PDA

View Full Version : DIY Samurai Rear Bumper

Brian D.
March 26th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Pretty much got the samurai rear bumper done. Just need to weld a couple nuts onto the bottom of the upper mounts.

I started with a Rocky Road Outfitters DIY rear crawler kit. You get the 4X2 tubing with all the holes laser cut already I think it was like $50. I used 4x4x1/4" angle for the mounts. (Freebie!!!)

There are two holes on the bottom of the frame where a little tow bar thingy bolts too. That thing has been removed and the bottom mounts there.

The top mounts to a body mount that is right there. SO I have six solid points to let my friend Ryan and his 7000 pound bronco try to rip off when he or I get stuck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/brdow/mount_resize.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/brdow/Mounted_resize.jpg

I'm going to get a trailer wiring kit deal so I can use the outside lights for stop/turn/running, and then use the inside lights for back ups. the little round ones in the middle are supposed to be the backup lights but I can't for the life of me find those little round ones.

SO maybe I'll put amber colored ones in there and draw a smiley face on them or something :lol:

And there will be a tire carrier/jerry can carrier in the future.

Creative Fab
March 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Looks good B. when do we get to see it in action?

Brian D.
March 27th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ironman@Mar 27 2005, 04:02 PM
Looks good B. when do we get to see it in action?
<div align="right">4639
[/quote]

That is a good question.

Technically I can&#39;t go on any sanctioned runs yet becuase I don&#39;t have a parking brake. I actually cut the parking brake stuff off my axle the day before those rules passed. Oh well.

But anyway. If I&#39;m around I&#39;ll probably go to DOA and of course GG.

Creative Fab
March 29th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Speaking of parking brakes, all you need is a &#036;36 manual line lock from a company called Jammer, they make them for parking brakes for sand buggies.

You plumb it in the brake line and depress the pedal and pull out the handle and holds pressure. You can install it front or rear&#33;

This is what I have.

P.

Brian D.
March 30th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Ironman@Mar 29 2005, 08:58 PM
Speaking of parking brakes, all you need is a &#036;36 manual line lock from a company called Jammer, they make them for parking brakes for sand buggies.

You plumb it in the brake line and depress the pedal and pull out the handle and holds pressure. You can install it front or rear&#33;

This is what I have.

P.
<div align="right">4661
[/quote]

Thats my plan. Plus it will give me an excuse to buy the bendy and flare tools for brake lines. Buwahahahahaaa&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Where did you mount yours? Does it take a lot of force to pull the lock out?

I think I have that weird cross braking deal on the samurai. I&#39;m going to have to look into that.

I&#39;ll be at the meeting on april 10 so I&#39;ll see ya there.