiteRhino
April 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks to all who showed up. We wrapped up about 6:30. John & I took Deano for a tour & he seemed pretty pleased.

Thanks again
Jim

cc
April 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks to all who showed up. We wrapped up about 6:30. John & I took Deano for a tour & he seemed pretty pleased.

Thanks again
Jim

I went to pickup deano to bring him back to move the dozer and loader up front. He was sleeping, so his wife told me to move them. :ahhh:

That was actually fun! lol.

WhiteRhino
April 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I went to pickup deano to bring him back to move the dozer and loader up front. He was sleeping, so his wife told me to move them. :ahhh:

That was actually fun! lol.

That was the only time all day I saw you with something other than a donut in your hand.:lmao:

jnmielcarek
April 27th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Let me know if any more days are scheduled to work on the obstacles. I could probably do one more day in May. Glad to help out if I can.

WhiteRhino
April 28th, 2008, 06:32 AM
At this point I think the ball is in Deano's court because it's all heavy equipment work now. Unless someone here is an experienced excavator and can run his equipment.....:wave:

We'll post up if we need help again.:thumb:

XxfirmanxX
April 28th, 2008, 09:08 AM
At this point I think the ball is in Deano's court because it's all heavy equipment work now. Unless someone here is an experienced excavator and can run his equipment.....:wave:

We'll post up if we need help again.:thumb:

If you happen to talk to Deano and he needs someone to run his equipment give me a bump along with jnmielcarek as we where the ones on the dozer and backhoe we will be glad to spend another day moving rock for all of use to enjoy. We all would like to see a great park in the central Mi location. For everyone to enjoy.

XxfirmanxX
April 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
That was the only time all day I saw you with something other than a donut in your hand.:lmao:

Don't worry CC I saw you with a pole in your hand trying to move a 4000lbs Rock. :ahhh: Backhoe to the rescue.

WhiteRhino
April 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
If you happen to talk to Deano and he needs someone to run his equipment give me a bump along with jnmielcarek as we where the ones on the dozer and backhoe we will be glad to spend another day moving rock for all of use to enjoy. We all would like to see a great park in the central Mi location. For everyone to enjoy.

If you guys want to go back up there on your own, you should contact Deano. Just wait a couple days since he is in surgery today. You know the drill.:thumb: