PDA

View Full Version : !!DOA REGISTRATION FORM NOW IN EVENTS PAGE!!

Brian D.
April 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM
You can download your application for 2005 DOA by following the link on the Events page or clicking on this link.

DOA registration (http://www.glfwda.org/DOA_05_app.html)

If anyone can tell me how to scan the flyer in as a Word file please let me know. at this time its a JPG file but should be sized correctly for a 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

ovr-ez
April 11th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi,
Is there campgrounds or hotel around there? I havn't been there before but I am thinking about coming up for DOA
Thanks,
Joe

Originally posted by Brian D.@Apr 11 2005, 05:05 PM
You can download your application for 2005 DOA by following the link on the Events page or clicking on this link.

DOA registration (http://www.glfwda.org/DOA_05_app.html)

If anyone can tell me how to scan the flyer in as a Word file please let me know. at this time its a JPG file but should be sized correctly for a 8.5x11 sheet of paper.
<div align="right">4738
[/quote]

Brian D.
April 11th, 2005, 09:39 PM
There are several resorts on the island. And a lot of them have camping. There are also cabins for rent.

There is also a lot of state land that you can camp on with a backcountry camping permit, available free at your local DNR office.

I think I&#39;m going to camp out on state land. Mainly because I&#39;m a cheapskate but also because you can find some nice places to camp.

Maybe some of the Members of MSG may be able give you some suggestions.

Zookeeper
April 21st, 2005, 07:13 AM
I&#39;m thinking about camping while up there, too. My wife is wondering about the biting flies and other miscellaneous annoying bugs at that time of year on the island though. Anyone have experience camping on Drummond in August?

Brian D.
April 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Zookeeper@Apr 21 2005, 04:13 AM
I&#39;m thinking about camping while up there, too. My wife is wondering about the biting flies and other miscellaneous annoying bugs at that time of year on the island though. Anyone have experience camping on Drummond in August?
<div align="right">4808
[/quote]

I guess it kinda depends on how much standing water is around. But from what I remember they usually aren&#39;t super bad. You&#39;ll still have them but nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can remember.

You will have to look out for the sasquach. If you accidently put your tent on one of their trails look out :blink: You&#39;ll be trampled by no time.