View Full Version : Clarifying the laws?

Zookeeper
April 5th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Maybe we should start working with a legislator to clarify the laws about where we can and can't run on state land.

You have the risk of some areas being closed, but would that be better than letting the DNR make up the rules as they go along? It's something to consider.

I can think of a few recreation-supporting senators that might help us.

Thoughts? :unsure:

Creative Fab
April 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Ari, by all means we should exhuast whatever recources are available to us, that would clarify these laws and help our membership.

If this is something you would like to do I do not think any one here is going to tell you not to bother.

Let us know what we can do to help you out!

Pat

Zookeeper
April 6th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Ironman@Apr 5 2005, 08:49 PM
Ari, by all means we should exhuast whatever recources are available to us, that would clarify these laws and help our membership.

If this is something you would like to do I do not think any one here is going to tell you not to bother.

Let us know what we can do to help you out!

Pat
<div align="right">4699
[/quote]

Good to hear Pat. OK, so, are there specific changes we&#39;d like to see made? Do we have solid arguments prepared as to why the changes are needed? I&#39;m trying to get "in the loop" on this subject, so anything you can provide me that GLFWDA may have thought about already would be helpful.

Once we know what we want changed and why, I can work to arrange for a meeting with a senator or staffer to make our case.

If you want to e-mail me anything directly, you can send it to abadler@yahoo.com

WhiteRhino
April 6th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I have written letters to my state rep and senator. My senator has never replied. My rep has replied and at this time has a letter to the state attorney general challenging our requirements for insurance. There are a couple other issues that I can not go into detail right now. However, pm me your email & I will forward the letter that I wrote.

This goes for anyone.
Jim